Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #91
Dawncala
Collector of magical memories and pixie dust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
great TR, enjoying Perry in the pics!
Thanks!

I think we were separated at birth. I'm originally from Michigan and I also love Disney, Dogs and Chocolate!
Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #92
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurse2011 View Post
I read pages 1-6 today & your whole pretrip thread today! What else can I say, but I am hooked! I subscribed DH and I are 28 & 31 ( he will be celebrating his 32nd B-day on the Fantasy in January). I am getting so excited. We are actually leaving 6 months from today! The Fantasy looks like it will be a blast even for us, a couple without kids! Really enjoying your detailed trip report and lovely pictures.
Thank you! I hope your 6 months fly by. You will have a great time. I'll keep an eye out for your trip report.
Register to remove

Old 07-20-2012, 04:24 PM   #93
Dawncala

Breakfast With Perry

I was starting to get hungry so Perry and I went upstairs to Cabanas where we took a few photos in the nearly empty restaurant before getting breakfast.

The schedule is posted outside Cabanas as you're entering on deck 11.

The doors had automatic sensors which was great when you were carrying a tray of food, but sometime only the door on the right opened so people coming from the other direction would almost walk right into you.

One of the huge wall murals with a Finding Nemo theme.

Some close ups of the mural.

We easily found a seat on the back deck and leisurely watched the sun rising behind us while we ate.

The morning sun streaming into the empty restaurant. You can also see how empty the back deck seating is too.

Um Perry, that is my breakfast.

The sun rising behind us promises a clear day.
Old 07-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #94
jessrose18
ADVENTURE IS OUT THERE!!

great report, waiting for more thanks for taking the time to write it!

jessrose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 12:15 PM   #95
olympia
Earning My Ears

Awesome!. A marvellous review....
olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #96
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawncala View Post
Thanks!

I think we were separated at birth. I'm originally from Michigan and I also love Disney, Dogs and Chocolate!
Yes, I believe we were separated at birth! June 29, 1972, I just turned 40, hence the fall October Fantasy Cruise (I am spreading out the celebration for the entire year!) I am seriously convinced we are twins because I totally get your humor - I am DYING of laughter at the pictures of Perry, . I am buying a Perry for our cruise so I can do this, hope you don't mind me copying, I just can't tell you how hilarious these pictures are!
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 08:57 AM   #97
nursemomof2
Earning My Ears

Great trip report! I love Perry
nursemomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #98
Dawncala

Who Welcomes You Home?

I went back to the room to tell DH that I was going to go to the DVC Member Celebration session in The Tube at 9:00 and asked if he wanted to join me. He grunted and rolled over. I took that as a no. DS didnt even stir. DD, however, said shed join me if we could get her some breakfast first, so back to Cabanas we went. She grabbed a plate of food and we booked it down seven flights of stairs to The Tube.

The DVC reps were checking members in at a table out front. They gave us DVC member baseball hats (even giving us enough for DH, DS and Perry) and a cool binder which was lined in turquoise and Mickey heads which DD promptly claimed as her reward for coming with me.

We were there just early enough to snag what I considered to be the most awesome seats in the club. And this club has many awesome seats. (See my post on The Tube)

DD eating her breakfast at the DVC Member gathering.

My favorite chair in The Tube. So comfy and it swivels. FYI: There are only two of them on the right hand side of the room.

Even Perry scored a DVC hat. He can wear this when he's not wearing his fedora.

If you have not been to a DVC (Disney Vacation Club) gathering it goes something like this. (with variations of course) First a tag team of DVC cast member/sales agents introduces themselves and tells you how they got into marketing DVC memberships and how awesome their job is. Then there is usually a video to show you the latest and greatest DVC properties. Next they chat with the audience to find out to which property/properties we are members, our joining year, etc. Our family is a member of Saratoga Springs at WDW since 2007. (but I wish we'd joined earlier)

Next its game time. The main purpose of the game is to teach you about the DVC, but in an interactive, hopefully more fun, less lectury way. And there are prizes. Today we'd be playing a group participation game. The reps broke the room into 5 sections and each section chose a leader. A dad from our group volunteered. (or maybe he was volunteered by his wife) The teams were named by the reps. We were Team Mickey. Then each group participated in several challenges. One challenge involved listing all the DVC resorts in the order they opened. Another task was using the DVC booklet to find out how many point were needed for a certain resort at a certain time of the year. Each task earned the teams points. At the end there was a tie among a few groups so we had a tiebreaker. Each team, using only items we had with us, had to dress up the leader as if he/she were at Aulani in Hawaii, and we had only a couple of minutes to do it. To our surprise Team Mickey won. We all got DVC drawstring backpacks. (Mine, mine! Hands off DD!)

Now that are all amped up from the games the sales team fills us in about what kind of discounts and bonuses we can get when purchasing additional DVC points while on board. The best deals and bonuses are usually offered during the 1st few cruise days. The last thing that happens is a raffle for some cruise credit. It is incentive for staying until the end of the presentation because if you don't stay, you can't win, and it's like $250 to $300. (I don't remember the exact amount because I didn't win )

If you are not already a DVC member there are other DVC presentation opportunities throughout the cruise. For the record, I have never had any hard sell techniques used on me by a DVC sales rep, and I've received a straight answer to any question I've asked. It is a pretty fun presentation to attend if you want to learn more about the program and get free stuff. (and of course there's the lucky so and so who wins the cruise credit)

PS: If you do decide to join DVC, I'd be OK with it if you put me down as your reference.

Last edited by Dawncala; 09-10-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Dawncala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:01 PM   #99
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursemomof2 View Post
Great trip report! I love Perry
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:04 PM   #100
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyDoc5 View Post
I am buying a Perry for our cruise so I can do this, hope you don't mind me copying, I just can't tell you how hilarious these pictures are!
Absolutely not! Perry makes all our vacations just a little more memorable, even though he doesn't do much. Just don't be worried if you go looking for him and he's not there. He'll turn up eventually.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:07 PM   #101
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrose18 View Post
great report, waiting for more thanks for taking the time to write it!
Thank you, and thanks for reading it! I can't believe I'm still only writing about day 2. The cruise itself flew by, but it does seem our days were action packed and I'm remembering more details than I thought I would.
Old 07-22-2012, 03:08 PM   #102
Dawncala

Quote:
Originally Posted by olympia View Post
Awesome!. A marvellous review....
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2012, 03:28 PM   #103
Dawncala

Ah…The Spa!

The main entrance is located on Deck 11 Forward

The DVC presentation ended and it was time for DH and me to go to Senses Spa for our scheduled treatments. DH was getting an Express Shave for formal night, but then he also decided on the spot to get a haircut since they had availability. I was getting a treatment called Ionithermie. I had read about how this cell detoxifying procedure is common in Europe, and that sometimes you could find it on cruise ships. When I saw the Fantasy offered it I was curious, so what the heck, I booked it.

My spa CM was Nicole from England. She was awesome! She was very knowledgeable about the procedure and just plain pleasant to chat with. Due to a sense of modesty I’m not going to post the details of my treatment. (We don’t know each other that well yet) I will tell you I went back for two additional treatments at a discount, and that DCL did offer to sell me the “at home” version, but it wasn’t a hard sell and I felt comfortable declining.

My spa room had a lovely view of the ocean.

NOTE: While I was there Nicole told me the coolest “trivia” fact I’d heard about DCL. She told me about how the ship was altering its schedule and would be staying in Costa Maya until 1:00 AM the next night so the cast members could have a night off in town. (That is not the cool fact.) BTW: Guests were also welcome to stay ashore until 1:00 AM.

Nicole mentioned how it really doesn’t take as long as it seems to travel from port to port. I told her I had read that on most “days at sea” cruise ships really just go in circles until it is time to dock again. She said that a Disney cruise doesn’t go in circles. It makes a hidden Mickey head. (How cool is that! …or am I just easily entertained?)

Tips & Tricks: Before I end my Spa post I also have a tip for you. (Although on our next cruise I hope I don’t regret telling) The spa has HUGE shower stalls in the bathroom/locker room area. I used one after my treatment and I liked it so much I came back four other times. Even the cabins with split-bathrooms only have one shower (and our cabin didn’t even have the split bathroom) so I found it much easier, if we all needed to be getting ready at once, to go to the Senses Spa showers. It had towels, razors, shampoo, conditioner, soap, toner, q-tips, lotions and hair dryers. I was set and had plenty of elbowroom. I even took DD with me a couple of times and we were each able to shower and do our hair at the same time. We never once had to wait for a shower either.

One of the huge spa showers with attached changing area.

Last edited by Dawncala; 09-10-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Dawncala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #104
LittleGirlGrey
Mouseketeer

The same thing happened to us on one of the Western Caribbean cruises. We were docked in the FL Keys until 1am. Which was good, because I had time to get an awesome tattoo!

The one sad thing though is our head waiter was playing in a vollyball tournament and hurt his ankle and couldn't wait on us for the rest of the week. But we sent him get well soon notes.

OH! And when I went to get my tattoo the guy who did my tattoo had JUST done a tattoo for Goofy! Apparently the CM got this huge tribal tattoo on his back in an hour *which believe me HURTS doing it that quickly* so I can never look at Goofy the same anymore. :-D

One word love; curiosity. You long for freedom. You long to do what you want to do because you want it. To act on selfish impulse. You want to see what it's like. One day you won't be able to resist.
LittleGirlGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:05 PM   #105
DisneyDoc5
Disney, Dogs, Chocolate

no Perry in the Spa????
2006 Beach Club, 2008 Contemporary, 2008 Beach Club, 2010 Port Orleans Riverside, 2010 Polynesian, 2011 Coronado Springs, 2012 Port Orleans Riverside, 2012 Fantasy Cruise, 2012 Art of Animation, 2013 Yacht Club, 2013 Polynesian, 2014 Port Orleans Riverside, 2014 Fantasy Cruise, 2014 Animal Kingdom Lodge

DisneyDoc5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: