Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
WebmasterLeah

DISboards Moderator

My hubby had a CRAZY Disney Dream last night!

His dream was so weird that I just had to share! He teaches about customer service, so it's funny to hear that he even sticks up for it in his dreams! Keep reading...

We were on a Disney Cruise Ship and I was ordering a drink at a snack counter. When they handed me my order, my drink splashed all over my face. I asked the man behind the counter if I could have a napkin. He said yes, and gave it to me. I cleaned my face and set the napkin down. Then he told me that the napkin would cost 15 cents. He was very rude and kept insisting that I pay him 15 cents. I asked to talk to a manager. The manager came over and asked what happened, and while I told her that the man was trying to make me pay 15 cents for a napkin, she started laughing at me. I was upset that she was laughing at me, so I asked if there was someone else I could talk to.

Another supervisor comes in and sits me down in a little room, asking me what happened. I explained and she said OK. Then she pulled out a huge binder and asked if we recently stayed at Art of Animation. I said that yes, we did. She opened the book and I could see a picture of the concept art for the Nemo area at Art of Animation. She said, "Ok, here's what we're willing to offer." I got excited, thinking maybe she was going to offer me a free stay. She said, "Now, this is too expensive, so we can't offer you any free nights, but we're more than happy to give you three boxes of Disney printer paper." She pointed at the concept art and in it, I could see the 3 boxes sitting on the ground in the drawing.

I said, "What?" She said, "But it's really good quality paper!" I said, "Well, it's not that I don't trust the brand, but I just don't think that paper is worth anything. Cast members were laughing at me!"

I got out my phone and looked on Amazon and saw that the paper would only cost me $40. Another cast member came over and asked the manager what she was doing. The manager whispered, "I'm offering him paper, but it only costs us $10. Haha!"

I got upset that it only cost $10 and then I woke up.

WebmasterLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #2
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Okay Leah, no more Fruit Loops for you guys before bedtime.

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:36 PM   #3
WebmasterLeah

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by *NikkiBell* View Post
Okay Leah, no more Fruit Loops for you guys before bedtime.
We actually had a Rolo McFlurry from McDonald's really late. I even told him that if I had a crazy dream it was his fault. Instead, he had the crazy dream!

WebmasterLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #4
*NikkiBell*
The WDW Merchandise Walking Bible

DISboards Moderator

Ha! Payback!

disboards.com/blog.wdwinfo.com
Follow Me on Twitter

2011 - GC, Swan 2010 - AKLV
2009 - AKLV, DxDP/OKW, DDP 2008 - SSR, PFTS, MNSSHP/AKLV, 1st DVC Trip, DxDP 2007 - PC, MNSSHP 2006-7 - POFQ, Premium DP 2006 - PC 2005 - POFQ, Premium DP 2004 - PC, Silver Plan 1998 - ASMu 1997-94 - Off-Site
*NikkiBell* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
disneydad78
DDC #106
More important its about having some FUN!
We just LOVE its a small world!!;)

DISDADS member #106
(DD 16)(DS 12)(DS 8)(DW 32)(ME 35)
OffSite ('92) OffSite ('05) BonnetCreek ('07) BonnetCreek ('08) POR ('09) POR ('10) POR MVMCP ('11) POR MVMCP ('12) upcoming POR MNSSHP ('13)
disneydad78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:32 PM   #6
BriarRosie
Creator of Tag Fairy Haiku:
Clap your hands loudly
Bounce until your rear is sore
Tags shall be granted
Official DIS TF Haiku author!

That is hilarious! I had a dream once back when I was playing VMK. One of the in-game items that was rare to get was a pink tiki idol. I had a dream that McDonald's was giving them away with purchases, and I was really excited to get the pink tiki.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:35 PM   #7
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Funny! I like that the printer paper was in the picture of the room...

I have the more "typical" Disney dreams- based on anxiety. Like I can't get my family to get out of the room and to the parks all week, or we can't find our tickets/ can't get on any busses. Very frustrating to an OCD planner!!

Occasionally I have dreams where we are at WDW but it looks NOTHING like the real WDW. It is more like a big mall, and my family just wants to shop, not go on rides. There are also huge 7 foot high letters spelling out "WALT DISNEY WORLD" in the middle of the walkways, and we have to try to get around them on our way anywhere.
MomofKatie is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: