Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 06:08 AM   #2956
nurse.darcy
DIS Veteran

Hershey meet peeps. . .glad you all had a good time. Now, lets get the planning of the October meet into full swing. I am ready to meet up with some friends and have a few snacks at food and wine. . .
8/2007 - ASMu, 5/2008 - Pop, 8/2008 - POR & BWI, 9/2008 - POFQ, 12/2008 - Offsite, 3/2009 POR, 5/2009 - Pop, 7/2009 AKL. 10/2009 AKV and SSR, 1/2010 Grand California Villas, 2/2010 BLT, 5/2010 BWV, 7/2010 Pop
Old 07-24-2012, 11:41 AM   #2957
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachphotog View Post
I'm bummed that I had to miss out, too! Budgeting has not been my friend and it, unfortunately, came down to cost...
tsk tsk tsk.... Sounds like you need to come to Disney in October then to make it up to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Hello all, I feel like I have been MIA, but it's not intentional, I think it's summer. I went to Dallas his weekend and visited Six Flags, wish I could have swung the Hershey meet, but Dallas is closer and my sister lives there. It was fun visiting, I don't think I've been to a park besides Disney in years. DD8 and I agree, Disney is the way to go (but we did love the thrill rides, top coaster was the Texas Giant for us both, followed by Superman. If my kid weren't so skinny the Titan may have been up there in ranking, but the restraints wouldn't hold her in so we bailed - SCARY mommy moment asking to be let off a ride after it was locked).
Stupid summer.

So any ideas or details yet for the October meet?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 10:39 PM   #2958
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Hi I'm Elizabeth from Florida I'm 21 turn 22 in about 3 weeks. This looks like a cool place to hang out :D And I am definitely single lol.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:08 AM   #2959
MICKEY88
if you keep falling off of the planet...
It might be time for a one piece
100% Male Disney nut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydisneygirl90 View Post
Hi I'm Elizabeth from Florida I'm 21 turn 22 in about 3 weeks. This looks like a cool place to hang out :D And I am definitely single lol.
welcome, you have definitely found the coolest place to hang out

Pirate Rule #9: A pirate should always remove his hat in the presence of a bartender.
Pirate Rule #11: No pirate shall ever wear a “fanny pack”.
Pirate Rule # 17: Three-cornered hats, headbands and bandanas are the only acceptable headwear for pirates. Fedoras, bowler derbies, baseball caps, MICKEY EARS, top hats, sombreros, or anything with lace and flowers will be removed from the vessel– head included. A grace period of one minute is allowed for hats looted from a tailory.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:46 AM   #2960
nerdydisneygirl90
Earning My Ears

Oh yeah, I should probably say that I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I'm actally enjoying being single.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:29 AM   #2961
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdydisneygirl90
Oh yeah, I should probably say that I'm not looking for a relationship right now. I'm actally enjoying being single.
Welcome! Pull up a bar stool, grab a drink and join in the conversations! I am the resident bartender and the only married person in the group(so far). They made an exception for their bartender for obvious reasons hahaha.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #2962
DCTooTall

Quote:
to the group! We always love having new people join in the fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MICKEY88 View Post
welcome, you have definitely found the coolest place to hang out
I dunno....

...Ice Station Cool was pretty cool.

Quote:
No problem. There are a few people here in relationships (but still Single), and others who aren't in any hurry to get in a relationship. We are a social club... a fun place to hang out.... a group of friends who enjoy Disney (and sometimes doing Disney together). If a Love connection happens, it happens... but it's definitely not the goal of this group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilinaz View Post
Welcome! Pull up a bar stool, grab a drink and join in the conversations! I am the resident bartender and the only married person in the group(so far). They made an exception for their bartender for obvious reasons hahaha.
Although, our Bartender has been neglecting his duties a bit recently....

Old 07-25-2012, 07:07 PM   #2963
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by taramoz View Post
Hello all, I feel like I have been MIA, but it's not intentional, I think it's summer. I went to Dallas his weekend and visited Six Flags, wish I could have swung the Hershey meet, but Dallas is closer and my sister lives there. It was fun visiting, I don't think I've been to a park besides Disney in years. DD8 and I agree, Disney is the way to go (but we did love the thrill rides, top coaster was the Texas Giant for us both, followed by Superman. If my kid weren't so skinny the Titan may have been up there in ranking, but the restraints wouldn't hold her in so we bailed - SCARY mommy moment asking to be let off a ride after it was locked).
I was thinking about you the other day. I was thinking you were MIA. How is the planning going for October? I think I am flying in on Thursday Pm and leaving Monday Pm. I am getting excited about the October trip. It is so much fun having a grown up trip! How is your summer? Our summer is really fanastic, but I realize it is almost August.

DS and I are spoiled by WDW too, we have a Six flags close, but I always find myself comparing it to WDW.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse.darcy View Post
Hershey meet peeps. . .glad you all had a good time. Now, lets get the planning of the October meet into full swing. I am ready to meet up with some friends and have a few snacks at food and wine. . .
Can't wait to see you in August and in October. We will have a great time!

Quote:

Welcome and think about joining us in October. It will be a blast!

Quote:
You are always welcome! You are part of the original SSC! How is married life? Any word of the FL job?

I am enjoying another great night on my deck. We have had a great summer so far! I am getting ready for August. I have a very busy month. I am really looking forward to our trip to WDW in August. I might be enjoying an adult beverage....

Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM   #2964
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Hey now DC. I've been busting my behind to get my uncles place cleaned up.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse
You are always welcome! You are part of the original SSC! How is married life? Any word of the FL job?

I am enjoying another great night on my deck. We have had a great summer so far! I am getting ready for August. I have a very busy month. I am really looking forward to our trip to WDW in August. I might be enjoying an adult beverage....
Haha Thanks. Other than the fact she's been in Montana since May and won't be back until October fairly well. Haha. Today is the 1 year anniversary of our first date. She decided to call me at 0300 to tell me that. Haha. They made me an offer and are just waiting on the Navy to get back to them as to whether they won the contract or not. I did find out it's a climate controlled facility and is relatively new. Just a waiting game now.

Enjoy! I'm in Chicago and it's been downright brutal! I miss the desert. Lol. This humidity is killing me. I'm definitely not used to it. No might be about it, you better be enjoying one. Lol.

Speaking of enjoying adult beverages... *passes out a round of margarita's* enjoy guys. ;-) oh, and happy hump day!
Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 PM   #2965
DCTooTall

Quote:
Hey now DC. I've been busting my behind to get my uncles place cleaned up.

Welcome to all the newbies!

Haha Thanks. Other than the fact she's been in Montana since May and won't be back until October fairly well. Haha. Today is the 1 year anniversary of our first date. She decided to call me at 0300 to tell me that. Haha. They made me an offer and are just waiting on the Navy to get back to them as to whether they won the contract or not. I did find out it's a climate controlled facility and is relatively new. Just a waiting game now.

Enjoy! I'm in Chicago and it's been downright brutal! I miss the desert. Lol. This humidity is killing me. I'm definitely not used to it. No might be about it, you better be enjoying one. Lol.

Speaking of enjoying adult beverages... *passes out a round of margarita's* enjoy guys. ;-) oh, and happy hump day!
Hmmm... considering you've been busy with other work.... and just gave me a margarita.... I'll let you slide.

And sadly, not as happy a hump day as I would've liked. oh well....
Old 07-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #2966
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

Hmmm... considering you've been busy with other work.... and just gave me a margarita.... I'll let you slide.

And sadly, not as happy a hump day as I would've liked. oh well....
Lol Thanks. :-P

Yeah I hear ya. I haven't been able to get as much done as I wanted to due to the excessive heat and my uncle only having a window ac unit in the bedroom.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:53 PM   #2967
DCTooTall

Quote:

Yeah I hear ya. I haven't been able to get as much done as I wanted to due to the excessive heat and my uncle only having a window ac unit in the bedroom.
Have you considered joining the night owl brigade? If you don't have anything keeping you on a daylight schedule, it might be more effective to sleep in the day (in the room with the AC), and then work at night when it's cooler and the heat isn't as big a drain.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:56 PM   #2968
bluedevilinaz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCTooTall

Have you considered joining the night owl brigade? If you don't have anything keeping you on a daylight schedule, it might be more effective to sleep in the day (in the room with the AC), and then work at night when it's cooler and the heat isn't as big a drain.
Yes I have and the only issue with that is my uncle works days. Ive been getting up at around 0730 and quitting about noon depending on the temperature inside.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:18 AM   #2969
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

Quote:

You know, when the excessive heat gets to me I generally say the bartender isn't quick enough with the cold beverages... So who does the bartender complain to when the excessive heat gets to him?
Old 07-26-2012, 01:20 AM   #2970
KYfriedPanda
Mouseketeer

Oh, and on a completely unrelated note, make my margarita a double please!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: