Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #31
KaChow
Winning every race

Are we still able to add to a 3 or 4 day?
Old 07-26-2012, 07:59 AM   #32
cp11
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaChow View Post
Are we still able to add to a 3 or 4 day?
You will have to pay full price. You don't get the upgrade price until you meet the five day ticket price, then add those extra days. Hope that makes sense.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 AM   #33
KaChow
Winning every race

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp11 View Post
You will have to pay full price. You don't get the upgrade price until you meet the five day ticket price, then add those extra days. Hope that makes sense.
So I'd pay the difference between say a 4 day and a 5 day ticket?
Old 07-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #34
larina
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaChow

So I'd pay the difference between say a 4 day and a 5 day ticket?
As long as you paid full price for the 4 day. If you paid a discount price, you'll have to 1st pay the difference to bring it full price THEN pay the difference between the 4 & 5 day. Hope that makes sense.
larina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 AM   #35
KaChow
Winning every race

Quote:
Originally Posted by larina View Post
As long as you paid full price for the 4 day. If you paid a discount price, you'll have to 1st pay the difference to bring it full price THEN pay the difference between the 4 & 5 day. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks! We bought them right before the price increase, so we'll see if adding another day is worth it or not.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:15 PM   #36
tefrench
DIS Addict

We are flying in from Pa, and I would like to ideally spend more than five days at the parks. If we can't add days, though, I think we'll spend our time and money elsewhere....

06/1996 - Disneys Wilderness Lodge
06/2009 - Disneys Caribbean Beach
02/2010 - First Disney Cruise!
12/2010 - 1/2011 - Christmas at Disney
10/2011 - Halloween Dream Cruise + Disney World
11/2012 - First Trip to DisneyLand
11/2013 - Coronado Springs & Eastern Caribbean on Fantasy
12/2014 - Christmas and New Years at Disney World
tefrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:56 PM   #37
ValpoCory
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magalex View Post
Next year for us is our first & maybe only big trip to DL. We are planning lots of time in the parks. The 6 day would worked better for us. Because on arrival day I would love to have the option to go have dinner at DL. I will be watching closely about this ticket upgrade situation.
We are in the exact same situation. Staying at the Grand Cal for 6 nights in January. We will 5-day hoppers for the 5 full days, but would love the option to go into DL on our arrival night. We'd pay $10 more per ticket, but not much more. If we can't, then we'll just do Goofy's Kitchen and explore Downtown Disney on our arrival night, and watch fireworks from the esplanade.
ValpoCory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:03 PM   #38
NVDisMom
I love to read aloud
First rule: NEVER take DH and kids grocery shopping

Well, we will be finding out when we are there Aug 5-10. We all have APs, but we are bringing a guest. She will be utilizing one of the extra 4 Day PH my MIL bought us recently that we obviously can't utilize b/c we have Aps. Looong story. Anyhoo, we plan n being in the parks for 6 days and want to upgrade Miss Meg's PH to the full 6 days from 4. So, we shall find out and I will report back our findings.

If its a no, we will be spending the 10th at Knott's Berry Farm, and since that will cost more for tickets for all 5 of us, we will be eating less on property in order to stay within our prescribed budget. I would rather give my money to the Mouse, but if they refuse to take it...
Old 07-26-2012, 02:25 PM   #39
engo
Mouseketeer

This is a terrible policy. We normally spend more than 5 days and have our tickets ready for this year trip. I hope DL would review this policy if we have enough people to voice our concern.

2012/12 - HK Disneyland
2012/08 - Disneyland
2011/08 - Disneyland
2010/12 - HK Disneyland
2010/06 - Disneyland
2009/08 - Disneyland
2008/11, 2007/02, 2005/12 - HK Disneyland

engo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #40
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by engo View Post
This is a terrible policy. We normally spend more than 5 days and have our tickets ready for this year trip. I hope DL would review this policy if we have enough people to voice our concern.
Athough many people on the DIS are voicing their disdain at this new policy, Disney themselves are saying that overall, there werent enough people who wanted more than 5 day passes...however, with that being said, i think they should have held off until they knew how well DCA would turn out in general...now that people are voicing their opinions in regards to DCA being a park they would happily stay at the entire day, they may need to rethink this
Old 07-26-2012, 03:36 PM   #41
Amy5869
Earning My Ears

Okay so we went to the ticket booth...and again were told NO. Can't happen, not going to happen, we don't have that option, you'll have to buy an annual pass...here's the difference in price for the upgrade. I countered with Okay, fine...but that's more than i need and it's blocked out for Saturday...when I am here and want to use it...and at this point I could have gone to Disney World and stayed on Property for the $$$ I will have spent. I was also informed by them that the most people stayed was 3 days. It was pretty frustrating. Finally a cast memeber helped us out but even then it was a strange mess that involved some ticket shuffling. Still not real sure what he did I just know we have tickets that still work. I know it can be done....but...apparently not everyone knows about it. All I can say is Good luck, keep asking, ask multiple people. I have also heard AAA sells a 9 day ticket....but even Disneyland said they don't have access to that. The ONLY have 5 day tickets and can't upgrade them for more days.
2009 -April 24 = 10 year anniversary in Disneyland for food and wine festival.
July 2009 - Disneyland summer trip with our kids (GNH)
June 2011 - DD's 3year old WDW trip (WL)
July 2011 - Disneyland Summer trip (Fairfield Inn)
July 2012 - DS2's FIRST EVER Disney trip -Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
July 2013 - Disneyland (Fairfield & DLR)
October 2013 - MNSSHP, DS2's 2nd birthday and fun with friends trip!(WL or POFQ)
Amy5869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:59 PM   #42
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy5869 View Post
and at this point I could have gone to Disney World and stayed on Property for the $$$ I will have spent.
dont know if you saw the post where everybody went balistic because certain people said exactly what you just said...it proves my point exactly! wdw is a better economical choice hands down!!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #43
AquaDame
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy5869 View Post
Okay so we went to the ticket booth...and again were told NO. Can't happen, not going to happen, we don't have that option, you'll have to buy an annual pass...here's the difference in price for the upgrade. I countered with Okay, fine...but that's more than i need and it's blocked out for Saturday...when I am here and want to use it...and at this point I could have gone to Disney World and stayed on Property for the $$$ I will have spent. I was also informed by them that the most people stayed was 3 days. It was pretty frustrating. Finally a cast memeber helped us out but even then it was a strange mess that involved some ticket shuffling. Still not real sure what he did I just know we have tickets that still work. I know it can be done....but...apparently not everyone knows about it. All I can say is Good luck, keep asking, ask multiple people. I have also heard AAA sells a 9 day ticket....but even Disneyland said they don't have access to that. The ONLY have 5 day tickets and can't upgrade them for more days.
I don't like this at all. I am very happy that someone was finally able to help you, but from your experience and that of others recently I would NOT bank any trip of mine in finding this elusive CM who can actually make the change. I would recommend assuming to play by the rules and stay with a 5 day or upgrade to AP rather than disappoint someone severely when they get there and they can't find someone to help. Letter writing all around needs to happen though as we used a 7 day park hopper every year when I was a kid! Check IDs or something but don't take the option away!
Old 07-26-2012, 04:35 PM   #44
DarthMole
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddiBarra View Post
They however, do need to come up with a solution and firm policy that allows guests to visit this resort for as many days as they will let guests book rooms in their hotels for
I was just thinking something similar. If you can book a DL hotel for more than 5 nights, why can't they sell you a ticket that corresponds to your length of stay. At least for DL property guests. I can see multiple reasons why they would be limiting the number of days but I don't understand why they would restrict people who stay in their hotels. At the rates they charge, essentially limiting their stay via park ticket restrictions seems short sighted.

What would make more sense is added security measures and charging more for these extra days. $5 per ticket to go from 6-day to 8-day is just stupid when you've already plunked down about $250/ticket. Who wouldn't do it for $5? Make it $10 or $15 per day per ticket We did ours to add some flexibility to our schedule because it was only $20 for our family. If it were $40 or $60 per extra day, we wouldn't have done it on a whim. We would have considered our schedule and quite possibly stuck to our 6-day hopper and my wife's "park day / non-park day" schedule.
DarthMole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:15 PM   #45
Lomky
Earning My Ears

We are also pretty disappointed by this. We are coming all the way from Edmonton Canada in Aug and we were hoping to add some days to our 5 day park hopper for some evenings where we don't already have plans (we are in the area for 10 days).

I even went to the point of contacting Disney in April to confirm that we can upgrade and I was told via email that "visit any ticket booth location...cast member will be happy to assist you".

Oh well, I guess 5 days will have to do, we'll spend our Loonies elsewhere
Lomky is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: