Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 11:09 PM   #16
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcat View Post
This is my first time to plan a trip and my second time to go so I am new to all of this. Which other deluxe resort do you recommend?
I would look into BC or YC for a split. It would cost less than Poly, and puts you at the back door to EPCOT and a boat ride away from HS. Also, BC/YC share the best pool on site. The Boardwalk area is pretty cool also.

Or skip CR and do the split with Poly and an EPCOT resort!
cjsm&d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:58 AM   #17
k&a&c'smom
DIS Veteran

We love doing split stays, as you can tell from my signature! As others have posted, you have to keep in mind they are easier with room only than with a pkg.

You can do a pkg. for your first resort, purchase (or upgrade at check in) the tickets for the entire trip, and go without dining plan for your second resort (room only). Gives you a chance to have it both ways. We don't use the dining plan and usually have APs, so it's not an issue for us.

I would go with a MK resort and an Epcot resort - but if you have your heart set on two MK resorts, go with that. I usually try to put the favorite resort at the end so you have it to look forward to and don't mind leaving a new resort if you fall in love with it.

Good luck, enjoy your resort(s) whatever you choose.
*1996 Dixie Landings * 1998 Boardwalk Inn * 1999 Polynesian * 2000 Polynesian * '01 HRH * '02 GF * '03 AKL & BC * '04 Poly/AKL & Poly/BWI & POR * '05 AKL/Dolphin & POFQ * '06 Poly/GF & Christmas at the GF * '07 GF & HRH/BWI/WL/YC/GF & GF * '09 Poly/AKL & WL & GF * '10 AKL/GF & RPR/BC/GF *'11 GF & BC * '12 HRH/PBH & YC/GF * '13 GF/PBH
Thnx WDWKOOK! Forever in our hearts, JungleCruiser
k&a&c'smom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-18-2012, 09:01 AM   #18
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I have done a lot of split stays. They're fine. You just have to remember that you will need to pack up and move. Disney will move your luggage for you, if you want (take valuable items with you).

The only real caveat is if you are booking vacation packages (if you want a dining plan at both resorts, for example) then you end up having to buy tickets twice if you don't have an AP or the military discount. But if you don't want DDP or you only want it on the first stay, it can work well. I never use the dining plan, so a split stay is always an option for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:15 AM   #19
moobar25
Mouseketeer

I'm trying a split for first time in Oct. This is only b/c of room availability, dvc rooms go quick during F&WF.
BC is my all time favorite resort - highly recommend it.
BLT 1/15, BCV/BLT 9/14, BC 8/14 Villains, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BWV/OKW 3/14 Anniversary, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:46 AM   #20
Lehuaann
Lehu hu Boo Boo

Yes, we've stayed at 3 resorts in 1 trip - did that twice. And I happen to think your choices are fantastic.

Here is what we did;

First tri-split was for 9 nights: AKL - POR - CR
Second tri-split was for 12 nights: AKL - Cabins - Poly

Although AKL is our absolute favorite resort - CR lake view is absolutely stunning...and Poly MK view is TDF.

If you enjoy the MK area, then yes, this is the best of both indeed...

Last edited by Lehuaann; 07-19-2012 at 01:51 AM.
Lehuaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:51 AM   #21
TX Momof2
Mouseketeer

Hi JP02,
I'd love to hear how your split stay goes in January between BWI and WL. I'm trying to decide between WL with BWI or AKL for our Jan 2014 trip. I'm just wondering how it'll be with the colder temps with all the walking outside. I love the idea of not having to wait for a bus. Have fun!

TX Momof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #22
Disney Doll
DIS Security Matron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking6 View Post
I have done a split stay before and loved it. This year I am doing a triple stay! we are staying the first 4 nights @ Beach Club waterview. transfering POR for the next 4 nights followed by CBR for the remainder of our vacation. You ask why it's because I want to stay at every resort and give them all a shot. Just call me CRAZY....
I'd do this in reverese and stay at the BC last. Going from a deluxe to a moderate is going to be a bit of a letdown.

To the OP, split stays are not a big deal, especially on a longer trip like yours. You just call bell services and ask them to transfer your luggage.

I also agree wiht a PP who said to split your stay between 2 resorts in completely different areas of WDW, like the MK & Epcot or the MK & AK.
It's time to put on your big girl panties and deal with it!
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out.
There's no pill that cures stupid.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
You are his life, his love, his leader.
He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
~~In loving memory of Teddy~~1994-2007~~
Disney  Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #23
Masonmj84
DIS Veteran

A Poly/BC split is my dream Disney vacation .

Currently, my biggest concern about it is all the rumored construction at the Poly (don't want to book it and then find out the Volcano Pool will be down after it's too late to get a discounted rate at another resort).

I also worry somewhat that, given the spaciousness of the Poly rooms, the BC rooms might seem a bit cramped (probably a dumb thing to worry about, however). I supposed I could book BC first and Poly second, but then I worry the Volcano Pool would be a let down after SAB (probably also a dumb thing to worry about).
Masonmj84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:29 PM   #24
Sue M
DIS Veteran

BC is our fav Epcot resort, or YC. But BC would be first choice. Mainly because I prefer the decor, and the CS is in BC.

We have done split stays on trips 10 days +

You can go to second resort and do early check in. We prefer to take a cab first thing in the morning with our luggage and do early check in to second resort. Leave our luggage with Bell Service and head to a park.
Others prefer to use WDW Bell Service to move luggage and just head to a park, returning to second resort to check in later.

If you are planing on getting the DDP, it's very difficult to have it for both resorts, so most just put it on first reservation , then book room only for next resort, because it's not cost effective to have to buy tickets to get DDP for second resort. You can get length of stay tickets to cover total time in WDW on first res.
Aug 2003 WDW Marriott Courtyard, [B]Aug 2005 [/BSeaWorld, Universal, Busch Gardens Hilton Garden Inn, ]Aug 2007 WDW CBR, Jan 2008WDW WL, Aug 2008St. Pete Beach, Universal-HRH, Sea Workd & Aquatica- Hyatt Place & Doubletree, Jan 2009WDW AKL, Aug 2009Key West Sheraton Suites, Cocoa Beach Hampton Inn, & WDW POR/WL, Jan 2010WDW Poly, Jan 2011WDW POR, Aug 2011WDW POR/BC CL, Jan 2012WDW WL, Aug 2012AKL CL, Jan. 2013POFQ Aug. 2013 WDW Pop, GF, YC Jan 2014POR, Aug 2014 Universal Portofino Bay, & WDW GF,

Next trip January 2015 POR Riverside
Sue M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:45 PM   #25
elaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcat View Post
I was wondering if anyone has ever stayed at two resorts in one trip...
Never done just two .... 3, 4 and 5 though

Tags
contemporary resort, opinions, poly, resort, two resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: