Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 04:05 AM   #496
Firstxmastrip
Earning My Ears

The style you've described is called "Mickey's Delight," which is available at any of the resorts listed at that link. However the only place I've seen it made with Mickey ears on top is the Grand Floridian. You would need to be staying or dining at the Grand Floridian or the Polynesian and place your order through Grand Floridian Private Dining: 407-824-1951. The price is $25-$35.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much!!! Can't wait!!
Old 07-23-2012, 10:55 AM   #497
Belleoftheballl
Mouseketeer

Smile Parents 25th anniversary

Hey guys! I'm so glad I found this site
Anyway! I'm going to disneyworld for my first time in September for my parents 25th anniversary! I booked a specialty cruise to watch the fireworks at magic kingdom leaving from contemporary resort.
So I just call the Cake hotline and they will discuss with me all the flavors and what I want?
Do they deliver it to the boat?
I want to get a special cake but I'm. Not sure what to get! My parents fav ride are pirates and soaring and they're fav characters are the 7 dwarfs and goofy. Not so romantic haha
Any ideas?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-23-2012, 01:07 PM   #498
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belleoftheballl View Post
So I just call the Cake hotline and they will discuss with me all the flavors and what I want?
Do they deliver it to the boat?
Yes and yes!

I think your parents will be happy with any kind of cake featuring their favorite characters, but if you want a romantic cake you might look at the Wedding Cake Photo Thread for inspiration.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM   #499
amw
need a new tag

I wanted to order a specialty cake for my parents' 50th at Chef Mickey's. Just confirming process....

I called the cake line and at first they wanted to just give me the price of a mini-cake. They put me on hold and then came back with a price for a 6-inch (we're 15 people!). I have photos of what I want but they never gave me an e-mail, and they told me to call back only FOUR days before!

Did I make a mistake calling the cake hotline and connecting to the Contemporary through that line. Should I call the Private Dining line instead? I'm calling internationally and don't want to waste my time with the wrong department.

WDW, March 2015 - CSR
WDW, March 2014 - POR
WDW, March 2013 - Swan
WDW, August 2012 - Beach Club Grand Gathering
DLR, August 2011 - Sheraton Anaheim
WDW, March 2011 - Marriott Sabal Palms
WDW, March 2010 - POFQ & Hilton Clearwater
WDW, Feb 2009 - Poly - a Disney pin sucked me in!
WDW, April 2008 - Bonnet Creek Resort
DLR, March 2007 - Hyatt - First trip ever to DL!
WDW, Sept 2005 - Cypress Pointe
WDW, Nov 2003 - HIFS - First trip with my princesses!
WDW, Nov 1998 - Grosvenor
WDW, Aug 1980 - Fort Wilderness
WDW, Aug 1974 - Fort Wilderness - Toddling my way through MK!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #500
weatherboy80
Earning My Ears

Long time reader, but first time posting here. I wanted to thank all of you for very valuable information regarding various cake ideas, including the process for ordering one as well. I surprised my wife last Friday night for our 8th anniversary with a version of the Mickey's Delight Cake after dinner at the California Grill. The cake turned out great and I tried to include a picture, but I guess I need to wait until I get to 10 posts here. Anyways, thanks!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #501
lurkyloo
The Attic was just perfect
OK, apparently I've been living under a rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by amw View Post
I wanted to order a specialty cake for my parents' 50th at Chef Mickey's. Just confirming process....

I called the cake line and at first they wanted to just give me the price of a mini-cake. They put me on hold and then came back with a price for a 6-inch (we're 15 people!). I have photos of what I want but they never gave me an e-mail, and they told me to call back only FOUR days before!

Did I make a mistake calling the cake hotline and connecting to the Contemporary through that line. Should I call the Private Dining line instead? I'm calling internationally and don't want to waste my time with the wrong department.
Well, the Cake Hotline directs you to the Contemporary's cake line, but who knows who's answering that... I've always had the best luck calling Private Dining directly. They know the drill with the emailing of the pastry chef and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboy80 View Post
Long time reader, but first time posting here. I wanted to thank all of you for very valuable information regarding various cake ideas, including the process for ordering one as well. I surprised my wife last Friday night for our 8th anniversary with a version of the Mickey's Delight Cake after dinner at the California Grill. The cake turned out great and I tried to include a picture, but I guess I need to wait until I get to 10 posts here. Anyways, thanks!
Ooh! I'd love to see the cake once you hit your 10 posts!
Old 07-23-2012, 05:10 PM   #502
weatherboy80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurkyloo View Post
Well, the Cake Hotline directs you to the Contemporary's cake line, but who knows who's answering that... I've always had the best luck calling Private Dining directly. They know the drill with the emailing of the pastry chef and everything.

Ooh! I'd love to see the cake once you hit your 10 posts!
Will do - working on that right now (+1)
Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 PM   #503
smkohn
Mouseketeer

I'm very excited I finally have a "reason" to order a specialty cake for our upcoming November vacation! Not that I actually needed a reason, I would've ordered one to surprise my boyfriend just for the heck of it. However, my boyfriend has decided to run his very first half marathon while we are down there, so now it will be a congratulatory cake for his accomplishment! Woohoo!
I'm getting so impatient for November to come. I've changed my mind once again on the theme I think. Now I'm thinking Jungle Cruise themed! It's kind of "our ride." Looking at some of the totally awesome cakes on here, I'm confidant that I'll end up with something great. I'll share pictures...in about 3.5 months
Old 07-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #504
tarheelmjfan
Proud Redhead
Does anyone have any more secrets to add?

Quote:
Will do - working on that right now (+1)

I want to see it too. Now you can reply to my post to have +1 more posts.
(")_(")

Old 07-23-2012, 06:37 PM   #505
weatherboy80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheelmjfan View Post
I want to see it too. Now you can reply to my post to have +1 more posts.
Halfway there now ...
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #506
mommys3
Disney Or Bust

Quote:
Halfway there now ...
Can't wait to see it! I need ideas for our anniversary cake...hoping to put my order in the first week of August

All-Star Music/Movies~8/03**Coronado Springs~10/04**Animal Kingdom Lodge~1/05**Pop Century~3/06**All-Star Sports~10/06**Pop Century~3/07**Wyndham Bonnet Creek~12/08*All-Star Movies/Polynesian~8/12**Port Orleans French Quarter~5/13**Pop Century/Polynesian~7/13**NEXT: Port Orleans Riverside/Grand Floridian~8/14
Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #507
weatherboy80
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommys3 View Post
Can't wait to see it! I need ideas for our anniversary cake...hoping to put my order in the first week of August
Thanks, I can reply to your post now

Last edited by weatherboy80; 07-23-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:40 AM   #508
EmpressBubbles
Proud Duck Smuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugadog99 View Post
Well, interesting conversation with a person at AKL Private Dining. I ordered the zebra cake for our Sanaa meal. I ordered this cake many years ago and my DD loved it. At that time I was able to get a filling of custard and strawberries and they just called it a zebra stripe cake. Today, no options were given, and she kept calling it a zebra dome cake! Hummm......this could be interesting! She was very pleasant, though.
I thought this was a standard cake. I didn't think there were any options. Has anyone had one lately???
Old 07-24-2012, 08:32 PM   #509
weatherboy80
Earning My Ears

Up to 10 now
Old 07-24-2012, 08:44 PM   #510
GoofySon'sMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Up to 10 now
Yay! Looking forward to the picture!
- Mom and Son Going Back -Another 10 days of Deluxe Dining 8/25 - 9/5/2011
Mom and Son Eat the World -11 days of Deluxe Dining ~Mom and Son Eat the World Part 2-With Dad this Time

Offsite 1987, 1988, 1990; Grand Floridian - 1991 (Honeymoon); Port Orleans French Quarter - 1993, 1994; Animal Kingdom Lodge - July 2004 (DS's First Trip); Wilderness Lodge - July 2005; Yacht Club - August 2006; Mom & Son Weekend @ Contemporary Resort - April 2007; Port Orleans Riverside - August 2007; Mom & Son Trip to POP - August 2008; Family trip to POP - December 2009; Disneyland's Paradise Pier Hotel - July 2010; Pop Century - August 2011; AKL/CSR/ASMo - August 2012; Mom & Son Food & Wine Trip to ASMu - November 2012; Mom & Son Trip to Art of Animation - March 2013; Mom & Son Trip to Caribbean Beach - August 2013; Disney Dining Diva Trip at Pop - December 2013
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: