Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports > Disney Cruise Line Pre-Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 01:33 PM   #857
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

SINGLE DIGITS!!!
Mndisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 10:53 AM   #859
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Now I just have to survive the next 7 days lol

Seven days! :thumb sup2

State Id?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #861
baseballmickey
DDC #644

joining in late. lots to catch up on. Does this come in an Ebook format??

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
baseballmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #862
mrp4352
DIS Veteran

Hi!!

I'm trying to get caught up, but couldn't wait to ask - who made your camera bag? I've been really struggling with that over the last couple of years and would LOVE to have a camera bag that doesn't look like a black insulated cooler bag!

Thanks!!

Disney Dream Maiden Voyage trip report http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post40042393
May 21, 2012 Yukon Ho! Wonder cruise report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2937171
mrp4352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:27 PM   #865
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp4352
I'm trying to get caught up, but couldn't wait to ask - who made your camera bag? I've been really struggling with that over the last couple of years and would LOVE to have a camera bag that doesn't look like a black insulated cooler bag!

Thanks!!
Hi and welcome!!!! It's an Epiphanie bag, just google it and the link to their site should come up. I have the Belle, my mom has the Lyric and a client has the Lola. They have the coolest stuff!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #866
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

So close. I hope everything comes together and all goes off without a hitch. I know this last week is nuts because you are travelling, Jeff is travelling and then you need to get everyone cross country. Safe travels and I will be checking in.

Just wanted to get it in so I don't miss a send off.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 01:22 AM   #867
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
So close. I hope everything comes together and all goes off without a hitch. I know this last week is nuts because you are travelling, Jeff is travelling and then you need to get everyone cross country. Safe travels and I will be checking in.

Just wanted to get it in so I don't miss a send off.
Thanks Pat!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have an update and hopefully at least one more before we take off. I have arrived at my work conference and am sneaking a little DIS time to get in an update.
Old 07-20-2012, 01:40 AM   #868
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

This update brought to you by the letter D!

The storm before the calm. I know it’s SUPPOSED to be the calm before the storm but that never seems to be the reality at my house before we leave on a trip. I swear, my husband’s stress level rises each day as we get closer! He did point out that it has been a YEAR since we’ve had a real vacation. Which is too long and probably explains a lot. And so…
This update is brought to you by the letter D!

First off, of course, DISNEY.

We are going to Disney in a week! Yep, one week from tonight we will be headed to the airport. Apparently that has Drama too but I’ll get to that in a minute.

And then, DREAM!

Soon thereafter, we will be on the Dream, something the boys are literally dreaming about daily. Those two magical D words have been infiltrated by others that are perhaps a bit less magical.

In most cases, the letter D shows up multiple times!

Drama #1: No Driving and visiting Doctors

As of today K does not yet have any state ID. Apparently when they went last Friday, her mom decided that it didn’t make sense to get a state ID card and she should get her learners (Driving) permit instead. Which was the original idea but then we were told she couldn’t do that because she wasn’t enrolled in a class. Apparently that wasn’t exactly accurate; she can get one, but has to take the test. She picked up the booklet on Friday and supposedly studied it this weekend at our house (though we didn’t see much evidence of studying) and was supposed to get the permit this week. She leaves this afternoon for her CA tournament. Somehow that didn’t happen and her mom is taking her first thing Monday morning. Yeah…I’m venting. Why they couldn’t go today (or yesterday, or Tuesday or Monday) is a bit beyond me but it is classic. Her mom, bless her heart, is a procrastinator so it’s not surprising. She’s been preoccupied. With Doctors. K has had ongoing ankle issues for years, PT etc. She got an MRI earlier this week on one, got the results yesterday. And then apparently was getting an MRI on the other ankle either yesterday or today. All we do know is the one ankle is basically ok but the results were enough that they were able to get insurance to approve imaging the other ankle. I guess we won’t get those results till next week, or possibly even after the trip.

Drama #2: More Driving and Doctors. Ditching, Dodging, Detours and Doodling!

On Monday at around 6pm, I got a call from Eric. Who is at Boy Scout Camp. Apparently he’d gotten something in his finger while getting out of the lake on Sunday and now the finger was substantially larger than it should be, was hard, and hot. So I had to Drive to camp (1 hours), take him to the ER, see the Doctor and pharmacy, and then back to camp (2.5 hours) and then drive back home (1.5 hours). His finger is fine. Probably an autoimmune response to a stinger of some sort. Antibiotitcs to be safe (doc suggested waiting a day and there was NO way I was making the trip twice lol) plus ibuprofen (apparently the scouts 11th essential according to Eric) and Allegra for the itching. No liability for the boy scouts and two very pricey ER visits for me in less than 2 weeks. I confess, I Ditched (or Dodged) paying my copay at the time of visit as I was expecting to be billed and they were rather insistent I pay then. I won. This Drama included Dirt. He’d been at camp for about 18 hours when I got there. He looked like Pig Pen! And somehow in 24 hours had managed to lose his swimsuit. On the way home I was Detoured by some major construction so sat in my car, completely stopped, Doodling and feeling rather Desperate as the Starbucks was closed when I hit the highway on the way back, meaning I couldn’t get a coffee for the road or use the facilities!

Drama #3: Distressed Dad’s

My beloved husband, wound tight as it is, always seems to ramp up before a trip. There is stuff to finish up at work which always gets crazy and unexpected drama with his kids, and their mom. He’s been busy dealing with all of that, including Taylors car repeatedly breaking down, Kendall’s mom not knowing how to get a prescription filled on our insurance (I am not kidding) and him starting to freak about not being here when the rest of this leave. Why? Well frankly he’s terrified K won’t be ready for me to pick her up, she won’t have her ID and on and on and on. I’m not sure he will relax until I text him that I have her! I am off to a 3 day work conference so hopefully a little space will help him feel in control as I know a lot of the stress is feeling things are not in his control. That said, while I really should stay for the dinner on Sat a this conference, which is 4 hours away, I’ll be heading back to make sure he’s set for his trip, we are coordinated and then I can take him to the airport in the morning. I hope that will help too as me being gone is stressing him out as well!

Now, onto the FUN part of this update.

We leave in ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We'll be headed to the airport, or loading up the car in 7 days and about 15 minutes.

I’ve been knocking some more Details off of my list!

These items are DONE!

1. Haircut
2. Color
3. Revised room request for OKW. Yep, First visit home and I’m probably making member services nuts and they will give time the worst room ever. I started to get really worried about the request once I realized that my targeted buildings in the section I wanted were the ONLY ones that had elevators, making them prime for HA requests. I’ve changed my request accordingly, we will see what we end up with but I do feel at least sure we will likely get one with the 2nd access door.
4. Dining. Added the dining plan for our AKV nights.
5. Delegate. I’ve created a list of items that Evan can choose to do this week (while his brother is at camp) to earn more Disney Dollars to spend on things that we have no intention of buying and I know he wills struggle with using souvenir or personal money for, or not. Things like boogie boards, paddle boat rental, arcade cards.

7. FE. We have added more folks to our FE list, which is fun! I need to make a few more items but should have plenty of time to finish up on Sunday.
8. Doo-Dads. Ok, not really doo-dads but I wanted a D word! I was invited to do some beta testing for a TripIt feature add on and earned an Amazon Gift card for doing so. Instead of getting anything remotely practical, instead I got some splurge items for the trip. A new camera strap. Not that anything was wrong with my current one, but I liked this one better. And a new nightgown.

So what’s left?

1. Laundry
2. Pack
3. Pickup (Kendall)
4. Bag check (kids, make sure they stuck to their lists)
5. Drop off (cats)
6. Stop (mail)
7. Alert (credit cards that we are traveling)
8. Set (new sprinkler schedule for while we are gone)

And….that’s all I can think of! I am actually partially packed things in piles ready to go into the suitcase and some items are leaving with Jeff on Sunday. This will help me get the boys all set. It will also help if work explodes next week, as it is wont to do before a vacation starts. I have a couple of big deliverables due before I leave so need to get those done but it “should” be doable.
Old 07-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #869
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Wow.

Hey, just writing that post demonstrates that you've got your arms around everything. Things might go awry, but they won't be things in your control, I know that. It sounds like a whirlwind of a week coming up, but I know you'll meet every challenge head-on.

FE doesn't start with "D"! How about Door Decoration?

You reminded me that we forgot to call our credit card company before our trips. It didn't take long before I got a call about "suspicious activity" while Judy and Lauren were in NYC. I explained that they were there, the charges were okay, and took the opportunity to tell them about our other upcoming travels. I'm glad they monitor it though!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:49 AM   #870
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

I know once you get on the plane to Orlando you can let out a huge sigh of relief.

I hope all those outstanding items, Kendall, come together without more drama. to you girl. You got it going on.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Poolrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: