Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 10:44 PM   #46
CableKC
Mouseketeer

I picked CBR because of pricing and the pool. The kids love to go swimming...and CBR had the best pool among the Moderate Priced Resorts. I am sure that the other Deluxe resorts have better pools...but I don't want to spend more $$$ than I have to.
CableKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:57 PM   #47
tinkerbellybutton
DIS Veteran

We always pick our resort based on the kind of trip we want, the time of year, or any special occasions.

Our first trip onsite was in the Toy Story section of All Star Movies. My boys, 2 and 4 at the time, were huge Toy Story fans. No other resort would have done for that trip. A few years later we went back with my brother and his kids, who were also into Toy Story, and they insisted we had to stay at "the toy story hotel" again.

One year my boys and nephews were really into pirates. We stayed in the new pirate rooms at CBR, did the pirate adventure from CBR, even made them matching Mickey pirate tshirts for that trip.

If we are visiting in the summer we'd like a more tropical resort, like CBR or the Poly, or a great pool like at BC/YC.

If we visit during the holidays there is no place like WL.

When we travel for a birthday the birthday person gets to pick which resort we stay in.

If we ever get around to visiting during food and wine I can't imagine we'd stay any where other than the Epcot resort area.

We are trying to one day stay at them all, so we usually do a split stay. We pick a resort for the main part of our stay based on time of year, then we'll pick a new resort just for fun for a night or two, usually to add on to the end of our trips.

Up Next:????
Resorts we've stayed in: ASMox3, ASSp., ASMu, PC, CBRx3, CSR, PORx2, POFQ, WLx6, Poly, BC, YC, BWV, AKL(Jambo)x2, AKL (Kidani), SSR, OKW, SOGx2, Swan, Vero Beach!
tinkerbellybutton is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 11:28 PM   #48
TyTysMommy
Mouseketeer

Budget and transportation are the 2 biggest reasons I stay mostly at Pop Century.

#1 - I can go more often if I do budget trips, so I have to choose from a Value
#2 - I like the fact that Pop has always had its own bus. Now that will change with the addition of Art of Animation.
TyTysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 12:19 AM   #49
moobar25
Mouseketeer

As DVC members we base it on what our favorite is - BCV. Best location for us, great pool, perfect place to get coffee in am -Marketplace. We've tried other Deluxes but they didn't compare.
If BCV is not available - we pick based on easiest/best transportation, especially since we now have a little one to think about. I'd rather not have to wait for busses in the heat or at the end of the night with an infant and stroller in tow.
AKV-CL 1/15, BCV 9/14, AKV-CL/BCV 5/14, BC-CL/BLT/BWV 11/13 Wine & Dine Marathon, BLT/BCV 9/13 Family Reunion, YC-CL 6/13 Star Wars, BCV/BLT 1/13 Birthday Surprise, BLT/BCV 10/12 DH Birthday, BCV 5/12 Baby's 1st trip, AKV 5/11, BWV 5/10, SSR 9/08, BCV 5/08, BCV 5/07, VWL 5/05 Honeymoon

moobar25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #50
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We look at the room first. Layout, size, amenities.
Then which resorts offer the style of room we want for that trip.

We always want a living area and some sort of cooking setup, so we're restricted to villas, cabin and family suites.

Then we look at location and what parks we'll spend the most time in.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hotel, resort, vacation

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: