Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 06:25 PM   #646
Sfmarine
Disney is my second home

Well..looks like I'm going back to the Grand for the second time in one year. I just can't get enough and this will be my first time visiting Disney during the holidays so I am really excited about it.

The construction is a bummer but I had to take advantage of the free dining offerings. It's hard to get Le Cellier though. I will be @ the world 11/12-19th.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:26 PM   #647
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

that could be because dates and such change with the renovations... sometimes things get delayed... you might be lucky and not have the pool down yet.

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-22-2012, 07:06 PM   #648
mag73
Mouseketeer

We are going the last week of August and I would love to know if anyone has heard of any qs breakfast items they might have. We usually don't have the time to have a ts breakfast at the Cafe, and I'm little worried about Gasparillas being closed.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #649
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink rules View Post
that could be because dates and such change with the renovations... sometimes things get delayed... you might be lucky and not have the pool down yet.

I hope so!! Either way I am just happy to be staying at the Grand Floridian!!
Old 07-22-2012, 08:24 PM   #650
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

Welcome to all the new posters!

For those wondering about the refillable mugs - I haven't read this, but assume they will be able to be filled at the beach pool bar, and possibly Mizner's.

No word on specific quick service items - no menus being given out that I am aware of.

Tink rules - I assumed the zero entry would be in the shallow end, nearest SL and Conch. I hope they don't fill in the deep end, but it's possible - didn't they fill in the deep end of the quiet pool at the Poly?
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
Old 07-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #651
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Thank you for all your hard work!! This thread has been amazing at helping me plan and prepare for our upcoming trip!

Old 07-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #652
tartemis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I am 40 days out and no letter... Is everyone receiving the letter booked directly with Disney?
I booked directly with Disney, am staying CL, and received no letter. I think Disney is using the "Monkeys throwing darts at a dartboard" approach to who gets a letter.

Last edited by tartemis; 07-22-2012 at 11:09 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #653
tartemis
DIS Veteran

Quick question re SugarLoaf. My family always likes to stay in 1 of 2 rooms and I would like to request the particular room numbers for upcoming October trip, but I always forget to write them down after we leave. We have been lucky in that we have always received 1 of these 2 rooms for our last three visits, but I would feel better about our chances if I could specifically ask for the rooms.

In any event, they are on the 1st floor, Marina view, and the last rooms on either side of the lobby near the food. So if you are standing at the concierge desk looking to the buffet area, they are on your left behind half walls and before you go down the main hallways. Horrible description, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. Anybody know these room numbers?

Thanks!
Old 07-22-2012, 11:29 PM   #654
davale4
Love love watching my kids have fun

Our family is a "Grand Floridian RPC junkie family" ...that said...last year on an impulse we decided to book a cruise on the Fantasy for this years vacation. We have been having second thoughts about our decision . "We should have gone to the GF like we do every year" is what we keep saying. When I learned about the construction, I tried to convince my husband and myself that we made a the right choice...right??? Oh, who am I trying to kid? We miss the GF so much this year that we are already making plans for next year Can't wait to be there again!

DH DW DD DS
Old 07-23-2012, 12:12 AM   #655
Tink rules
The kids in my family sometimes think I walk on water... the rest of the time they know I'm their nutty AUNT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k&a&c'smom View Post

Tink rules - I assumed the zero entry would be in the shallow end, nearest SL and Conch. I hope they don't fill in the deep end, but it's possible - didn't they fill in the deep end of the quiet pool at the Poly?
I got my ends incorrect... I thought it was the other way around... sorry...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tartemis View Post
Quick question re SugarLoaf. My family always likes to stay in 1 of 2 rooms and I would like to request the particular room numbers for upcoming October trip, but I always forget to write them down after we leave. We have been lucky in that we have always received 1 of these 2 rooms for our last three visits, but I would feel better about our chances if I could specifically ask for the rooms.

In any event, they are on the 1st floor, Marina view, and the last rooms on either side of the lobby near the food. So if you are standing at the concierge desk looking to the buffet area, they are on your left behind half walls and before you go down the main hallways. Horrible description, but hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about. Anybody know these room numbers?

Thanks!
You can request the rooms.. they can't guarantee them, but I've had some luck in the past. I'd give it a try, but it's better if you give them a general idea.. like building and view.. I always like Conch Key with a Marina view... but I've been on different floors...

MichelleAll it takes is faith, trust and a little bit of PIXIE DUST!!! Dream of Small worlds and large Mice!Ohana means family, family means nobody gets left behind. Or forgotten. This is my family. I found it, all on my own. Is little, and broken, but still good. Yeah, still good.
Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says "Oh Crap, she's up!"
1972 - 1986.... Various times while visiting Gram and Gramps!!! 1986 - Off Site Sheraton 192...With Beverly 1987 - Same but this time with Mom 1994 - Poly with Em 1996 - Disney Institute & Poly & Grand Floridian w/Mom 2000 - Grand Floridian w/M 2005 - AS Music & Grand Floridian w/Mom The GRAND Tour!!! Panama Canal WB Repo Cruise 5/2008
Old 07-23-2012, 12:31 PM   #656
janeg0812
Janie G.

Question about luggage storage...

Just curious if anyone knows if the luggage storage areas at the Grand are air conditoned? I'm pretty sure the are, but on our last day, we plan on checking out in the morning and have them hold our luggage while we visit Magic Kingdom. We're sure to have some candy and treats to take home and I really don't want them to melt. It would set my mind at ease if anyone out there knows.

Thanks,
Jane
Old 07-23-2012, 12:33 PM   #657
jenneth79
DIS Veteran

They are not usually, but if you ask Bell Services to put something in a large fridge, they can do that for you. That's how we kept our celebration cake good until our car picked us up for our return flight!
Old 07-23-2012, 08:04 PM   #658
bethclayton
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by janeg0812 View Post
Just curious if anyone knows if the luggage storage areas at the Grand are air conditoned? I'm pretty sure the are, but on our last day, we plan on checking out in the morning and have them hold our luggage while we visit Magic Kingdom. We're sure to have some candy and treats to take home and I really don't want them to melt. It would set my mind at ease if anyone out there knows.

Thanks,
Jane
i have been inside of it and it does not seem to be air conditioned- it's not even what i would completely consider totally indoors. at least one side is pretty open. i mean, it is completely sheltered from rain, but more of an outbuilding. i can't speak to the temperature as when i was in there it was probably 70-75 degrees outside so it was "room temperature" in there. i would ask them to refrigerate the items if you are really worried.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:29 AM   #659
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sfmarine View Post
Well..looks like I'm going back to the Grand for the second time in one year. I just can't get enough and this will be my first time visiting Disney during the holidays so I am really excited about it.

The construction is a bummer but I had to take advantage of the free dining offerings. It's hard to get Le Cellier though. I will be @ the world 11/12-19th.
Congrats!!!!!!! The GF during the holidays is amazing I hear!!!!

JungleCruiser*Sarah,forever in my heart*
Old 07-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #660
toodycat
DIS Veteran

We received our letter today.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
Closed Thread