Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 01:19 PM   #211
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
The outside vendor who delivers to DCL is The Perfect Gift (http://www.theperfectgift.cc or 800-950-4559).
Aha! That's the one! I should price out packages of rose petals, the price Disney charges for floral is ridiculous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess View Post
Has anyone come up with gift bags or fe gifts for their guests? I'm look for ideas if anyone has some suggestions.
If you look a couple pages back, several gals were sharing what they were putting in their guests' gift bags. If you check out my PJ (linked in my signature) I have tons of photos of the favors I'm making for my guests! I think I've gone a little overboard but there's plenty of ideas there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningVal View Post
I would like to see more photos of the seashell cake people chose. I found one good link (I forget where I found it) and honestly I wasn't impressed with the design of the cake. It looked like a kid had plastered the lower tier with the white chocolate (?) shells and I only saw 2 of the neat blue sea stars standing up between tiers. I believe Lexis had this cake and wasn't all that impressed with it? I have that upgrade cake on my wish list, but would almost prefer to decorate it myself! (not that it's allowed I'm sure). What does everyone else think?
If I remember correctly, Lexis didn't think the seashell cake was worth the extra money. When they take professional photos of their work for the website, they make sure it's done by the best of the best, but then that result needs to be replicated by others over and over again. It may turn out great, but it all depends on the baker that makes it! I do wish they'd allow for some MINOR adjustments to the cake options. The included ones are just so incredibly plain! I'm getting the "Touch of Character" with the Mickey heads and I'm putting a glass Cinderella castle on top

Question for all DIS brides! Are you planning on bringing anything to decorate your cake table??? I've seen one DIS bride (Ketwinn) who had a Precious Moments Princess Aurora and Prince Philip cake topper and made a bedazzled Sleeping Beauty story book for the table, like in the classic Disney fairy tale movies! ( http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/...=Hickman-3.jpg <--- Story Book http://s1220.photobucket.com/albums/...ickman-61.jpg# <--- Cake Topper. The password for that album is "dcl wedding") I've thought of a few things like rose petals or bunches of origami "lucky stars" but I can't decide what I should do! Any thoughts?
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 07:09 PM   #212
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hi Jillian,

I love reading your posts. Your so active I feel neglectful of my wedding lol. I asked shanda about freeze dried rose petals and was given a no go along time ago. If Meredith gives you a different answer please let me know because I think this would be the best way to go about this. You mentioned possibly getting flowers delivered from the perfect gift. I haven't contacted them yet but also was thinking of contacting them. My only question is where will your flowers be stored till the ceremony and who will be responsible for bringing them to and from the outlook? Again if you get an answer for either of those please do share I'd love to know. When I inquired about custom floral from Disney I was directed to the flowers they have for in room delivery. Not very wedding like in my opinion.

As for personalizing I've got some ideas that I'm planning on. For music I haven't really decided if I'm going to use the piano player or just whip out the iPod. I really wish they would offer the jazz trio as apposed to the piano player alone (just thinking out loud on that one) So music we are picking music that really represents us. I don't think I'll be incorporating disney songs but who knows I may change my mind.
Our vows, I'm not going with the Disney vows we are writing our own vows and I want to do something a kin to a rose ceremony but with another object haven't decided on what that will be yet.
Shanda mentioned that you can add appetizers and a possible cocktail to the onboard ceremony but have yet to speak to the new planner to find out what can and can't be done.
As for decorating I would love to know what kind of feed back you get from Merideth since I never really got a response from Shanda on this. I'm thinking of adding the shells and palm leaves to try to decorate the space and wish they had other options. I'm planning on doing both oot bags and a wedding favor but you are the queen of favors your never going to be able to invite anyone anywhere without them expecting a goody bag. I am hoping they will set up a table for my favors and guest book but honestly wish they would do something about the table cloth I so don't dig the bunched up table cloth its just outdated to me.

Overall I'm with you on the diy stuff to try to make it personal. I'm tinkering with the idea of having my DN as our officient but only because when I asked that the podium be removed I was told that would be at the discretion of the officient.

I'm also trying to bring my own photography since I think that will add to being able to have photos I want. Since I've never been onboard I can't really think of things to do. Any advice you can give is always welcome.

Evi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #213
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi View Post
Hi Jillian,

I love reading your posts. Your so active I feel neglectful of my wedding lol. I asked shanda about freeze dried rose petals and was given a no go along time ago. If Meredith gives you a different answer please let me know because I think this would be the best way to go about this. You mentioned possibly getting flowers delivered from the perfect gift. I haven't contacted them yet but also was thinking of contacting them. My only question is where will your flowers be stored till the ceremony and who will be responsible for bringing them to and from the outlook? Again if you get an answer for either of those please do share I'd love to know. When I inquired about custom floral from Disney I was directed to the flowers they have for in room delivery. Not very wedding like in my opinion.

As for personalizing I've got some ideas that I'm planning on. For music I haven't really decided if I'm going to use the piano player or just whip out the iPod. I really wish they would offer the jazz trio as apposed to the piano player alone (just thinking out loud on that one) So music we are picking music that really represents us. I don't think I'll be incorporating disney songs but who knows I may change my mind.
Our vows, I'm not going with the Disney vows we are writing our own vows and I want to do something a kin to a rose ceremony but with another object haven't decided on what that will be yet.
Shanda mentioned that you can add appetizers and a possible cocktail to the onboard ceremony but have yet to speak to the new planner to find out what can and can't be done.
As for decorating I would love to know what kind of feed back you get from Merideth since I never really got a response from Shanda on this. I'm thinking of adding the shells and palm leaves to try to decorate the space and wish they had other options. I'm planning on doing both oot bags and a wedding favor but you are the queen of favors your never going to be able to invite anyone anywhere without them expecting a goody bag. I am hoping they will set up a table for my favors and guest book but honestly wish they would do something about the table cloth I so don't dig the bunched up table cloth its just outdated to me.

Overall I'm with you on the diy stuff to try to make it personal. I'm tinkering with the idea of having my DN as our officient but only because when I asked that the podium be removed I was told that would be at the discretion of the officient.

I'm also trying to bring my own photography since I think that will add to being able to have photos I want. Since I've never been onboard I can't really think of things to do. Any advice you can give is always welcome.
Evi, when is your wedding date? Believe me, I felt VERY inactive for a LONG time! Many of my friends would ask "How's the wedding planning coming" and I wouldn't have an answer because I wasn't actively doing something! I'm only 50 days until embarkation, so I've got a lot to do in not a lot of time!

I was afraid the answer to the freeze dried floral would be "no" but I was thinking about just bringing them aboard anyways and claim ignorance! But I do want to contact a Perfect Gift and see what I can work out with her for rose petals. I have 45 guests, so I have no problem arranging somebody to bring them along! I think the easiest plan would be to send them to my FBIL since he and his wife be responsible for getting the flower girls to the site (Which won't be Outlook for me Probably D Lounge since my party is so large)

I really suggest that you try bringing a photographer aboard with you! The onboard photographers are the ones that take photos of characters or of people against a backdrop, they're not WEDDING photographers! I got a Pinterest account so I could bookmark every image that spoke to me, and I tried to articulate WHAT I liked about the photo (lighting, pose, etc) that way I can show those to my photographer to try to replicate the photos I like. I know it's a little nerve-wracking not KNOWING the ship! I feel so much more comfortable leading my first-timer photographer around because I've taken a "research" cruise to get a better understanding! I took a ton of pictures, PLEASE take a look! It can give you some ideas or gorgeous places to take photos! ( http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...0DCL%20cruise/ ) I also made sure to add captions to each photo so you know where the picture was taken! Take note of spots you like to share with your photographer!

I know what you mean about the music! A trio would be really cool! Maybe if Disney makes enough money from DCL brides, they'll expand their options to cater to us! (Hey, we can dream for the future brides, right?) If you want a ipod hookup, do it! Pick your dream songs! I know that not everybody is into Disney music... But seeing as I've adored Disney my whole life and my fiance and I met at Disney World and we've both worked for WDW for many many years (We even got engaged at Disneyland!) So my All-Disney playlist really fits us! I'm ecstatic about having a pianist, personally. I think it'll make these supposed "children's" songs sound more elegant!

If you don't like the 'bunched up tablecloth' look, bring it up to your onboard coordinator! They're there to serve you and something as simple as a table cloth seems like it shouldn't be a problem to remedy! Also, add ANY requests into your planning packet!!! I made SO many notes in the margins and Meredith commended me for filling it out so thoroughly! Meredith will go over your packet with you and address everything before she sends it off to the cruise line. The more info they know, the better they can serve you! I told Meredith in my packet that many of my guests are non-drinkers, and she suggested that I also serve iced tea (free of charge) along with the iron horse fairytale cuvee champagne! It can never hurt to ask!

let me know what you're planning on putting in your goody bags AND what you plan to have as your wedding favor! I'm so incredibly curious
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #214
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBeanBunny View Post
Evi, when is your wedding date? Believe me, I felt VERY inactive for a LONG time! Many of my friends would ask "How's the wedding planning coming" and I wouldn't have an answer because I wasn't actively doing something! I'm only 50 days until embarkation, so I've got a lot to do in not a lot of time!

I was afraid the answer to the freeze dried floral would be "no" but I was thinking about just bringing them aboard anyways and claim ignorance! But I do want to contact a Perfect Gift and see what I can work out with her for rose petals. I have 45 guests, so I have no problem arranging somebody to bring them along! I think the easiest plan would be to send them to my FBIL since he and his wife be responsible for getting the flower girls to the site (Which won't be Outlook for me Probably D Lounge since my party is so large)

I really suggest that you try bringing a photographer aboard with you! The onboard photographers are the ones that take photos of characters or of people against a backdrop, they're not WEDDING photographers! I got a Pinterest account so I could bookmark every image that spoke to me, and I tried to articulate WHAT I liked about the photo (lighting, pose, etc) that way I can show those to my photographer to try to replicate the photos I like. I know it's a little nerve-wracking not KNOWING the ship! I feel so much more comfortable leading my first-timer photographer around because I've taken a "research" cruise to get a better understanding! I took a ton of pictures, PLEASE take a look! It can give you some ideas or gorgeous places to take photos! ( http://s1187.photobucket.com/albums/...0DCL%20cruise/ ) I also made sure to add captions to each photo so you know where the picture was taken! Take note of spots you like to share with your photographer!

I know what you mean about the music! A trio would be really cool! Maybe if Disney makes enough money from DCL brides, they'll expand their options to cater to us! (Hey, we can dream for the future brides, right?) If you want a ipod hookup, do it! Pick your dream songs! I know that not everybody is into Disney music... But seeing as I've adored Disney my whole life and my fiance and I met at Disney World and we've both worked for WDW for many many years (We even got engaged at Disneyland!) So my All-Disney playlist really fits us! I'm ecstatic about having a pianist, personally. I think it'll make these supposed "children's" songs sound more elegant!

If you don't like the 'bunched up tablecloth' look, bring it up to your onboard coordinator! They're there to serve you and something as simple as a table cloth seems like it shouldn't be a problem to remedy! Also, add ANY requests into your planning packet!!! I made SO many notes in the margins and Meredith commended me for filling it out so thoroughly! Meredith will go over your packet with you and address everything before she sends it off to the cruise line. The more info they know, the better they can serve you! I told Meredith in my packet that many of my guests are non-drinkers, and she suggested that I also serve iced tea (free of charge) along with the iron horse fairytale cuvee champagne! It can never hurt to ask!

let me know what you're planning on putting in your goody bags AND what you plan to have as your wedding favor! I'm so incredibly curious
Hi Jillian,

My wedding isn't until 12/13 but I'm stressing a little because our cruise is almost sold out and not everyone has reserved a room. I was told our sailing is currently at 91% capacity. I know this can change at anytime but this is stressing me a little (a lot lol) with confirming a photographer and being able to book them a cabin.

I've also been playing with ceremony times in my head I'm trying to get this one squared away. Though I'm making our invites I'll be having an insert printed and I need to order them before September (got a really good deal) but since disney says they won't confirm anything until 45 days out not sure what to do there. I'm also torn on the times I really wanted my ceremony to start at 5pm (sunset is at 5:22) but I've been told its a 4pm or 5:30 start no in-between. I'm wondering if for the sake of my invites I can just put evening of, and then in my oot bags I can add something with the exact time. What do you think?

I love Disney music I guess I'm just not in love with only a piano player but its something to think about. I love the idea of sneaking on your orchids, your secret is safe with me. Heck if you get away with it I may have to mule some orchids myself lol. I'm with you though they need to get there floral together and make more modern choices and have some flex. I am disappointed to read that Lexi felt that the under the sea cake was less then stellar still wish I could find a picture to see what was wrong with it. I was hoping to order that one.

For my oot bags so far I have: Highlighters, pens, tissues, mini purells, disney bandaids, bottle openers & sticky notes. I think I have a bit more, I need to go dig up the box. I packed everything away because I had company over and needed to clean up the dining room. I'm trying to cater my boxes as his, hers and then kids. For the kids I have refillable water bottles, soap and candy still need to add more. I'm really trying to decide on one item. I really want to give the girls lush Jasmine Fairy bath bombs but I think there parents will flip with all the glitter lol.
I don't want to by any perishables or anything that may expire so I'll be doing more shopping closer to the date. I also opted for fold down gable boxes. I originally wanted to do beach bags I have a yudu, but after pricing out the bags, time effort and then since they will be so much bigger I will have to fill them with more stuff. I opted for gables boxes. I'm with you on having someone hand out the oot bags. I was thinking of handing them out either the night before (want to plan a group activity) or morning of (planning a breakfast and then providing transport to port). Its not so much the 2 dollar fee its more the bringing all the oot bags onboard and then not knowing when guests will receive them. Considering its only 3 days it just seems like they will get them at night and I wanted to include a info packet with them. I guess I could hand out info packet in the morning and then have oot bags delivered. Just something else to think about lol.

For my wedding favor I made necklaces with pendants for all my female guests and pandora style charms with pendants for the girls. I've gotten really good feed back on them from a few friends. Though I know its not the norm I feel like I want my favor to be really personal. I'm still deciding on the guys.

I need to start posing on here a little more. I'm a bit reluctant since I know a few of my guest have started reading the Dis and I want to keep some things a surprise =).

Old 07-25-2012, 01:13 PM   #215
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi

Hi Jillian,

My wedding isn't until 12/13 but I'm stressing a little because our cruise is almost sold out and not everyone has reserved a room. I was told our sailing is currently at 91% capacity. I know this can change at anytime but this is stressing me a little (a lot lol) with confirming a photographer and being able to book them a cabin.

I've also been playing with ceremony times in my head I'm trying to get this one squared away. Though I'm making our invites I'll be having an insert printed and I need to order them before September (got a really good deal) but since disney says they won't confirm anything until 45 days out not sure what to do there. I'm also torn on the times I really wanted my ceremony to start at 5pm (sunset is at 5:22) but I've been told its a 4pm or 5:30 start no in-between. I'm wondering if for the sake of my invites I can just put evening of, and then in my oot bags I can add something with the exact time. What do you think?

I love Disney music I guess I'm just not in love with only a piano player but its something to think about. I love the idea of sneaking on your orchids, your secret is safe with me. Heck if you get away with it I may have to mule some orchids myself lol. I'm with you though they need to get there floral together and make more modern choices and have some flex. I am disappointed to read that Lexi felt that the under the sea cake was less then stellar still wish I could find a picture to see what was wrong with it. I was hoping to order that one.

For my oot bags so far I have: Highlighters, pens, tissues, mini purells, disney bandaids, bottle openers & sticky notes. I think I have a bit more, I need to go dig up the box. I packed everything away because I had company over and needed to clean up the dining room. I'm trying to cater my boxes as his, hers and then kids. For the kids I have refillable water bottles, soap and candy still need to add more. I'm really trying to decide on one item. I really want to give the girls lush Jasmine Fairy bath bombs but I think there parents will flip with all the glitter lol.
I don't want to by any perishables or anything that may expire so I'll be doing more shopping closer to the date. I also opted for fold down gable boxes. I originally wanted to do beach bags I have a yudu, but after pricing out the bags, time effort and then since they will be so much bigger I will have to fill them with more stuff. I opted for gables boxes. I'm with you on having someone hand out the oot bags. I was thinking of handing them out either the night before (want to plan a group activity) or morning of (planning a breakfast and then providing transport to port). Its not so much the 2 dollar fee its more the bringing all the oot bags onboard and then not knowing when guests will receive them. Considering its only 3 days it just seems like they will get them at night and I wanted to include a info packet with them. I guess I could hand out info packet in the morning and then have oot bags delivered. Just something else to think about lol.

For my wedding favor I made necklaces with pendants for all my female guests and pandora style charms with pendants for the girls. I've gotten really good feed back on them from a few friends. Though I know its not the norm I feel like I want my favor to be really personal. I'm still deciding on the guys.

I need to start posing on here a little more. I'm a bit reluctant since I know a few of my guest have started reading the Dis and I want to keep some things a surprise =).
Where did you hear the 4 or 5:30 only ceremony start time? I've been really curious about times. I am scheduled for the early dinner so does this mean I will have a 4pm ceremony time? Suddenly I have so many more questions. Thanks for sharing everything you've learned.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM   #216
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where did you hear the 4 or 5:30 only ceremony start time? I've been really curious about times. I am scheduled for the early dinner so does this mean I will have a 4pm ceremony time? Suddenly I have so many more questions. Thanks for sharing everything you've learned.
Previous cruise wedding planner told me that there are 3 slots for onboard wedding at every cruise and those slots fall at 12, 4 & 5:30. But honestly speak to your coordinator because there has been so much fluctuation on times from bride to bride that you may get a different answer.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:44 PM   #217
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi

Previous cruise wedding planner told me that there are 3 slots for onboard wedding at every cruise and those slots fall at 12, 4 & 5:30. But honestly speak to your coordinator because there has been so much fluctuation on times from bride to bride that you may get a different answer.
Now I'm getting nervous about photography bc we were going to use the dcl photographer but now I'm not sure. My cruise is out of Miami on May 2, 2012. Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #218
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclwonderprincess

now i'm getting nervous about photography bc we were going to use the dcl photographer but now i'm not sure. My cruise is out of miami on may 2, 2012. Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:55 PM   #219
Evi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Now I'm getting nervous about photography bc we were going to use the dcl photographer but now I'm not sure. My cruise is out of Miami on May 2, 2012. Does anyone have suggestions/recommendations?
I've contacted a few photographers. I find the price range varies a lot. Considering this I would really look for someone you like and see if you can negotiate a price. I would also make a list of what your hoping for as in hours or events etc so that a photographer knows your expectations and can write you up a decent contract. Then put the price together and see how it works out for you. Honestly there have been brides that have loved Disney photography. I just think you tend to get more responses from people with negative experiences then those with positive and thats not saying anything about the brides I think it just tends to be that way about things. We always have to remember there are tons of brides that don't come on the boards and probably would never even think to have there own photographer. Maybe you can ask your coordinator if there is a way to see some of the work from disney photography for recent onboard weddings. Come to think about it I may make that request myself lol.

Old 07-25-2012, 03:12 PM   #220
dclwonderprincess
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evi

I've contacted a few photographers. I find the price range varies a lot. Considering this I would really look for someone you like and see if you can negotiate a price. I would also make a list of what your hoping for as in hours or events etc so that a photographer knows your expectations and can write you up a decent contract. Then put the price together and see how it works out for you. Honestly there have been brides that have loved Disney photography. I just think you tend to get more responses from people with negative experiences then those with positive and thats not saying anything about the brides I think it just tends to be that way about things. We always have to remember there are tons of brides that don't come on the boards and probably would never even think to have there own photographer. Maybe you can ask your coordinator if there is a way to see some of the work from disney photography for recent onboard weddings. Come to think about it I may make that request myself lol.
That's a great suggestion, thank you.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:17 PM   #221
Fivepin
DIS Veteran

Love reading everyone's stories and planning. It has really gotten me inspired.

My November 18, 2012 cruise did not start out as a vow renewal cruise. It was a cruise I booked july 2011 with another family who had never cruised with DCL before. Other families found out and want to join in with us since "I'm the DCL expert". My mom and brother also added on. Before I knew it I had my family and closest friends cruising with us. I have hinted to my DH before about a DCL vow renewal at 10 yr and 15 yr and nothing. I thought let me just call and see if the date was even available for my sailing. Sure enough it was. So, I went about it kind of backwards, I already had the guests and then booked the vow renewal. Only thing that bums me now, just found out my BFF who was my maid of honor at my wedding will not be able to go now. They won't let her off work.

She's the only one who knows. So, my guests do not know and neither does my husband. Plan on letting the guests know embarkation day with invite and embarkation gift bag. They are already bring clothes for Palo. Just gotta find out what time.

As far as my husband is concerned, I am torn as when to tell him. Our 17th wedding anniversary is Sept 23rd. We were one of the firsts to get married at the wedding pavilion. Do, I tell him then and how? Would just love to see his expression if I didn't tell him until day of.

Any ideas? I already have the boys' outfits including DH's. Bought his shirt while I was on the Hawaii cruise.

Here's a photo of us on our wedding. In Cinderella's carriage-in the day where you had to plan around the parade when she would be using it.

Married at WDW Wedding Pavilion 9/23/95
Cruises: 9/14/2002 1st Disney Cruise West Caribbean; 10/2/2004 Eastern Caribbean; 8/20/2005 14 nite Panama Canal; 9/16/2006 Double Dip with Costa Maya; 5/26/2007 11 nite Mediterranean; 5/1/2008 3 night Wonder Best Friend Cruise; 9/11/2008 3 night Wonder Anniversary Cruise; 10/11/2008 Eastern Caribbean; 11/14/2009 Double Dip;1/21/2010 3 nite Wonder Mini Getaway; 7/6/2010 12 night Northern European Capitals Cruise1/26/2011 Dream MV;7/12/2011 Alaska Cruise;11/17/2011 Dream B2B; 3/31/2012 Fantasy MV; 4/29/2012 15 nite Hawaii Cruise; 7/13/2012 2 night NYC Cruise to Nowhere; 8/10/2012 Double Dip; 9/20/12 3 Nite Anniversary Cruise;11/18/12 3 Nite Vow Renewal Cruise; 1/10/13 3 Nite 1st DVC Member Cruise; 6/23/13 4 nite Dream Cruise; 11/23/13 Thanksgiving on the Fantasy; 1/14/14 3 Nite Magic Cruise in the Royal Suite
Trips to WDW:too many to count
Fivepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #222
PatsMinnie
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivepin
Love reading everyone's stories and planning. It has really gotten me inspired.

My November 18, 2012 cruise did not start out as a vow renewal cruise. It was a cruise I booked july 2011 with another family who had never cruised with DCL before. Other families found out and want to join in with us since "I'm the DCL expert". My mom and brother also added on. Before I knew it I had my family and closest friends cruising with us. I have hinted to my DH before about a DCL vow renewal at 10 yr and 15 yr and nothing. I thought let me just call and see if the date was even available for my sailing. Sure enough it was. So, I went about it kind of backwards, I already had the guests and then booked the vow renewal. Only thing that bums me now, just found out my BFF who was my maid of honor at my wedding will not be able to go now. They won't let her off work.

She's the only one who knows. So, my guests do not know and neither does my husband. Plan on letting the guests know embarkation day with invite and embarkation gift bag. They are already bring clothes for Palo. Just gotta find out what time.

As far as my husband is concerned, I am torn as when to tell him. Our 17th wedding anniversary is Sept 23rd. We were one of the firsts to get married at the wedding pavilion. Do, I tell him then and how? Would just love to see his expression if I didn't tell him until day of.

Any ideas? I already have the boys' outfits including DH's. Bought his shirt while I was on the Hawaii cruise.

Here's a photo of us on our wedding. In Cinderella's carriage-in the day where you had to plan around the parade when she would be using it.
Im totally new to this board, and still years away from being able to do a DCL VR, but one can still dream! I think it's great most everything is coming together for you on your VR!! An idea for revealing this to your DH is maybe on your actual anniversary YOU propose to him! I hope whatever you decide to do you keep us posted!

WDW Trips:
Several times between 1987-2004 (stayed with relatives), Sept 2011-POFQ, Jan 2012-Coronado Springs, Feb 2012-All-Star Movies (ran the Princess Half-Marathon), May 2012-WDW Dolphin, Sept 2012-All-Star Sports (ran the TOT 10 Miler)

DCL Trips:
Sept/Oct 2012 - Dream (Bahamas, 4-nights)

Upcoming trips:
Sept 2013 - DCL Wonder (Alaska, 7 nights)
PatsMinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #223
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

Hi Ladies!
So great to see all the activity on here! I'm way behind, so I'll try to touch base on as many topics as I can. Sorry if this post is somewhat confusing!

Jillian, thanks so much for all the info regarding how to fill out the Planning Guide! You're the best!!! I wrote down all your tips, and will be definitely putting them to use in the next few weeks when I'm filling in mine I also was hoping to do something special for dinner the night of the wedding. I haven't figured out what yet, but I think some detail to distinguish the wedding party from the rest of the guests is nice. I love your idea of orchids! That would be really pretty! If you couldn't bring on the freeze-dried variety, you could always look into paper flowers. There are some amazing paper "florists" on etsy!

Valerie, thanks so much for the compliments on our invitations! We are very happy with them.

Seashell Cake: I was considering this (looks pretty in the photos!), but after I found out from DFTW that no alterations can be made to the cake (I'm planning on bringing my own cake topper) and that Will wasn't too impressed with it, I decided to give it a miss. I think the lack of options for cake designs is pretty disappointing, but I guess that's inherent with having a wedding on a cruise away from bakeries.

Re welcome bags, we are definitely doing them, but I'm much further behind than some of the other brides (e.g. Jillian ). So far, I only have the bag I'm super excited about them though.

We got them through a sale weddingchicks.com was offering (20 bags for $100) . I know it's not the cheapest thing in the world, but they have some really cute designs (including a "love, laughter, & happily ever after" bag) and include personalization. It's a bit difficult to see in that photo, but we were able to choose the colors of the font as well as add our names, the place that we're getting married, and our wedding date. I'm still working out what to put in them, so stay tuned there

Evi, I'm bringing along my own officiant. DF and I have been together forever (7 years), and I really wanted someone who was familiar with us and our relationship to marry us. My uncle is a baptist minister and excited to come along, so we're doing that to personalize the ceremony a bit more. He's a bit more conservative than DF and I though, so in the next month, I'm going to have to broach the subject of us writing our own vows and changing his traditional ceremony around a bit. Ooh, and I like your wedding favor for the females! Cute idea! Have you had any luck finding an external photographer?

Judy, love your photos from your wedding! How amazing to be one of the first couples married at the wedding pavilion! A VR on DCL will be fantastic As for whether to tell your DH, you could either go either way. It would be such a fabulous surprise, but it might be easier to plan/share your planning excitement if you tell him. You could also split the difference, as PatsMinnie suggested, and surprise him on your anniversary. I'm sure he'll be excited either way

Hope everyone is having a good night!!
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 PM   #224
Freckledginger
Mouseketeer

DCL Weddings on The Disney Wedding Podcast

DCL Weddings were featured on this week's Disney Wedding Podcast!!! Carrie (Lurkyloo) and past DCL Bride (as well as vacation planner extraordinaire) Lisa do a fantastic job discussing the specifics of a DCL wedding and offer some good ideas. Definitely worth checking out!!

http://disneyweddingpodcast.com/2012...tion-overview/
Old 07-25-2012, 09:59 PM   #225
Evi
DIS Veteran

Hi Ginger,

I'm still not sure about photography yet. I am waiting to hear from another photographer. I'll definitely keep you guys posted if I'm able to secure someone. If not I will use Disney photography and hope for the best. Definitely not my first choice, but whats a girl to do? I love your oot bags they are really pretty I think you chose well =).

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: