Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-19-2012, 11:11 AM   #751
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by natebenma View Post
Updates worth waiting for!!!

You are doing a great job going with the flow on a really crowded day.

Once again, I am enjoying your pictures from the area in Fantasy land with Dumbo and the Goofy coaster, since I never spend any time there.

A little solo time is a nice thing, especially if it means skipping the Tomorrowland Speedway!

Nice character pictures!

Where is that old fashioned, colorful kitchen in the window?
I think that is from the pooh store near Splash.
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #752
Beth D
DIS Veteran

We too did not care much for the COP. Very ho-hum. I guess seeing some of the new animatronics, you just wonder when they will freshen it up. Same goes for the Country Bears. Last time we saw that it was just awful! I think I saw though that it's getting an update soon?

That is surprising that their line for the race way was short. That line always seems the slowest out of anything in the MK!

We do the same thing with shirt color too! Dress the boys in the brightest colors so Dad or son is easy to find!
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #753
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You know Jen, there is one reason one loves the COP .... sit in the back row and do your 40 winks! It is a neat cool, dark place to take a short nap in.

I actually quite like it (not only for the nap part) but I can see where it gets old quickly.

Love the update, and again .....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
Aug 22 Fantasy/Western Aug 29 Fantasy/Eastern
TR Feb 2014: Did you feel pressured ... TR 2013: Get off the ship ..... Pre TR 2014: DREAMing, some MAGIC and a little bit of Paris! Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #754
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth D View Post
We too did not care much for the COP. Very ho-hum. I guess seeing some of the new animatronics, you just wonder when they will freshen it up. Same goes for the Country Bears. Last time we saw that it was just awful! I think I saw though that it's getting an update soon?

That is surprising that their line for the race way was short. That line always seems the slowest out of anything in the MK!

We do the same thing with shirt color too! Dress the boys in the brightest colors so Dad or son is easy to find!
I guess I heard hype about it from some and others said it was awful. It wasn't awful, I am glad I saw it...but not fabulous.
I don't like the Country Bears either. Skip loves it surprisingly, so I send the off together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You know Jen, there is one reason one loves the COP .... sit in the back row and do your 40 winks! It is a neat cool, dark place to take a short nap in.

I actually quite like it (not only for the nap part) but I can see where it gets old quickly.

Love the update, and again .....

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!!
It wasn't the worse, but not something I need to see again or at least often. But we may for Claires sake. She might like it. And good idea about the nap.
Old 07-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #755
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Happy Anniversary! Your anniversary celebrations sound like our's. Aren't we some wild party people!?

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

mickeystoontown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #756
francis6306
DIS Veteran

I didn't realize that the dueling Dumbo wasn't up and running. I figured when they moved it, they'd be putting both it. Oh well, no big deal! haha… Love the theming in the concrete!! Who else thinks of details like peanuts in the walkways? Walt would be proud I would think!

July '14 Girl's Trip!! PTR

Mar 2014 PTR ~ Nov '12 PTR~'Dec '10:My Pretrip Report My Trip Report!~'05 Girls trip Pop Century~
'99 Magical Music Days~81-90's Various offsite/onsite trips
francis6306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:33 PM   #757
Caretames1
Mom & Crazed Planner

I bet Dumbo has been the favorite ride for those wanting to check out the FL expansion!
Exciting because it's right there! I think the workmen there are so lucky to see it all everyday!

Beautiful shots of the Castle! I need more of those, and of Tomorrow Land. I have like none of TL!

Splash Mountain! I have yet to ride it, but I'm thinking this Nov is finally it!

Nice Burp!
Wake Up! SURPRISE, We're going to Disney World....TODAY Sept 2011 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....9#post42811539
"Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder!" Our January 2011 TR.http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post39775931
First Ever Trip to Disney World 1/23/2009 (POR) 6 days
Back to Disney World 1/21/2011 (POR) 10 days

Shhh! Suprise MNSSHP Trip 9/21/2011 (POP) 5 days
Surprise...AGAIN! 11/1/12 (AoA) 11 days
ME: Carey DH: John DD: Kadence (10) DD: Samantha (20)
Caretames1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:23 PM   #758
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I was so far behind!!!! Way back at the porta potty photo.

Glad to know I am not the only one grossed out by the honey wall. I was scrolling down in your report and just the picture gave me a feeling... then I saw what you wrote.

Love the fantasyland expansion photos!

Congrats on getting to ride COP for the first time. I think I read somewhere it is one of the rides on the "list" to go away...that and figment Course, now I can't remember where I read it... and if it is actually a credible source.

Happy Anniversary!! 10 years is something to be proud of... and I too am in the "don't do a whole lot on anniversaries" club. Oh well... I guess I would rather have a marriage that was good everyday than only have a "special" day once a year.
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:31 AM   #759
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Happy Anniversary! Your anniversary celebrations sound like our's. Aren't we some wild party people!?
We are a wild bunch. Yesterday we had BIL's wedding at a metropark. As we were driving into the park, Skip said something about remembering bringing a dog here to walk once. Claire wanted to know all about it. I told her that was back when Paige and Michael were little and I was dating Dad....then I added...back when Dad was trying to woe me and would actually go out and do stuff with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by francis6306 View Post
I didn't realize that the dueling Dumbo wasn't up and running. I figured when they moved it, they'd be putting both it. Oh well, no big deal! haha… Love the theming in the concrete!! Who else thinks of details like peanuts in the walkways? Walt would be proud I would think!
I believe they are both running now. I think Dumbo was completely shut down for a few weeks and then they got the new one running first. I do think the views wil lbe nice once they get all the FL explansion done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caretames1 View Post
I bet Dumbo has been the favorite ride for those wanting to check out the FL expansion!
Exciting because it's right there! I think the workmen there are so lucky to see it all everyday!

Beautiful shots of the Castle! I need more of those, and of Tomorrow Land. I have like none of TL!

Splash Mountain! I have yet to ride it, but I'm thinking this Nov is finally it!

Nice Burp!
I do have a good burping skill. Actually I don't...but Paige...my oh my...that girl can copmpete with a truck driver. I'm so proud!

I can't believe you haven't ridden Splash yet? you must do it this year. The ride inside is really neat...and you can avoid getting pretty wet by ducking totally down when you down the hill. Your back might get some, but I usually fair pretty well. You never see me in the pictures because I am down so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I was so far behind!!!! Way back at the porta potty photo.

Glad to know I am not the only one grossed out by the honey wall. I was scrolling down in your report and just the picture gave me a feeling... then I saw what you wrote.

Love the fantasyland expansion photos!

Congrats on getting to ride COP for the first time. I think I read somewhere it is one of the rides on the "list" to go away...that and figment Course, now I can't remember where I read it... and if it is actually a credible source.

Happy Anniversary!! 10 years is something to be proud of... and I too am in the "don't do a whole lot on anniversaries" club. Oh well... I guess I would rather have a marriage that was good everyday than only have a "special" day once a year.
I know that COP sometimes only runs seasonally. I do think I have been there a time or 2 when it was shut down.
I amazed by some of the girls on the parenting forum I am on. They get hese mega huge gifts for each holiday (b-days, anniversaries, Valentines day) and I think ....wow, I never get anything like that, nor have real life friends who get that stuff.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #760
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I arrived at Splash Mountain, but I still had about 15 minutes or so before I could pick up my next fast pass (I believe we had gotten one for Space Mountain earlier, so our window hadn’t opened yet), so I continued to just go around taking pictures while I waited.

I kept putting my ticket in and it said I had to wait. It was becoming annoying, till I realized I was about 5 minutes off on the time I could get the next one, so I waited and then got them.

The time to return was really close to the same time our Space Mountain return was. I figured we would do one for sure, possibly giving the others away or try for both. Claire still was saying she didn’t want to try Space out, and leery on Splash, but I knew this would be the one she would ride if given a choice.

I headed back and the family still wasn’t out of the Country Bears, so I waited around and soon found them. We decided it was probably time to get a bite to eat. I wanted Columbia Harbor House and at first we started that way, but I got complaints from Claire about it. She wasn’t hungry and they only had gross food there, etc. We had seen a corn dog stand back towards Pecos Bill and she said that sounded good, so Skip took her there and I went into Pecos Bill to order something for Skip and I. I don’t know if I have ever eaten here, but if I had, it was 12 -15 years ago, when the older 2 were little.
I got in line and saw they offered taco salad. Skip is a freak over taco salad, so I called him and he said, yes, get that for him. I really wasn’t in the mood for much on the menu, so I just went with a burger.
They made it in there before I even had a chance to order. We placed our order then and waited for the food to arrive.

After our food arrived, we made our way over to the toppings bar. I was really impressed with this. Skip was in heaven. I think he had started conversations with people while filling his salad bowl.

We went to find a table and this place was packed. I actually thought we might not find a table at all. It had filled up completely since I had walked in to order. Finally we found a table way in the back in a corner. There was some sort of little door up against the one seat, and Claire refused to sit by it for fear something would come out at her, so I got that lucky seat.

Our food.

This was by far the best burger I have had on Disney property thus far. I loved all the extra toppings and the burger itself wasn’t dry. Claire finished off her corn dog fast and shared my fries too.

We left very full and happy. I will have to make it back here again in the future.

Now we had time to kill before fastpasses were due. I wanted to try the new/old Tikki Room. We arrived and they told us the wait, it wasn’t long, but Claire had to go to the bathroom, so she and I ran off to do that and missed that show by the time we got back. So we waited for the next one.

We had missed the pre-show the one and only other time we did it and I am not sure if that was changed or not.

Soon we were let in and found a seat. There were not many people in here at all. I was NOT a fan of the old show, but Claire had liked it…..I can say I am not a fan of this version either, but again, Claire loved it.

We left the show with Skip wondering why in the world I had ever wanted to see this show. I told him I wanted to see the update, now I have…..never need to again. Basically we talked about the part of our life we had just lost while in there, and Claire at the same time was talking about how wonderful it was.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:53 AM   #761
mom2rtk
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
We are a wild bunch. Yesterday we had BIL's wedding at a metropark. As we were driving into the park, Skip said something about remembering bringing a dog here to walk once. Claire wanted to know all about it. I told her that was back when Paige and Michael were little and I was dating Dad....then I added...back when Dad was trying to woe me and would actually go out and do stuff with us.

LOL! I guess the chase is over, huh?

I believe they are both running now. I think Dumbo was completely shut down for a few weeks and then they got the new one running first. I do think the views wil lbe nice once they get all the FL explansion done.

Last I heard they were both running but they were taking the first one back down. The Dumbo legs have been scraping on the concrete and they have to enlarge the moat underneath. Poor Dumbo! I hope they're both up and looking pretty for all of our fall trips!

I do have a good burping skill. Actually I don't...but Paige...my oh my...that girl can copmpete with a truck driver. I'm so proud!

LOL! I thought since all the boys were asleep at our house I was safe from the bodily noises. But then I had to read Jen's update!

I can't believe you haven't ridden Splash yet? you must do it this year. The ride inside is really neat...and you can avoid getting pretty wet by ducking totally down when you down the hill. Your back might get some, but I usually fair pretty well. You never see me in the pictures because I am down so far.

Splash is awesome. Anyone who hasn't tried it has missed a real treat. That big drop is really such a small part of the ride. We did it to death last December and I can't wait to ride it again!

I know that COP sometimes only runs seasonally. I do think I have been there a time or 2 when it was shut down.

Maybe that's why I've never done it! I'll have to check this time.

I amazed by some of the girls on the parenting forum I am on. They get hese mega huge gifts for each holiday (b-days, anniversaries, Valentines day) and I think ....wow, I never get anything like that, nor have real life friends who get that stuff.

You and me both!
Great updates You do an awesome job of taking candid photos all along the way. It's almost like we're right along with you in the park.
mom2rtk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:00 AM   #762
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Did Tiki room once , and only once
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 10:52 AM   #763
MEK
DIS Veteran

I know we share the same feelings about Pecos Bill - love the burgers!

You got some great shots of Splash mountain. Some views I haven't even thought of.

I've seen the tiki birds once and that was enough. thank you!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #764
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2rtk View Post
Great updates You do an awesome job of taking candid photos all along the way. It's almost like we're right along with you in the park.
I do have a bit of a obsession taking photos. Sometime when I have an open space of time with no photos...I panic and think...why didn't I take any there?
I often complain about editing, but once they are done I am so happy I did and took the time to do it...and a TR. It keeps those memories alive. I had actually debated not doing one for this at first...and thought..there is no way I am editing all those pictures and not sharing them with anyone.

If it takes me awhile....thats ok.

I didn't know that about Dumbo. I have to admit that I haven't been keeping up with as much as I should lately on Dis. my goal was to get caught up with subscribed threads then I could allow myself to look at other stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Did Tiki room once , and only once
I know that feeling. But I am wondering if Claire sees it in Nov if she will ask to go again. Maybe I can have her look the other way...at the dole whip floats. That update will be coming up next...but lets just say she LOVES those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I know we share the same feelings about Pecos Bill - love the burgers!

You got some great shots of Splash mountain. Some views I haven't even thought of.

I've seen the tiki birds once and that was enough. thank you!
I was really impressed with that burger. If I wasn't so full it was one of those things where you think....boy another one would taste good too!
I think I had so much spare time to wait at Splash that I just shot about anything in the area.
Old 07-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #765
petals
Irish Princess because Cinderella said so!

Pecos Bill's food is to yummy. Someone needs to ship me over one of those burgers along with a few disney cupcakes!
petals is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: