Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2012, 11:46 PM   #241
elphie101
Left my heart in Tomorrowland

Definitely have braver palates than I do - I never would've gone for Indian food. Glad you enjoyed!

Your seats looked FANTASTIC. And I'm in love with the set design, especially on Broadway - the cogs and mechanics of it all as the scenes change are so important to the story of the show, and there's something you really lose in that in the touring productions, for obvious reasons.

I've seen the show 3 times now (once in NY and the two times it's come to Boston since) and I burst into tears during Defying Gravity every.single.time. Such an amazing and powerful song in such a fantastic show. I'm glad you liked it, can't wait for more!

And cool to see I have first subscriber honors

DF Me
WDW: '91, '92, '94, '01, '06 (offsite)* 7/11 Pop* 8/11 AS Music* 9/11 AS Sports* 12/11 CBR* 6/12 Pop* (TR Here!) 11/12 AS Movies* 1/13 Pop* 9/13 Pop* 5/14 Pop* 10/14 BCV*
DL: '03 (day)* 4/13 Fairfield Inn Anaheim* DCL: 10/14 Fantasy Eastern Caribbean*

Star Command, over and out!*Hellllllooooooo Humans!*It's a great big BEAUTIFUL tomorrow!

Current TR: "That's not supposed to be HERE!" A Disneyland TR!***Our DFTW Planning Journal
elphie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #242
ShortStuff
Mouseketeer

How exciting!! A trip to New York, a broadway show, and more to come!! Looking forward to more of the adventure!! Your Indian dinner made me hungry for Sanaa! Yumm!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-19-2012, 04:42 AM   #243
MEK
DIS Veteran

I'm going with 2 Judys too, although I'm not quite awake yet.

Great room - good use of DVC points IMO.

Dinner looks yummy.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Wicked. I saw it in Philly, but it must be wonderful to see it in NYC. That theatre looks SO cool!

Dad - what are you doing keeping the ladies up too late at night?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:47 AM   #244
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

Hahaha another NJ/NY accent right here!!

Their dinner looks great! You certainly don't see a lot of lava lamp decor anymore!

Isn't Wicked awesome? I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 AM   #245
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

I had to laughter at Lauren's comment about no 13th floor. I remember having an argument wit my husband about how most buildings skip the 13th floor. He didn't believe me!
onelilspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:04 AM   #246
ddluvsdisney
DIS Veteran

I saw Wicked a couple of years ago in Providence RI. LOVED it! I'm sure it must be amazing in NYC.
The Indian food looked good. I have yet to try Indian food but I'm sure I'd like it.
February 2014*December 2013*October2013 F&W *September 2013*July 2013-Our condo.*April 2013- Our condo!!*April 2012- Sheraton Vistana*August 2011-Poly & HRH/CL Mom's 40th B-Day*November 2010- Bonnet Creek* August 2010-BC/CL & HRH/CL Mom's B-Day trip* April 2009- Orange Lake Resort* August 2008- GF/CL (Anniversary trip kid free)*April 2008- Orange Lake Resort* June 2007- Orange Lake Resort(2DS b-day trip)* April 2005- Orange Lake Resort* May 1995- CBR (honeymoon)* April 1988 off property* July 1978 off property
ddluvsdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:39 AM   #247
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Fun update! Very impressed that you braved an unknown, indian restaurant and got 50% off. And it was good! Sounds like it really paid off. I indian!!!! Our favorite takeout. Or one of them. The room does look lovely, I'm going to remember it if we ever need to do a trade, where was it located? I know Glen has said but...my brain is a colander.

LOVE the wicked photo's, it's the only Broadway play I've seen! Well, actually on Broadway that is (complete with scary cab, followed b y manic pedicab story but I don't want to hijack). It is a marvelous play, so glad you enjoyed it.

Up until midnight huh....hmnn. Foreshadowing.
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:57 AM   #248
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

well glenn techically rosie is WRONG.

part one update= 2 one of her at dinner where you can see her lower half of in the picture with the food...right after that one we have her arm in the picture of the food (bread)..so total of 2 in the first part.

part two update = 1 judys reflection in the windown/mirror

time to take rosies points off the board.

also really enjoyed the update...it would be fun to dress up and go to a show downtown.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best

Last edited by FauntleroyFAN07; 07-19-2012 at 11:08 AM.
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:02 AM   #249
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Wowww, I've always wanted to see Wicked and it looks amazing, what a fantastic theatre!
The room looks beautiful too.
I wish I were brave enough to try an unknown Indian restaurant! I'm so bad for trying new foods.
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:18 AM   #250
natebenma
DIS Veteran

Another interesting update about your special night in NYC!

Great job on the ever-so-important room pics.

Sounds like you two had an amazing dinner, but it worried me that the place wasn't very crowded.

Thanks for the great pictures and descriptions from Wicked. I haven't seen the show yet, but I know I would love it.
natebenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:48 AM   #251
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatBiscuit View Post
And of course Fogo de Chao is always a good time.
Okay, so now that I've had a chance to google that place....oh yeah, I've always wanted to try one of those Brazilian steak places. Oh my gosh. They should call it "Fogo de Chow"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Congrats Rosie,

I am back to being the bridesmaid again.

Unless that is the top of Judy's hair in the picture leaving the theater where they almost fell down the stairs .. then it would be 3.
Rosie always seems to be hanging around when I'm posting, so she's tough to beat.

Nope, not Judy's hair in the picture from the escalator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I noticed that too !! But I am finally on the board with a Judy sighting win Here that Marv I won !!!!!
Much celebrating going on in Niagara Falls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
Very nice room!
Hmmm, that would have been a good chapter for me to put my perspective in regarding the room and the DVC trade and such. Whoops. Anyway, the room looked great to me also and they really liked it, so it was a win. The location was the best part; they were right in the middle of everything they wanted to visit.

Quote:
I've never had Indian but it did look interesting. We did have Ethiopian over Easter in Austin, TX. That was an experience.
We love Indian food. We had a good place near us but unfortunately they changed ownership, the quality went downhill and then they went out of business.

Quote:
Sounds like you had and exciting ride to the theater, glad you arrived in one piece.
Just one more New York experience they needed to, um, experience. It's kind of like Rock'n'Rollercoaster, but in a cab instead of a limo (that's really a rollercoaster).

Quote:
Michelle loved the show. She had to walk out with the cd and a shirt.
Somehow they were able to leave without buying a bunch of merchandise. I'm not sure how that happened!

Quote:
They also caught a free show of David Letterman while there last year.
Ooo, now that's what I'd want to do!

Quote:
Does a late night equal a late morning?
Time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Checking in Glen...

Subbing and heading back to catch up...
Tim! Thanks for checking in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
SWEEEEETTTTTT!!!! I didn't miss too much! Can't wait to hear more about NYC!
Awesome, you're probably already caught up by now, aren't you.
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:51 AM   #252
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Congrats Rosie,

I am back to being the bridesmaid again.

Unless that is the top of Judy's hair in the picture leaving the theater where they almost fell down the stairs .. then it would be 3.
So that means Rosie is now a ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
I noticed that too !! But I am finally on the board with a Judy sighting win Here that Marv I won !!!!!
I would say Contratulations Rosie, but then............
It means you are no longer Sweet and Innocent!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
well glenn techically rosie is WRONG.

part one update= 2 one of her at dinner where you can see her lower half of in the picture with the food...right after that one we have her arm in the picture of the food (bread)..so total of 2 in the first part.

part two update = 1 judys reflection in the windown/mirror

time to take rosies points off the board.

also really enjoyed the update...it would be fun to dress up and go to a show downtown.
You might want to recheck the color of that sleeve and compare it to what Lauren is wearing in the other pictures........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
marvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #253
pjbeagle
Mouseketeer

Haven't been on in a long time. Hope to head back to the World next year again. Yours was the last TR I read so I'm back for more!

Me ds15 dd9
pjbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:10 PM   #254
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphie101 View Post
Definitely have braver palates than I do - I never would've gone for Indian food. Glad you enjoyed!
Judy and I have both come a long way from the unadventurous cuisine choices of our youth. We've always taken the kids to different types of restaurants so they are waaaay more adventurous than we were at their age. 'Course we don't tell them that.

But we love Indian food....you should give it a try sometime. Find a place with a buffet, many of them have one, and that way you can try lots of things and see what you like.

Quote:
Your seats looked FANTASTIC. And I'm in love with the set design, especially on Broadway - the cogs and mechanics of it all as the scenes change are so important to the story of the show, and there's something you really lose in that in the touring productions, for obvious reasons.
They did look like great seats, didn't they?! I ordered the tickets around Christmastime for this June showing so that I could get them good seats, but not in the super-expensive sections which would require me to take out another mortgage.

Quote:
I've seen the show 3 times now (once in NY and the two times it's come to Boston since) and I burst into tears during Defying Gravity every.single.time. Such an amazing and powerful song in such a fantastic show. I'm glad you liked it, can't wait for more!
Note to self: remember Kleenex if I ever see Wicked.

Quote:
And cool to see I have first subscriber honors
Well-earned, you were super-fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
How exciting!! A trip to New York, a broadway show, and more to come!! Looking forward to more of the adventure!!
ShortStuff! Thanks for joining in! Oh yes, many more adventures yet to come.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortStuff View Post
Your Indian dinner made me hungry for Sanaa! Yumm!
I loved the food at Sanaa also, but haven't eaten there for a couple of years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I'm going with 2 Judys too, although I'm not quite awake yet.
What a coincidence! I saw 2 Judy's just this morning, when I wasn't quite awake yet also!

Then I put on my glasses.

Ba dum bum.

Quote:
Great room - good use of DVC points IMO.
I think so too. The location couldn't be beat!

Quote:
Dinner looks yummy.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Wicked. I saw it in Philly, but it must be wonderful to see it in NYC. That theatre looks SO cool!
I agree. I'm wondering if I need to get up there sometime to check it out myself.

Quote:
Dad - what are you doing keeping the ladies up too late at night?
Hey, I wanted to know how they liked it! They could've called me on their way back to the hotel, but nooooo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
Hahaha another NJ/NY accent right here!!
It doesn't come through in your typing, but I wish I could hear it!

Quote:
Their dinner looks great! You certainly don't see a lot of lava lamp decor anymore!
No you don't....what a shame.

Quote:
Isn't Wicked awesome? I'm glad you guys enjoyed it!!
They loved it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
I had to laughter at Lauren's comment about no 13th floor. I remember having an argument wit my husband about how most buildings skip the 13th floor. He didn't believe me!
He should know better than to doubt you Kelly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
I saw Wicked a couple of years ago in Providence RI. LOVED it! I'm sure it must be amazing in NYC.
They thought it was simply awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddluvsdisney View Post
The Indian food looked good. I have yet to try Indian food but I'm sure I'd like it.
Oh yes, you must try it! Like I said to Elphie in an earlier post, try a buffet...you'll find out what you like and stuff yourself in the process. It's great!
glennbo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #255
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

You might want to recheck the color of that sleeve and compare it to what Lauren is wearing in the other pictures........
okay okay you are right.

but she did not seperate out the guesses.

so officially two updates.

part one update 1 judy

part two update 1 judy.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
FauntleroyFAN07 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: