Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 09:02 PM   #1351
mbrown027
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the information!
mbrown027 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #1352
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillymummer View Post
Can someone post a pic of the current mugs? I will be staying at POFQ w/ FD. I am wondering what the mugs look like now. We haven't been to WDW since OCt 2010. The one I got then (when I stayed at POR is red).
Here's the current cross-resort design with the black and pink lids. There is also a blue lid available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PFW View Post
Does anyone know how many ounces the mugs hold?
The mugs are 16 fluid ounce size.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #1353
ErinsMommy
DIS Veteran

Do they update the cups yearly, or every other year kind of thing?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:04 PM   #1354
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinsMommy View Post
Do they update the cups yearly, or every other year kind of thing?
They have been on an every two years sort of schedule for the last three designs, so if they stick with that, a new design should appear in early 2013.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:45 PM   #1355
PFW
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarwash View Post

The mugs are 16 fluid ounce size.

Thank you !!!

8/29 - WDP

5/89, 8/92, 8/93 , 8/94, 8/96 7/07 Off site
8/12 All Star Music Pre Trip Report
PFW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:14 AM   #1356
pmama
DIS Veteran

Wondering if anyone has ever gotten them to give you the mugs early for split stays. We recently gave up free dining for 11 nights so we could do a split stay at AoA and CSR. The package doesn't start until CSR but we will have 4 days at AoA prior. Wondering if one could use the "length of stay" to request mugs even if switching resorts during stay. Doesn't make much sense to pay $60 for mugs 4 days before receiving them with the package?
pmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #1357
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
Wondering if anyone has ever gotten them to give you the mugs early for split stays. We recently gave up free dining for 11 nights so we could do a split stay at AoA and CSR. The package doesn't start until CSR but we will have 4 days at AoA prior. Wondering if one could use the "length of stay" to request mugs even if switching resorts during stay. Doesn't make much sense to pay $60 for mugs 4 days before receiving them with the package?
I doubt it. It is part of the dining portion of your package. You have to have that resort's room key to pick them up.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:19 AM   #1358
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmama View Post
You aren't paying for refillable mugs for the first part of your stay. So you won't get them unless you purchase them. It would be like saying you will be on the dining plan next year, could you get your mugs this year to use?

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:01 PM   #1359
cjnix29
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrown027 View Post
Hi everyone! Does anybody know where you can go on the boardwalk to refill the disney mug you get with the dining plan? Thanks!
If you buy them at the Boardwalk, keep your receipt. When you refill them at Boardwalk Bakery, they just put it in a paper cup. They don't take your actual mug. So we kept our receipt, and when we were walking back from Epcot, stopped in the bakery, showed them our receipt for the mugs, and they gave us a soda. Worked great, since it meant we didn't have to truck back up to the room to get the mugs.
2005 OKW, first trip with DS
2006 WL
2007 POLYNESIAN 2008 All Star Music
2009 Surprise birthday trip for DS offsite
2009 Holidays at the World , POFQ
2010 New countertops, or Disney?....,we chose the Contemporary, Club Level MK view and the Yacht Club!
Trip Report from the most awesome trip ever! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2565514
2012 BLT
8/25/12 First Cruise on the Fantasy to celebrate over 130 pounds lost!
cjnix29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #1360
kimpossible
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjnix29

If you buy them at the Boardwalk, keep your receipt. When you refill them at Boardwalk Bakery, they just put it in a paper cup. They don't take your actual mug. So we kept our receipt, and when we were walking back from Epcot, stopped in the bakery, showed them our receipt for the mugs, and they gave us a soda. Worked great, since it meant we didn't have to truck back up to the room to get the mugs.
Great tip, thanks. Twenty +trips and still learning something new. Love it.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Old 07-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #1361
mandymelons
mandymelons

4?????

I just looked at my voucher booklet that I got in the mail. Oddly it says that each person in my group gets a refillable mug! Could this be a misprint?? I swear the reservationist said one per family. As far as Im concerned it says one each so I will try to get that.
mandymelons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #1362
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymelons View Post
I just looked at my voucher booklet that I got in the mail. Oddly it says that each person in my group gets a refillable mug! Could this be a misprint?? I swear the reservationist said one per family. As far as Im concerned it says one each so I will try to get that.
No misprint. Each person in your group receives a refillable mug.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:34 AM   #1363
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandymelons View Post
Yeah its definitely one per person. They don't expect you all to share one mug! In my family, that would be asking for a fight!

HLAuburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #1364
disneygrandma
Mickey Fan

How many people keep their receipts for the mugs with them? Are the receipts really necessary to get your refills? Is this the only place that requires the receipts?
disneygrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 10:09 PM   #1365
BebopBaloo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygrandma View Post
How many people keep their receipts for the mugs with them? Are the receipts really necessary to get your refills? Is this the only place that requires the receipts?
You don't need your receipt to get a refill if you have the mug with you. The poster referring to using a receipt was referring to a particular place at the Boardwalk that does not put the drinks into the mug..they give you a paper cup because it is not a self fill station and they cannot take everyone's mugs behind the counter for sanitary reasons. Most of the time people stopping at this one placec can just pour the paper cup contents into their mug, but in the case that they don't want to take the mug to the parks with them, they just have the receipt and use the paper cup.
"Don't spend all your time looking around for something you want that can't be found. When you find out you can live without it and go along not thinking about it, I'll tell you something true. The bear necessities of life will come to you."

Psalm 27:1
BebopBaloo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mug, rfid

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: