DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Resorts
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #1096
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Sleepydog -- me too with the spelling and grammar! Doesn't it make you crazy when you see misspellings in books and such!?!?!!? Kindle books are the worst.
I'd say annoyed is a more appropriate term than crazy. lol Mostly, I hate seeing poor spelling on headlines in newspapers, titles in newscasts, or in the scrawl along the top or bottom of a television channel. Casual mistakes online or in emails don't bother me a bit, and I'm getting used to the shorthand most people employ when texting even though I still type everything out. I'm a troglodyte.

Old 07-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #1097
nanajoyx2
Enjoy those wonderful princes...they are a blessing!

I get very annoyed when I hear "I" (constantly on TV), when the correct word is "me". I believe people think they sound more intelligent saying "I", but it only proves that they are not. It happens all the time on reality shows.
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM   #1098
Muushka
I usually feel like I just stepped in it
I do love to see a cat while on vacation
Well hot-diggity-dog, another Groupie!

So nobody else sneezes when they look at the sun?

Remember 9/11/2012

I would rather be governed by the first 50 names in the Boston telephone book
than by the professors at Harvard. ~William F. Buckley Jr.
Old 07-19-2012, 05:37 PM   #1099
sleepydog25
Girls of the Woo Hooty: Riddlers Gone Bad
I'm gettin' trippy about my race
Well, I was channeling YOU
Jack, the fairly good person to unwind to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muushka View Post
Nope. Just go blind like everyone else.

Nanajoyx2: Yeah, that one does get I, er, me.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:54 PM   #1100
twinklebug
Dreaming in Mickey Vision
Too bad I wasn't 20, oh, I mean 3 years younger

Location: Left my heart in WDW, if found please leave at WL frontdesk

Quote:

I have year round allergies. I sneeze when I wake up, when going to bed. I sneeze inside, outside, winter, summer, fall, spring. I sneeze when in the shower, when putting on makeup, when my hands are full of breakables, and when trying to keep quiet in the background when my son's on an xbox party ... but nope, I can't say I've ever sneezed when I look at the sun.

Question:
Why would someone who's photo-allergic love going to the sunshine state so much?

Last edited by twinklebug; 07-19-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #1101
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

One of my dear friends sneezes when she has anything minty!
Old 07-19-2012, 07:02 PM   #1102
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

I had the craziest thing happen at work today. A buddy of mine who works for us(and is a OKW owner and big WDW fan) and me were putting a mirror up for an older gentleman and he had his TV on with a music channel. Here we are, mirror in hand and the song that Miss Piggy sings in MuppetVision 3D comes on. I look at David, all excited and proceed to say thats Miss Piggys song, he smiles and the fellow looks at me like Im some kind of nut So proceed to say I thought that was her song, didnt know it was a real song.

BTW, anyone know what the name of that song is?

Last edited by jimmytammy; 07-20-2012 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:15 PM   #1103
DiznyDi
If you remember, we are the rural folks

Another new Groupie, wonderful! WELCOME hoosiermike! Congratulations on your new 'home'.

And congratulations to you too, sleepy (and luv) on your new home. Such an exciting time for you. Your big day will be here before you know it.

JT, the Miss Piggy song is Dream A Little Dream of Me by Ozzie Nelson. Mama Cass and various other artists have also recorded it. (thank you google!)
Old 07-19-2012, 07:45 PM   #1104
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Do you have any hidden talents that you wish you didn't have?

I'll go first!

I have perfect pitch. Which, when someone hits the wrong note, it is almost painful!
How about you? Any hidden annoying talents?

Oh yes, and to keep it VWL related, I also love the Lodge.
Well, Muushka, like you I also have perfect pitch. When someone plays a piano or other instrument and hits a wrong note or it is out of tune, goose bumps go up and down my spine!!! It is a help for me on our praise team at church since I sing harmony and I can pick out the tunes I need with or without music.

And yes, I also love the Lodge!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepydog25 View Post
Thanks for the congrats, Muushka and horselover! We've been angling toward this house now for a few months, and we finally took the plunge to sign a contract in early June. We're closed and in the process of moving in. Fortunately, the "new" place is only a 5-minute walk away, so hauling stuff in my pickup will make it a cinch. . .as a move can be, anyway.

I've always had a gift for spelling and most things pertaining to grammar. No, I am not the grammar police. . .I just notice. As for Lodge related, I can hear the crickets chirping even when there aren't any.
A big congrats on the house! My DH and I built a new house when we got married. But he did offer to buy me a house in my hometown, I just knew he really wanted to build on his family property and I have never regretted it.

Now all I have to do is live through this kitchen remodel. . . . The electrician finished his part yesterday and the plumber is coming in the morning to do the rest of his work. Tuesday the countertops are coming!!!!! I am going to go tomorrow and talk to the company that I buy my appliances from and check out a new stove and talk to them about moving the refrigerators and a freezer around and save my DH's back.

I also join you in the spelling department. Several friends of mine hate it when I look at documents after they have proofed it several times and I still find errors!!!

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 07-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #1105
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinklebug View Post

I have year round allergies. I sneeze when I wake up, when going to bed. I sneeze inside, outside, winter, summer, fall, spring. I sneeze when in the shower, when putting on makeup, when my hands are full of breakables, and when trying to keep quiet in the background when my son's on an xbox party ... but nope, I can't say I've ever sneezed when I look at the sun.

Question:
Why would someone who's photo-allergic love going to the sunshine state so much?
it is only a sneeze or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Well, Muushka, like you I also have perfect pitch. When someone plays a piano or other instrument and hits a wrong note or it is out of tune, goose bumps go up and down my spine!!! It is a help for me on our praise team at church since I sing harmony and I can pick out the tunes I need with or without music.

And yes, I also love the Lodge!!!

A big congrats on the house! My DH and I built a new house when we got married. But he did offer to buy me a house in my hometown, I just knew he really wanted to build on his family property and I have never regretted it.

Now all I have to do is live through this kitchen remodel. . . . The electrician finished his part yesterday and the plumber is coming in the morning to do the rest of his work. Tuesday the countertops are coming!!!!! I am going to go tomorrow and talk to the company that I buy my appliances from and check out a new stove and talk to them about moving the refrigerators and a freezer around and save my DH's back.

I also join you in the spelling department. Several friends of mine hate it when I look at documents after they have proofed it several times and I still find errors!!!
Aha! Another perfect pitch person who hates the wrong notes!!

And a great speller to boot!

Will you post pics of the new kitchen?????

Remember 9/11/2012

Old 07-19-2012, 09:06 PM   #1106
twokats
DIS Veteran

Quote:
it is only a sneeze or two.

Aha! Another perfect pitch person who hates the wrong notes!!

And a great speller to boot!

Will you post pics of the new kitchen?????
Yes just as soon as it is complete. There is so much woodgrain in this room. . . it is so, I don't know how to describe it. I have always loved wood, my father loved to work with it on his lathe, I am really counting the days til it is finished.

DCL (Magic, Southern Caribbean & Repo B2B), VWL - October 2014: AKL (Jambo Concierge), DCL (Fantasy, Eastern Caribbean) - April 2014: VWL - Dec 2013: DL (Grand Californian), DCL (Wonder, LA/Galveston PC Repo) - Sept 2013: DCL (Magic, Cozumel) - Feb 2013: VWL - Sept 2012: VWL, DCL (Fantasy, Western Caribbean) - May 2012: AKV, SSR - Dec 2011: DCL (Wonder, NYE Eastern Caribbean) - Dec 2010/Jan 2011: AKV, SSR - Dec 2009: AKV, DCL (Wonder, Bahama), VWL - May/June 2009: VWL - 2007: WL - 2004: WL - 2001: Dixie Landing - 1998: Offsite - 1987

Old 07-19-2012, 11:46 PM   #1107
KAT4DISNEY
Glad to be a test subject
1st trip Disneyland 1969
1st Trip DisneyWorld 1972
Only trip Disneyland Paris 2002

Quote:
Me!

Almost always 2 times - sometimes 3!

And the pitch thing too. By any chance did you watch The Voice? The do not point out pitchiness as often as they should - drives me crazy!

Old 07-19-2012, 11:53 PM   #1108
Muushka

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokats View Post
Yes just as soon as it is complete. There is so much woodgrain in this room. . . it is so, I don't know how to describe it. I have always loved wood, my father loved to work with it on his lathe, I am really counting the days til it is finished.
Can't wait to see it! I love wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAT4DISNEY View Post
Me!

Almost always 2 times - sometimes 3!

And the pitch thing too. By any chance did you watch The Voice? The do not point out pitchiness as often as they should - drives me crazy!
Kindred spirits! I am a usually 2 time, sometimes 3 sneezer too!

Nope, never saw The Voice. But if there is any chance they won't hit the notes....

Remember 9/11/2012

Old 07-20-2012, 06:04 AM   #1109
bagsmom
Mouseketeer

Muushka and Twokats -- you need to have a musical act at the Lodge!

The Lodge Lounge!
Old 07-20-2012, 06:13 AM   #1110
jimmytammy
Swivel, it's a hard habit to break
Not Tammy, just Jimmy
Go, Panthers!!! (oh, nevermind...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagsmom View Post
Muushka and Twokats -- you need to have a musical act at the Lodge!

The Lodge Lounge!
Good idea, I would go to see them

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: