Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 12:12 PM   #256
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwgirl03 View Post
Ohhh I love the giraffes so much! When Dad and I stayed at Kidani Village a couple years ago there was one afternoon I remember going outside to one of the viewing areas and there was a bunch of giraffes out there. I don't know how long I stayed out there watching them-so pretty! It really is amazing how close they are.
I think AKL is the best place to gain an appreciation for giraffes! I wish we had more time to spend there and just watch them!

Weak Sauce Points

Round 12: Cropped

Where was this picture taken? Remember, only guess per person, and no editing posts! Good luck!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #257
livsmom04
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

I think AKL is the best place to gain an appreciation for giraffes! I wish we had more time to spend there and just watch them!

Weak Sauce Points

Round 12: Cropped

Where was this picture taken? Remember, only guess per person, and no editing posts! Good luck!
My guess is Minnie's House. But not sure if that's right since Minnie's house probably wasn't open when you went on your honeymoon.

7/96-Offsite, 5/98-Offsite, 5/10-ASM, 7/11-POP, 4/12 -POP, 8/12-Coronado Springs, 6/13-Coronado Springs, 6/13 AKV, 9/14 POP
Trip Reports:
Seriously, Disney Again? A F&W Festival & MNSSHP PTR! *Updated MNNSHP Costumes & Friends Going 8/11*
Me? A Princess? Shut Up!! My 1st PHM PTR!
Completed TR-A Family Trip Full of Surprises: 2 Updates! Complete!!

livsmom04 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 01:20 PM   #258
Eight
Mouseketeer

Your pictures of AKL are seriously making me wish I was there right now! Oh, to have a view of giraffes from my room, instead of my basic, boring neighborhood.

I love the picture of you two in the mirror, because I tend to do that in hotels, and so I love it when other people do too.

The hallways at Kidani are ridiculous. I love the place, but my mom and I stayed there once, and we were in about the middle of the hallway, and I don't know for certain how long it took us to get to the main lobby, but it seemed liked forever, especially at the end of the day. One time my mom decided to walk to the end and back from our room, and I'm pretty sure it took her at least ten minutes.

I'm looking forward to hear what you think of Sanaa. I've never eaten there, and it's one of those ones I'm always debating if I should try.
Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:30 PM   #259
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Since I don't really know for sure where this picture was taken, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's in the queue of the toontown fair. Pretty sure it's somewhere in Fantasyland... but that would have been under constructions while you were there... so I really don't know.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #260
kschafer
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachelNinja View Post

Not really sure at all but I'm going to guess the great piggybank adventure in Innoventions

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:20 PM   #261
mermaid764
DIS Veteran

I'm not sure again where this one is from but i'm going to go with the que line at Toy Story Mania

mermaid764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #262
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

I don't know if someone else has mentioned it but since you were talking about staying on property again (which I just love! make the whole trip for us!) I wanted to make sure that you knew that the Swan and Dolphin have a special teacher rate that is often the in the same range as a value (sometimes even less!) We have stayed there many times and we love it! You can walk to Epcot and the Studies and the Boardwalk area is lovely. Epcot is my favorite so the easy access is a HUGE bonus for us. You cannot use ME or DDP but neither is a big draw for us... just wanted to make sure you were aware :-) Now I am off to read your update!
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM   #263
jane2073
DIS Veteran

I am guessing one of the rooms in Figments house.
jane2073 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #264
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

My best guess would be TSMM queue, but I know it's not right. Those colors are more primary. That's a good one!

Love all the pics from AKL!
shan23877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:07 AM   #265
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I love AKL, I think Jambo House is SO beautiful! I've never visited Kidani, but I'd like to someday! I'm just not brave enough for Sanaa, I can't wait to hear your review of it! (Haha, and that's why I never do a dining report, I can't think of any other way to describe what I'm eating other than "soooo good" and "yummy!" Once in a while, if something is really good I'll be super creative and say "amazing!")

Did you cut your hair yet? I saw that you were debating the bangs/no bangs decision on FB! Every time I cut bangs, I regret it, because I hate having my hair in my face, but then when they grow out, I hate how I look without them!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Nermel9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:20 PM   #266
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Blurt

So, my husband was watching Castaway last night... which is obviously not a Disney movie.. BUT... He looked up on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) to see what Tom Hanks was working on...
in the list was a movie called "Saving Mr. Banks"- which is apparently about how Mary Poppins was made... and Tom Hanks PLAYS WALT DISNEY... which is in pre-production and as far as I know doesn't have a release date yet.
ALSO-- He is listed as "in production" with TOY STORY 4! Which is just in the "announced" phase... not even in pre-production yet.
Just thought I'd share if you guys hadn't heard.

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:35 PM   #267
729tink
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We walked out of the front entrance and walked straight ahead to the set of stairs that led to the Magical Express waiting area. We continued walking forward to meet the trail that would lead us to Kidani Village. In this picture, I think I was commenting that it smelled like bacon! Haha, as if someone let out a bacon toot!
You are too funny! That would be awesome though
I want to hear what you thought of Sanaa. I'm always afraid to eat at AKL because I'm worried I won't find anything I like. I'm trying to grow my hair out too right now because I have a few weddings to attend/be in and I can never do anything pretty with my hair when its short. We just came back from a quick trip two weeks ago and I definitely wish I had cut it beforehand! Now that we're back I'll wait it out - but I know how you felt!

30 trips under my belt and always planning the next!
Me 30
DH 29
DS 1
729tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:38 AM   #268
RachelNinja
Sometimes I'd rather live in VMK than in real life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsmom04 View Post
My guess is Minnie's House. But not sure if that's right since Minnie's house probably wasn't open when you went on your honeymoon.
Nope, but good guess! It does have the same design as the Toontown houses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eight View Post
Your pictures of AKL are seriously making me wish I was there right now! Oh, to have a view of giraffes from my room, instead of my basic, boring neighborhood.

I love the picture of you two in the mirror, because I tend to do that in hotels, and so I love it when other people do too.

The hallways at Kidani are ridiculous. I love the place, but my mom and I stayed there once, and we were in about the middle of the hallway, and I don't know for certain how long it took us to get to the main lobby, but it seemed liked forever, especially at the end of the day. One time my mom decided to walk to the end and back from our room, and I'm pretty sure it took her at least ten minutes.

I'm looking forward to hear what you think of Sanaa. I've never eaten there, and it's one of those ones I'm always debating if I should try.
I look outside my apartment window and I see the trees that blow in the allergens that make me sneeze so often along with the highway. Oh for all those cars to be giraffes! So cool!

Who doesn't love a good mirror pic? I like 'em because you can see Howard in 'em too!

Oh man, I can't imagine having to walk that long! That's one reason why I didn't want to deal with Kidani. I figured if we DID stay there that I'd have to let them know of one of my many medical conditions making it difficult to be on my feet for very long periods of time. I wouldn't be able to last at all!

Sanaa is definitely a restaurant to try if you want something different than the "regular" food that Disney offers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
Since I don't really know for sure where this picture was taken, I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say it's in the queue of the toontown fair. Pretty sure it's somewhere in Fantasyland... but that would have been under constructions while you were there... so I really don't know.
No, not Toontown Fair, but it's a good guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kschafer View Post
Not really sure at all but I'm going to guess the great piggybank adventure in Innoventions
YOU ARE CORRECT! You have earned another weak sauce point!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764 View Post
I'm not sure again where this one is from but i'm going to go with the que line at Toy Story Mania
Not that attraction but good guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCJMC View Post
I don't know if someone else has mentioned it but since you were talking about staying on property again (which I just love! make the whole trip for us!) I wanted to make sure that you knew that the Swan and Dolphin have a special teacher rate that is often the in the same range as a value (sometimes even less!) We have stayed there many times and we love it! You can walk to Epcot and the Studies and the Boardwalk area is lovely. Epcot is my favorite so the easy access is a HUGE bonus for us. You cannot use ME or DDP but neither is a big draw for us... just wanted to make sure you were aware :-) Now I am off to read your update!
Oh wow, I didn't know that they had a special teacher rate! Thanks for letting me know! We wouldn't use the dining plan either, so that wouldn't be an issue at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jane2073 View Post
I am guessing one of the rooms in Figments house.
Not Figment's house, but that's a good guess!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
My best guess would be TSMM queue, but I know it's not right. Those colors are more primary. That's a good one!

Love all the pics from AKL!
Good guess, but it's not TSMM!

Isn't is such a lovely looking resort?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I love AKL, I think Jambo House is SO beautiful! I've never visited Kidani, but I'd like to someday! I'm just not brave enough for Sanaa, I can't wait to hear your review of it! (Haha, and that's why I never do a dining report, I can't think of any other way to describe what I'm eating other than "soooo good" and "yummy!" Once in a while, if something is really good I'll be super creative and say "amazing!")

Did you cut your hair yet? I saw that you were debating the bangs/no bangs decision on FB! Every time I cut bangs, I regret it, because I hate having my hair in my face, but then when they grow out, I hate how I look without them!
Haha, seriously! You'd think it'd be easier to do a dining report, but it really isn't! I love the ones who just know how to describe the food in more than just those few words. Hopefully, I can describe some dishes in a way that'll do them justice!

YES, I did cut my hair! I know you saw it on Facebook at this point. Haha, as you can see, I didn't go with the bangs! They would really annoy me because I'd feel something on my forehead and think there was a bug on me or something. I just don't like it when my hair is pulled back and my forehead seems big!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
So, my husband was watching Castaway last night... which is obviously not a Disney movie.. BUT... He looked up on IMDB (Internet Movie Database) to see what Tom Hanks was working on...
in the list was a movie called "Saving Mr. Banks"- which is apparently about how Mary Poppins was made... and Tom Hanks PLAYS WALT DISNEY... which is in pre-production and as far as I know doesn't have a release date yet.
ALSO-- He is listed as "in production" with TOY STORY 4! Which is just in the "announced" phase... not even in pre-production yet.
Just thought I'd share if you guys hadn't heard.
Oh wow! That's such interesting info! I'm curious to know how Tom Hanks would play Walt Disney. Thanks for sharing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 729tink View Post
You are too funny! That would be awesome though
I want to hear what you thought of Sanaa. I'm always afraid to eat at AKL because I'm worried I won't find anything I like. I'm trying to grow my hair out too right now because I have a few weddings to attend/be in and I can never do anything pretty with my hair when its short. We just came back from a quick trip two weeks ago and I definitely wish I had cut it beforehand! Now that we're back I'll wait it out - but I know how you felt!
Oh, it's definitely worth it! I think it was one of the most delicious meals I've ever had in my life! I know that the things aren't necessarily the typical flavors, but there are items that aren't as "exotic." I think it's definitely worth a try!

My hair gets SO fluffy when it's short. It just poufs like nobody's business! It doesn't seem at all fitting for events like weddings, haha. Poufy and frizzy is the name of the game!

Weak Sauce Points Scoreboard

Round 12 for Cropped was guessed correctly - yay to kschafer! The picture was from the Great Piggy Bank Adventure. If you've never stopped to play this game in Innoventions, you really should! If anything, you'll get to hold the super cute piggy bank! We didn't play during our honeymoon, but we played in April when we went with my family (isn't it such a comfort to know that even after this honeymoon TR is over, I still have my April 2012 trip to write about ... haha).

kschafer - 3
wdwgirl03 - 2
NeverlandClub23 - 2
shan23877 - 2
Self_resqing_princz - 1
therussells08 - 1
Curiouser&curiouser! - 1
jane2073 - 1
Happy Duck - 1

And just for a quick real life update, I got my haircut on Saturday! I had 14 inches of hair cut off so that I could donate it for the 4th time in my life. I cut it every two years, so I really have to adjust to the huge change every single time I do it! In the photo on the right, the hairdresser blew my hair out and used the brushed to straighten it. When I dry it myself, it's rather poufy and fluffy! I left it down on Sunday, and I think now I'm ready to just keep it up in a ponytail until it starts to grow out more, haha. Thankfully, my hair grows rather quickly. Plus, I'd much rather feel like I have funky hair than no hair at all, so for that, I'm grateful!

Long? Short? Which is a better look? The long one is definitely not the kind of hair you want to have for a May Disneymoon!

Weird and Ninja Shout Out to You (Jan '15 TR in progress) // Mr. and Mrs. Weak Sauce Go the Distance (May '12 Disneymoon TR) // Delicious Indeed! (Feb '11 TR) // Saving Dole Whip Float Money (Feb '11 PTR) // Weird and Ninja’s Pre-Disneymoon (April '10 TR) // It's Better Than Stuffed Mezzaluna with Sausage! (April '10 PTR) // A DISer's Trip of Firsts! (Feb '08 TR) // The Flat Adventures of Weird and Ninja! (Living the Life Outside of VMK)

BLOG / INSTAGRAM / TWITTER - Msg me here if you want to follow
RachelNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 06:06 AM   #269
JLCJMC
Mouseketeer

While the face you are making in both pictures is quite something... :-D I have to say that I am a fan of the shorter hair -- looks nice! And Bravo for the donation --
Old 07-24-2012, 09:13 AM   #270
kschafer
DIS Veteran

I like it short!! Although I understand the strageness of that sudden change, I have chopped my hair a couple times and immediately have regretted it although I came to love it (but not nearly as much as yours, my hair just doesn't get that long, good for you for doing something good with it!!) If it's as hot there as it is in Iowa, I'm sure you are much cooler!

And I just have to for another point!!

June 2008, WDW with the entire family, May 2010, Girls only...woohoo!
June 2011, Two week blowout, December 2013, Christmas with the Mouse
kschafer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: