Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-08-2012, 09:37 PM   #1816
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I willbe adding my voice to the inconvenience of taking away more DSA's at Pop in October !!! The Non Smokers are very vocal and our only hope is to be just as vocal !! I will sorely miss the one by the main entrance and the one at the Bar Tables !!!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #1817
Jenngoofys
Goofyjenn

I am traveling with my sister who smokes and I would like this vacation to be amazing for her!! It is her first trip to Disney in 22 years!! (might as well be her first). I have gone over the park maps with great care and made note of all the DSA's for her convenience. My question is where are the DSA's at All Star Music? I looked at some maps there and didnt see any. I was wondering if anyone knows where they are? I would really appreciate it

Jenngoofys is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1818
smidgy
dimples

we haven't stayed at Music since July, 2 years ago.

at the time, there was a DSA between the calyopso pool and the food court ( a couple benches, think there were umbrellas over them.) there were a couple benches at the end of the Jazz sectin, near the piano pool. there was a DSA in the country Inn section. it wactually was a picninc table.

even tho it wasn't on the map, both this time and the time before, there was a DSA on a bench in the little "city garden" fenced in area in the broadway section. there was NO DSA in the Rock section, so tell themat check in you wo NOT want to be there.
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 AM   #1819
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Samoa at the Polynesian

Thinking of changing resorts again only if a room discount comes out. Is there any smoking areas around Samoa at the Polynesian ? We were there last year and I dont remember seeing any but the map shows one ?

maryj11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #1820
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997
Still thinking happy little thoughts. . .
The Tag Fairy sees and loves Tess too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryj11 View Post
Thinking of changing resorts again only if a room discount comes out. Is there any smoking areas around Samoa at the Polynesian ? We were there last year and I dont remember seeing any but the map shows one ?
Unless they have moved it, Samoa has a covered area on the second floor stairway area with tables and a smoke can. There is also an area by the quiet pool on the side of the men's restroom. A little farther, but not too far, is a spot on the second floor deck area between Rarotonga and Niue. On that deck is a table, chairs and smoke can. There are (or were) many others throughout the property, both covered and uncovered.
Old 07-12-2012, 01:57 PM   #1821
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tess View Post
Unless they have moved it, Samoa has a covered area on the second floor stairway area with tables and a smoke can. There is also an area by the quiet pool on the side of the men's restroom. A little farther, but not too far, is a spot on the second floor deck area between Rarotonga and Niue. On that deck is a table, chairs and smoke can. There are (or were) many others throughout the property, both covered and uncovered.
Thank you

Old 07-12-2012, 04:56 PM   #1822
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997

Quote:
Thank you
You are more than welcome. FYI, the area at Samoa is the concrete stairway end of the building (south) versus the wooden staircase (north) next to Hawaii.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:40 AM   #1823
DonnaBoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I willbe adding my voice to the inconvenience of taking away more DSA's at Pop in October !!! The Non Smokers are very vocal and our only hope is to be just as vocal !! I will sorely miss the one by the main entrance and the one at the Bar Tables !!!!
What?!!! when did this happen? We really liked these 2 areas, they were so convenient. So, are we only allowed to smoke by the lake?

Disney Trip#1 2006 Disney Wedding Disneymoon Dec2008 Halloween1 Sept2009 Halloween2 Sept2011 Halloween3/Universal Studios Sept2012
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO. what a ride!
DonnaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:43 AM   #1824
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaBoo View Post
What?!!! when did this happen? We really liked these 2 areas, they were so convenient. So, are we only allowed to smoke by the lake?
I don't know as this must be a rcent change, last October the 2 were still available , I wasn't surprised about the one by the entrance as I heard a lot of non smokers complain , but by the bar is really not fair to remove as it was away from the pooland easy to avoid ! I could deal with just that one being allowed, so I will voice my oppinion about it as should all smokers !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:46 AM   #1825
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You are more than welcome. FYI, the area at Samoa is the concrete stairway end of the building (south) versus the wooden staircase (north) next to Hawaii.
Thank You On the map it is showing one in front of Samoa on the valcano pool side ? Is there one there ? I know some of the maps are not up to date.

Old 07-16-2012, 05:27 AM   #1826
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997

Quote:
Thank You On the map it is showing one in front of Samoa on the valcano pool side ? Is there one there ? I know some of the maps are not up to date.
The map is probably an old one and reflects the old DSA near the pool. That is now occupied by the rental cabanas.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:52 PM   #1827
stitch34
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I don't know as this must be a rcent change, last October the 2 were still available , I wasn't surprised about the one by the entrance as I heard a lot of non smokers complain , but by the bar is really not fair to remove as it was away from the pooland easy to avoid ! I could deal with just that one being allowed, so I will voice my oppinion about it as should all smokers !!
we checked into Pop on June 26th and were told it had just happened within that past week.
I wrote more about this.. .guess go to bottom of page prior to this it's at.

Would hope more would join in and voice their opinions... I did!
was #*(@& tohave paid for preferred pool view to havethe bar and smoking right there.... to then not have it at all.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:42 PM   #1828
maryj11
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The map is not showing a DSA in between Rarotonga and Niue ? Are not all of the DSA's not listed ?

Old 07-22-2012, 05:56 PM   #1829
Tess
DIS Vet - 1997

Quote:
The map is not showing a DSA in between Rarotonga and Niue ? Are not all of the DSA's not listed ?
As with all things Disney, things change--hence your map that showed the DSA on the upper level of the volcano pool. That one has been gone since they put in the cabanas. My best suggestion is to stroll the property, especially the places I have pointed out and look for seating and ashtrays. I can say with certainty that the Rarotonga/Niue deck space and the others I referenced were there last fall when we visited last.
Old 07-24-2012, 02:20 AM   #1830
goopysolelady
DIS Veteran

This past March, this one was right outside Capt. Cook's:

And this one was by the exit from the Great Ceremonial House toward the pool. For the life of me I can't figure this one out! There's a constant stream of people coming out those "back doors"! Not complaining...just don't understand the "reasoning"!

DD and I didn't get a chance to explore the grounds any further. We'd checked out of AKV's and stopped for breakfast at the Kona. We lingered to long over our meal and needed to "hit the road" for home. I just HAD to have a brief "Poly fix"!
1978 1st trip-off site; 1981 Howard Johnson/LBV; 1983 Poly; 1985 Poly; 1987 Poly; 1990 Caribbean Beach/Poly; 1993 with HS Band-Holiday Inn Sun Spree/Poly; 1994 HS Band trip to Austria/Germany; 1995 Embassy Suites LBV/Poly; 1996 DD 1st solo trip w/best friend; 1998 HS Band-Quality Inn; 2000-Off site-Vacation Home; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2008 Poly; 2009 Wilderness Lodge; 2010 Boardwalk Villas/Bay Lake Towers; 2012 Animal Kingdom Kidani Villas; 2013 Art of Animation; 2014 Caribbean Beach
goopysolelady is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: