Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 12:57 PM   #301
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayGan View Post
Given the ages of your children you will almost certainly need an SUV or minivan to accomate their three car seats (I'm assuming you have at least booster seats for the 2 older ones as they still should be in one.)

Also, the vehicles found on any Exec aisle can really vary at any airport. I would never count on there being a SUV or minivan available. (For instance, on my recent trips to Newark, only sedans have been available.) I would really go ahead and book the size you need. Check out Mousesavers.com's rental car section for codes that can be used for different rental car companies.

Also, I know when you are a loyal member of a rental car company that is hard to even consider renting from someone else. You may want to consider checking out the rates of other companies such as Alamo or Enterprise (Enterprise can earn you points on Emerald Club as well sometimes) to see if you can get a better rate to keep your costs down.
Smart advice!!!! BTW, just for the record: Alamo, National and Enterprise are one company. Different business models, but, owned by Enterprise. We also share cars.
gmeh1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:14 PM   #302
Bordassi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Smart advice!!!! BTW, just for the record: Alamo, National and Enterprise are one company. Different business models, but, owned by Enterprise. We also share cars.
I understand that you are working at National? Any chance to see you at the JFK station?
Bordassi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-09-2012, 08:42 PM   #303
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordassi View Post
I understand that you are working at National? Any chance to see you at the JFK station?
Nope, I am at Orlando International airport. Good luck with your rental.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:43 AM   #304
Bordassi
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmeh1 View Post
Nope, I am at Orlando International airport. Good luck with your rental.
Thanks! Hopefully the folks at JFK will be as friendly as you guys!
Bordassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 PM   #305
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordassi View Post
Thanks! Hopefully the folks at JFK will be as friendly as you guys!
I sincerely hope so too!!!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:16 AM   #306
jcanary
DIS Veteran

My reservation has Aisle & Executive Service

on it, does this mean the Executive aisle is available to us or is this standard. this appears where it gives pick up information. I have assumed that our choices will only be in the emerald aisle but wanted to check. Don't want to miss out on a nicer car if I have a chance to get one.
jcanary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:04 PM   #307
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcanary View Post
My reservation has Aisle & Executive Service

on it, does this mean the Executive aisle is available to us or is this standard. this appears where it gives pick up information. I have assumed that our choices will only be in the emerald aisle but wanted to check. Don't want to miss out on a nicer car if I have a chance to get one.
What does your card say? Are you at executive level? If so, that means you select from the Exec. aisle. You can go to the Nationalcar.com site, sign into your Emerald Club account and on the left it will tell you the level/tier you are at. Takes two seconds.
Old 07-18-2012, 04:18 PM   #308
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread, but I have a National Car rental question.

If we specifically reserved an SUV does that mean that we do not use the Emerald Aisle? Does this mean that we are assigned a specific SUV or is it still possible to select from a few of them when we arrive? Also, we signed up for the Emerald Club, so do we get to skip the counter and go right to the garage?

Thanks for helping a newbie out!

Gina

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:31 PM   #309
HayGan
We could all use some pixie dust now and then :)
Papa Smurf Oh Papa Smurf!

Location: Steeler Country - PA!!!! Home of the World Champion PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgeo View Post
Sorry in advance if this is the wrong thread, but I have a National Car rental question.

If we specifically reserved an SUV does that mean that we do not use the Emerald Aisle? Does this mean that we are assigned a specific SUV or is it still possible to select from a few of them when we arrive? Also, we signed up for the Emerald Club, so do we get to skip the counter and go right to the garage?

Gina
You have to reserve a midsize car in order to utilize the Emerald Aisle so you will still have to go to the counter.

Most places assign you vehicle when you are at the counter. They might give you a choice of different styles in your class or an upgrade (typically for a fee) but you won't be able to go and choose like you do when you use the Emerald Aisle.
Next up:
Girls Only B-Day trip for F&WF - Oct. 2013, Turkey Day & 1st cruise! Nov/Dec. 2013
, Key West & BCV for the first time!!! May 2014
HayGan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #310
wgeo
That's the kind of day where you can't open your mouth without a song jumping right out of it!

Quote:
You have to reserve a midsize car in order to utilize the Emerald Aisle so you will still have to go to the counter.

Most places assign you vehicle when you are at the counter. They might give you a choice of different styles in your class or an upgrade (typically for a fee) but you won't be able to go and choose like you do when you use the Emerald Aisle.
Thanks for the help! So I made a reservation for an SUV specifically to make hubby happy!, do I have to go the counter inside or is there one in the garage? (last year I used budget and just went to a kiosk in the garage)

Thanks,
Gina

DH me DS 10 DD 9

WDW Trips: 1982, 1987, 1994, 2011, 2012, 2014
Disney Magic: 2014
wgeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:33 PM   #311
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Gina
You will not be assigned a specific SUV with National, but you will choose from the SUV aisle that you reserved (instead of the EA). I usually use the kiosks for Alamo or National and head straight to the garage - no counter.
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #312
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Gina
If you are an Emerald Club member and have reserved a SUV, then you have what is called and Emerald Reserve. Which means, you go straight to the SUV area and select your vehicle, proceed to the exit booth, show your license and you will be on your way. This is of course, assuming, you made your reservation with via the Emerald Club sign in. Keep in mind, please, if you reserved a full size SUV, you will have to go to Alamo to get the vehicle, we don't keep the full size SUVs on the National side. Why? Because they keep the vehicles and keys at the Alamo booth inside the garage.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #313
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernswthrt View Post
You will not be assigned a specific SUV with National, but you will choose from the SUV aisle that you reserved (instead of the EA). I usually use the kiosks for Alamo or National and head straight to the garage - no counter.
If you have made your reservation via the Emerald Club sign in, you can proceed directly to the garage, select your vehicle and then to the exit booth and just show your license.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:47 AM   #314
gmeh1
DIS Veteran

Quote:

EC members who make and Emerald Reserve reservation via the EC sign in can go directly to the garage and select their vehicle and exit without ever hitting the counter or kiosk. This of course applies to stations with the EA availability. At the smaller stations we do assign a vehicle, but, not at MCO, where we NEVER assign a vehicle, it is definitely a choice for the customer.

Emerald Reserve Service® is exclusively for Emerald Club® members who require a specific car class - a convertible, SUV, minivan or any other vehicle.

•Make your reservation for the desired vehicle at a counter bypass location.
•When you arrive, bypass the counter and go directly to the row of the car class you reserved. The bus driver and greeter will be available to guide you.
•Choose any car on the row of your reserved car class.
•Your rental transaction will be quickly completed at the exit booth.

Emerald Reserve Service is available at the following major airport locations in the United States and Canada:

United States:

Albuquerque, NM
Atlanta, GA
Austin, TX
Baltimore, MD
Boston, MA
Charlotte, NC
Chicago Midway, IL
Chicago OHare, IL
Cincinnati, OH
Cleveland, OH
Columbus, OH
Dallas Love, TX
Dallas, TX
Denver, CO
Detroit, MI
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Fort Myers, FL
Hartford, CT
Houston Hobby, TX
Houston Intercontinental, TX
Indianapolis, IN
JFK, NY
Jackson, MS
Kansas City, MO
Las Vegas, NV
Lihue, HI
Los Angeles, CA
Manchester, NH
Memphis, TN
Miami, FL
Milwaukee, WI
Minneapolis, MN
Nashville, TN
New Orleans, LA
New York City La Guardia, NY
Newark, NJ
Oakland, CA
Oklahoma City, OK
Ontario, CA
Orange County, CA
Orlando, FL
Philadelphia, PA
Phoenix, AZ
Portland, OR
Providence, RI
Raleigh / Durham, NC
Sacramento, CA
San Antonio, TX
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
San Jose, CA
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO
Tampa, FL
Washington Dulles, DC
Washington National, DC
West Palm Beach, FL

Canada:

Calgary, AB, CA
Vancouver, BC, CA
Montreal, QC, CA

Emerald Aisle and Emerald Reserve Service are available at select National locations only. List of locations is subject to change without notice. Emerald Club and its services require a signed Master Rental Agreement on file.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-21-2012, 12:58 AM   #315
pipervali
Mouseketeer

I'm guessing the reason my reservation out of LAX is saying Counter Service is because I'm using an Entertainment Book e-coupon. I'm wondering if I'd be willing to eat the $30 and not use the coupon just to have the chance to skip the counter. Or can I use the kiosk with a coupon too?

Really just wanting to not have to go to the counter.....

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: