Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-22-2012, 10:31 PM   #316
stinksmom
Friends are the family you choose....

Catching up again! First, captain Jordan was yummy! We actually had a yummy captain on a booze cruise in Puerto Rico, then a couple nights later we went to a local bar for sushi and were talking about. Came to find out we were sitting next to Captain Brian's (adorable) girlfriend It was all good - she was sweet and I've actually stayed in touch with a friend of hers!

I can't believe how the stingray population has diminished! We went to Stingray City inn 2003 and there were so many. I got in the water for a little while and they were amazing but they did make me nervous. I got back in the ship early to make sure the drinks were all in order for the rest of the group

And finally great shot of the Fantasy! We've been on the Dream twice but the shots of the Fantasy coming into caymans looks so cool! And we are going to be on it.... In less than 18 months.... Yes, it's the NYE cruise on the Fantasy in 2013!! I promise not to stalk you but sure would love to meet you at some point.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #317
karajeboo
DISmom by land and by sea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvslikepi View Post
Love the Sting Ray story - I've pet plenty of them at Aquariums but never had the chance to swim with them.
If you ever get the chance I HIGHLY recommend it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGirl View Post
Okay, I have spent my breaks at work reading this report on my phone, and I just have to join in even though I'm quite late! I am new to cruising, having just taken our first cruise, but I get it now! I am loving reading about your trip! I feel like I have read one of your TRs before, but I am too dang old and addled with mommy brain to remember for sure. Maybe I read one of the DIS Moms TRs? Who knows?! Honestly, who cares?!

I am in for the rest of the cruise and looking forward to more!
I've written a lot of TRs, so it could be any of those OR the DISmoms! But you're right, who cares???? Just glad you enjoy it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewmac View Post
ya Im with Alley.. I would be all over you too. Thats the one thing I still cant do on a cruise.. sting rays.. no thank yoU!@
Wimp......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I want to touch a sting ray now.
That almost sounds dirty.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGICFOR2 View Post
So far, so dreamy! Captain Matt, I mean Ray, I mean Jordan still has my vote! I have touched rays at Sea World, but I wasn't sure I would want to swim with them. Your excursion makes me re-think it. Looks like alot of fun!
DO IT!!!! They are so big and intimidating, but it's like a cat rubbing up against your leg. Seriously. Oh, and I like stingrays WAAAAAY more than cats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rndmr2 View Post
Awesome pics of your excursion! Stingray city looks so cool, I wanted to do that when we went there on our HM cruise but DH didn't want to, we did the submarine thing instead, which was neat but I am sorry we didn't get to swim with the stingrays. I will definitely do that if we ever get there again.

Definitely a Yummy Captain!
I touched a stingray at the zoo and was creeped out by it. But this was different. A), they were in the wild, B) they were a LOT larger than the ones in the zoo, and C) it was like they were someone's pet!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTexasGal View Post
We are headed to Rum Point in October - cant wait to hear all about it. We are just doing Rum Point though - we did stingrays last time and this time we have a little one so we are just doing beach only. Super excited! Can't wait to read more!
Did you get the special drink at Rum Point? Chocolate milk? Or something like a mudslide. HOld on, it's in my next installment....

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbiscuit View Post
You had me at the Kathy Bates picture...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinksmom View Post
Catching up again! First, captain Jordan was yummy! We actually had a yummy captain on a booze cruise in Puerto Rico, then a couple nights later we went to a local bar for sushi and were talking about. Came to find out we were sitting next to Captain Brian's (adorable) girlfriend It was all good - she was sweet and I've actually stayed in touch with a friend of hers!

I can't believe how the stingray population has diminished! We went to Stingray City inn 2003 and there were so many. I got in the water for a little while and they were amazing but they did make me nervous. I got back in the ship early to make sure the drinks were all in order for the rest of the group

And finally great shot of the Fantasy! We've been on the Dream twice but the shots of the Fantasy coming into caymans looks so cool! And we are going to be on it.... In less than 18 months.... Yes, it's the NYE cruise on the Fantasy in 2013!! I promise not to stalk you but sure would love to meet you at some point.
I just found some more video that Jeff never uploaded so I'm going to try to nab that later and add. There are more shots of the Fantasy...... Remember, we saw the Fantasy THREE times on this cruise!!!

And what???? YOU on the Fantasy NYE too???? That is going to be a GREAT cruise!!! Can't wait to meet you!!!

Check out my TRs: DISmoms 3! If the Tiara Fits..... May, 2011
The McSparklesons are BACK! And they are CRUISIN! March, 2011
DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,
Yes, I AM the Upgrade Queen May, 2009, DISmoms Gone WILD!!!! , May, 2009
A Joint TR with "podsnel" and "Camster0307"

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
karajeboo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 04:52 PM   #318
Beth D
DIS Veteran

That looks awesome! We did stingrays on CC and a turtle snorkle on St. Thomas for our Eastern. This looks like the best of both!

Can't wait to see your beach pics!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:28 AM   #320
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
That looks awesome! We did stingrays on CC and a turtle snorkle on St. Thomas for our Eastern. This looks like the best of both!

Can't wait to see your beach pics!
Oh it was so awesome! Still trying to figure out how to build a stingray pond in my backyard.... I'm sure the neighbors would love it!

Quote:
Looks like I will need to use my weekend to read the DISMoms report from start to now to ensure some regular Kara updates!
Well of course you do! I mean, what else do you have to do? Clean house? Play with Willow? Let's get priorities straight!

DISmoms Round Two: Don't Axe, Don't Tell May 2010 - A joint TR with my fellow DISmoms!
On the 1st Day of Christmas, Walt Disney Gave to Me...... December 2009; Belly Up at the Dolphin September, 2009 ,

Upgrades, Underwear, and Upside Down Fun - a TR full of "new" adventures! , March, 2009
5/2012 DCL Dream (DISmoms 4) 3/2012 DCL Magic Western Caribbean 12/2011 BWV (Mom/Dad's 50th Anniversary) 5/2011 BWV (DISmoms Gone Wild III) DCL Magic Eastern Caribbean (First family cruise!) 5/2010 BCV (DISmoms Gone Wild Part II) 4/2010 CSR (Mother/Daughter Trip12/2009 VWL (Family Christmas Trip) 9/2009 Dolphin (Mother/Daughter Trip) 8/2009 ASSP (Mothers/Daughters Trip with Neighbors) 5/2009 AKL (DISmoms Gone Wild Trip), 5/2009 AKL (Family Trip), 3/2009 CSR (Mother/Daughter Weekend), 11/2008 CSR (Mother/Daugter Trip), 9/2008 Yacht Club (Anniversary Trip), 5/2008 POP (Grand Gathering),3/2008 POR (P&PP), 5/2006 POP (Family Trip), 5/2000 CSR (Business), 5/1998 BWI (Honeymoon), Multiple offsite adventures!
Old 07-26-2012, 08:42 AM   #321
karajeboo

We soon had to hop back in our ride and head to Rum Point for lunch. Along the way we passed near Stingray City again and I waved goodbye to Freckles and all my new friends....

You'll notice all the larger boats, commonly called "head" boats because people are packed in so tightly that all you see are their heads as they pass by. The problem with these types of tours is that you don't get the one on one attention that we got from Fat Fish and Jordan. And who wouldn't want one on one attention from him????

I think Ally was a bit relived that her time in the water with unknown creatures was coming to an end soon...... Tori on the other hand, was ready to snorkel some more!!!

Well we got to Rum Point, we had to drop anchor out in the bay and wade into shore. Made me feel all piratey......

Then Jordan advised us to NOT go to the counter to order lunch, but rather to just find a table and someone would come to us. Hey, he's the boss and he knew what he was talking about!!!

Our view from our lunch spot....

We invited Jordan to join us for lunch and the view just got even better!!!

Jordan told us to order the mudslide, said they had the BEST mudslides anywhere!!!

YUMMO!!!!

I got a fish sandwich of some sort.... seemed kind of wrong since I'd just made so many new friends today who might be on the menu tomorrow!!!!

Ally got all crazy and went with a grilled cheese.....

Some more shots of Rum Point....

Once we finished lunch (and a couple of mudslides!), it was time to head to Starfish Beach.....

Following JOrdan back to the boat....

The Reel Nauti...... Oh yeah, my head is filled with thoughts right now!!!

So long Rum Point...... Until next time!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:19 AM   #322
karajeboo

I want to try to finish up Grand Cayman today, as I am leaving early Saturday for a week in San Francisco, Yosemite, and Pebble Beach!!!! I have never been to this part of the country and I'm uber excited!!!!! It's a company paid trip, as Jeff is taking a customer and his wife out there and I am lucky enough to get to tag along!!!! The boys are playing Pebble Beach and I plan on hitting a ball too, just to say I did!!! I think that is what I am most excited about.....

But anyway...... Back to Grand Cayman and Starfish Beach....

I had no idea what to expect from this stop on the tour, but it was kind of neat..... but then again, if I go back (as in next spring!!!!) I'll ask Jordan to skip this stop. Been there, done that. Definitely do it once!!!! But after that, not again. I mean, how exciting is a starfish?

Jordan picking up some jellyfish... and he got stung. Good thing he's so cute, cause that wasn't very smart.....

He told us we could pick them up for no more than 15 seconds, and Ally was so upset watching other people keep them out for much longer. Again, Jordan was very concerned with the wildlife and even though he wanted to make us happy, he had rules and he respected nature....

By now the girls were getting a little bored. A lot of sun, a lot of water, and our bellies full, I think we were all getting a little tired.

Soon it was time to say goodbye to the starfish and make our way back.....

I really did not want this day to end, it was the PERFECT excursion!!!

On the way back, Jordan really opened up the engines for the girls and we were FLYING across the water! But I just didn't want it to end.....

Sadly, it did. We got back to the dock, and piled back into the van and Jordan dropped us off at the port.

As much as I joked about how cute he was, he was a FANTASTIC captain!!!! I always felt safe with him, I totally relaxed, he was laid back, fun, easy to talk to, and that is why we booked him again next year. I cannot recommend this operation enough!!!!

Once back at the port, we had a little bit of time to kill, so we decided to go ahead and stay on the island a little longer.....

As you can see, Ally was 100% DONE by now!!!! She was so ready to tender on back and rest for awhile....

I ordered a Havanas and Bananas and just relaxed in the cool bar....

Here's to a great day on a beautiful island!!!

A couple more shots that I just found.....

Old 07-26-2012, 09:43 AM   #323
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
Someone needs to pretend we've got a clue
Chocolate is a girls heaven

It looks like you had the perfect day.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:41 AM   #324
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Fun day! I love the blue water and the laid back feel of this adventure.
I bet i would look like Ally after too..Totally exhausted.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 11:12 AM   #325
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo
Well of course you do! I mean, what else do you have to do? Clean house? Play with Willow? Let's get priorities straight!
it's really touching how well you understand me already! Awwwwww

Great update - I want your lunch today. I think it would definitely beat my current plan to scrounge through the fridge for anything that has not gone bad and try to make something out of it. And the mudslide would surely make the afternoon at work more interesting.
RGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #326
karajeboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
It looks like you had the perfect day.
Yes, it was PERFECT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Fun day! I love the blue water and the laid back feel of this adventure.
I bet i would look like Ally after too..Totally exhausted.
We were all whooped!

Quote:
it's really touching how well you understand me already! Awwwwww

Great update - I want your lunch today. I think it would definitely beat my current plan to scrounge through the fridge for anything that has not gone bad and try to make something out of it. And the mudslide would surely make the afternoon at work more interesting.
It's because i have the same priorities!!! And I could sooooo use a mudslide today!

Old 07-26-2012, 01:34 PM   #327
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It's because i have the same priorities!!! And I could sooooo use a mudslide today!
whoa! I totally missed the second update. I'm going to blame it on DIS'ing from the phone and not my imaginary mudslide.

You are going to love San Francisco. I lived there for about 5 years before moving here. Definitely my favorite place I've lived.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #328
karajeboo

Quote:
whoa! I totally missed the second update. I'm going to blame it on DIS'ing from the phone and not my imaginary mudslide.

You are going to love San Francisco. I lived there for about 5 years before moving here. Definitely my favorite place I've lived.
So so sooooo excited HOWEVER I am NOT excited about the cool temps! I LOVE summer and I LOVE hot weather. The only pair of shorts I'm taking is for the plane trip home so I don't melt when I get off the plane here in SC.... Everyone says it is NEVER warm in SF so I am taking sweatshirts and capris for the day and bluejeans for casual nights, and dress capris, etc for nice nights. Right? Oh, I'm taking shorts for Yosemite, but then my parka for that night! Crazy weather!!!! Pebble will be a long sleeve golf shirt and capris......

Old 07-26-2012, 03:11 PM   #329
OurDogCisco
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by karajeboo View Post
So so sooooo excited HOWEVER I am NOT excited about the cool temps! I LOVE summer and I LOVE hot weather. The only pair of shorts I'm taking is for the plane trip home so I don't melt when I get off the plane here in SC.... Everyone says it is NEVER warm in SF so I am taking sweatshirts and capris for the day and bluejeans for casual nights, and dress capris, etc for nice nights. Right? Oh, I'm taking shorts for Yosemite, but then my parka for that night! Crazy weather!!!! Pebble will be a long sleeve golf shirt and capris......
Yosemite weather can be stinking hot and other times cold. I'd bring a swim suit and everything else to a jacket. We went over father's day weekend and Yosemite was in the 90s the whole time. The evening did cool down but still warm not warm enough for a jacket.
OurDogCisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:35 PM   #330
RGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Yeah, that will not be an easy packing trip. Make sure you watch the SF forecast pretty closely. It is true that it is not super-warm there, but there are always a couple of weeks each summer when I would sell my soul for air conditioning (most homes are not air-conditioned). Also, if you are planning to spend time in the East Bay, it is much warmer there usually.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: