Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #256
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
okay okay you are right.

but she did not seperate out the guesses.

so officially two updates.

part one update 1 judy

part two update 1 judy.

Well I can't argue that...........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #257
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Great update Lauren! Having read some of the writings from my HS Senior / College Freshmen years, I can honestly say I would not have been able to spin such a tale in that chapter of my life. (Let's just say my first college English class was catered towards the more "redneck" freshmen.)

I can't wait to read more! (You know if you joined the Disney college program, you could write a TR that lasted an entire semester. I actually read one of those. Years ago. And not on this site. Quite an intriguing story I must say.

And then of course Glenn would be compelled to come and visit to take advantage of the cast member discount and there would be even more TR's for us to read.

But I digress.

LOVED Wicked when it came to San Antonio, and the stage in NYC looks even more amazing than the touring stage.

I have never tried Indian food and I don’t know that I ever will. But I applaud your culinary courage and am glad that it was a good meal for you gals.

I also enjoy your tourist-esque photos as they are exactly the type of thing I’d be taking. (Kudos rednecks on holiday.)

Keep up the good work!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #258
GreatBiscuit
Golden but never flaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
He definitely got into the nitty gritty of it!

Note: No trees were killed in the posting of this reply, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
GreatBiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:20 PM   #259
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Fun update! Very impressed that you braved an unknown, indian restaurant and got 50% off. And it was good! Sounds like it really paid off. I indian!!!! Our favorite takeout. Or one of them.
We love Indian food too. Someone had just told me about that Scoutmob app just before they left....I was kinda surprised that she remembered to check it.

Quote:
The room does look lovely, I'm going to remember it if we ever need to do a trade, where was it located? I know Glen has said but...my brain is a colander.
The Manhattan Club 200 West 56th Street. Between Broadway and 7th Ave. 3 blocks from Central Park in Midtown, and near the Theater District. Wow, I sound like I know what I'm talking about. Even if I don't.

Quote:
LOVE the wicked photo's, it's the only Broadway play I've seen! Well, actually on Broadway that is (complete with scary cab, followed b y manic pedicab story but I don't want to hijack). It is a marvelous play, so glad you enjoyed it.
I guess the scary cab ride is a requirement. Glad you liked the photos.

Quote:
Up until midnight huh....hmnn. Foreshadowing.

Quote:
well glenn techically rosie is WRONG.

part one update= 2 one of her at dinner where you can see her lower half of in the picture with the food...right after that one we have her arm in the picture of the food (bread)..so total of 2 in the first part.

part two update = 1 judys reflection in the windown/mirror

time to take rosies points off the board.

I think Marv already pointed out where you went astray.

Quote:
also really enjoyed the update...it would be fun to dress up and go to a show downtown.
Thanks Dan! They definitely had a great time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
Wowww, I've always wanted to see Wicked and it looks amazing, what a fantastic theatre!
The room looks beautiful too.
They absolutely loved it. Highly recommended!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teekathepony View Post
I wish I were brave enough to try an unknown Indian restaurant! I'm so bad for trying new foods.
Hmmm, there might not be a lot of them in your neck of the woods, but you should try it sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Another interesting update about your special night in NYC!
Thanks!

Quote:
Great job on the ever-so-important room pics.
I stressed that many, many times. I wanted to see what it looked like!

Quote:
Sounds like you two had an amazing dinner, but it worried me that the place wasn't very crowded.
I agree, a good sign is a busy restaurant...but they liked it so who am I to argue?

Quote:
Thanks for the great pictures and descriptions from Wicked. I haven't seen the show yet, but I know I would love it.
You're very welcome!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #261
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So that means Rosie is now a ????
It's lookin' that way.

Quote:
I would say Contratulations Rosie, but then............
It means you are no longer Sweet and Innocent!!!
Wow, that was short-lived!

Quote:
You might want to recheck the color of that sleeve and compare it to what Lauren is wearing in the other pictures........
Thanks for pointing that out to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbeagle View Post
Haven't been on in a long time. Hope to head back to the World next year again. Yours was the last TR I read so I'm back for more!
Hi PJ! I'm glad you join-in for my TRs, but you're allowed to read others.

I hope you get to WDW next year also!

Quote:
okay okay you are right.

part one update 1 judy

part two update 1 judy.

Well, in post #233 she detailed where each one could be found and mentioned that the chapter was two separate posts (in a vain attempt to get a second point), so we the Rules Committee will leave the point with her.

Quote:
I just did.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #262
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

Thank you for the welcome!! Which DVC resort(s) do you belong to? I'd say you made a fantastic trade into NYC. I missed that last night. Guess I need to , er read more closely!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:28 PM   #263
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
okay okay you are right.

part one update 1 judy

part two update 1 judy.

Oh yes I did seperate and also combine and per the rules committe it was 1 update but in 2 posts , oh the devious means you boys will go to in order that I don't get a point . Thank goodness the Rules Commitee ruled for Rosie !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:30 PM   #264
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

I forgot to thank Marv who for once came to my defence well sort of !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:38 PM   #265
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Your room looks lovely. When I was there, we stayed in a very tiny room with two Queen beds so it's nice to see that not every NYC hotel room is just all crammed in there like an apartment. Sorry to hear about your heating problems though I think most hotel rooms are generally VERY cold especially during the summer (I'm guessing you were there during the "record highs").

So funny you guys got in with a crazy Taxi driver. They really are EVERYWHERE and most others were the same way, but I think you got to be a little crazy and daring in a place like New York. The restaurant looks adorable and the food looks great. Indian food truly is some great yet unique tasting food (:

Awesome to hear you guys saw Wicked and up close in the Orchestra seating. I saw it in the mezzanine (balcony) and thought it was fantastic from there, but from your pictures it looks almost better. I mean, especially when you are looking at the stage straight on instead of down upon. The dragon is pretty nifty and I love how they used those wires, lots of awesome surprises. Love all the other pictures from the Gershwin you got too, the map was probably one of the coolest things I saw. Glad to hear you guys made it out of there without being trampled as it seemed you came close!

Times Square truly is beautiful at night is it, unless you are trying to walk around then it is dangerous... just saying. That's so cool about the hotel not having a thirteenth floor. I've heard things about hotels doing that, I wished I had looked at where I was staying.

Can't wait to read more!
PlutosRHM55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #266
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
Great update Lauren! Having read some of the writings from my HS Senior / College Freshmen years, I can honestly say I would not have been able to spin such a tale in that chapter of my life. (Let's just say my first college English class was catered towards the more "redneck" freshmen.)
I'm picturing lots of writing of stories straight out of Blazing Saddles. "More beans GreatBiscuit?"

Quote:
I can't wait to read more! (You know if you joined the Disney college program, you could write a TR that lasted an entire semester. I actually read one of those. Years ago. And not on this site. Quite an intriguing story I must say.
I've suggested that. Marlene seems more interested than Lauren.

Quote:
And then of course Glenn would be compelled to come and visit to take advantage of the cast member discount and there would be even more TR's for us to read.

But I digress.
I would be compelled. I would!

Quote:
LOVED Wicked when it came to San Antonio, and the stage in NYC looks even more amazing than the touring stage.
You must have been in stage-crew-geek heaven!

Quote:
I have never tried Indian food and I don’t know that I ever will. But I applaud your culinary courage and am glad that it was a good meal for you gals.
Biscuit, Biscuit, Biscuit. Get thee to an Indian restaurant! Try any of the following: vegetable korma, butter chicken, chicken tikka masala, tandoori chicken, and get some naan (flatbread). You won't regret it.

Quote:
I also enjoy your tourist-esque photos as they are exactly the type of thing I’d be taking. (Kudos rednecks on holiday.)

Keep up the good work!
Thanks for saying so GB!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jecskc View Post
Loved the update !! I would so love to see that play. this guy I went to high school with lives in NYC and writes plays. He totally has the life !!!
Glad you liked it! I'm sure you'd love it.

Sounds like that guy has a very interesting life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Thank you for the welcome!!
You're welcome for the welcome.

Quote:
Which DVC resort(s) do you belong to?
We own at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

Quote:
I'd say you made a fantastic trade into NYC. I missed that last night. Guess I need to , er read more closely!!
I think it was a good trade. Not too many points, a great location, no hassle.

Not a problem at all that you didn't catch it earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Oh yes I did seperate and also combine and per the rules committe it was 1 update but in 2 posts , oh the devious means you boys will go to in order that I don't get a point . Thank goodness the Rules Commitee ruled for Rosie !!
The Rules Committee bends over backwards for you Rosie!

Because you're so sweet and innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I forgot to thank Marv who for once came to my defence well sort of !!!
He definitely did. You need to remember that -- he can be a nice guy.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:09 PM   #267
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
Your room looks lovely. When I was there, we stayed in a very tiny room with two Queen beds so it's nice to see that not every NYC hotel room is just all crammed in there like an apartment. Sorry to hear about your heating problems though I think most hotel rooms are generally VERY cold especially during the summer (I'm guessing you were there during the "record highs").
I don't know if every NYC hotel room is that spacious....this place was actually a timeshare, so it might have a few more amenities than your average hotel room.

I'm not sure if the ladies just couldn't figure out how to turn down the A/C or what. I quite often go into hotel rooms for the first time and have to turn the A/C and fan down, or the thermostat or something. It seems like the housekeepers like to crank it.

They were in New York from June 14 to the 17th. It was perfect weather....the heat wave came a couple of weeks later.

Quote:
So funny you guys got in with a crazy Taxi driver. They really are EVERYWHERE and most others were the same way, but I think you got to be a little crazy and daring in a place like New York.
I think you're right -- to survive in that traffic, you have to match their style and pace of driving.

Quote:
The restaurant looks adorable and the food looks great. Indian food truly is some great yet unique tasting food (:
It's downright good!

Quote:
Awesome to hear you guys saw Wicked and up close in the Orchestra seating. I saw it in the mezzanine (balcony) and thought it was fantastic from there, but from your pictures it looks almost better. I mean, especially when you are looking at the stage straight on instead of down upon. The dragon is pretty nifty and I love how they used those wires, lots of awesome surprises. Love all the other pictures from the Gershwin you got too, the map was probably one of the coolest things I saw. Glad to hear you guys made it out of there without being trampled as it seemed you came close!
Unfortunately I can't comment...since this is Lauren's Dad posting and I wasn't there. You know more about it than I do!

Quote:
Times Square truly is beautiful at night is it, unless you are trying to walk around then it is dangerous... just saying. That's so cool about the hotel not having a thirteenth floor. I've heard things about hotels doing that, I wished I had looked at where I was staying.

Can't wait to read more!
I've seen some hotels with a 13th and some without. You never know.

Great!
Old 07-19-2012, 08:20 PM   #268
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Sorry I'm a little behind on the update.

The room looks really pretty...and big. I hate when rooms are so cold though and you can't get the temp adjusted.

Lauren cracked me up on the cabdrivers...they are just like that in Downtown Chicago...I pray for my life every day I go to work.

Glad Lauren and Judy enjoyed their meal at the Indian restaurant (that and Mexican I just do not care for).

I'm so glad they enjoyed the play (I've missed it every time it has been in Chicago). Great photos inside the theater.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 PM   #269
rachel09985
DIS Veteran

FYI- Kalahari in Sandusky would be closer to Pennsylvania. Great Wolf Lodge is nice too.

Dining Review December 2011 Dining Review June 2011 Dining Review December 2010 TR Nov 2012 Dining Review Nov 2012
1998- Dixie Landings 2005- Pop/Saratoga Springs 2008- Pop Century 2009- Pop Century 2010- Pop Century 2011 Pop Century x2! 2012 Art of Animation
rachel09985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:34 PM   #270
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post

He should know better than to doubt you Kelly!
I know, right?!

And I should know better than to type a response on my iPad..."I had to laughter?"
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: