Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #1336
Tltorrez
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney0010
I apologize but I did not read through this entire thread. Can anyone tell me if booking a "waterview" room will actually get us a room overlooking the lake? Also how does one go about getting a balcony room?

Thanks for your help.
No. Water just has to be overlooking "water" - that includes the canal and the swimming pools.
Old 07-17-2012, 12:43 PM   #1337
Disney0010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
No. Water just has to be overlooking "water" - that includes the canal and the swimming pools.
Thanks. We just switched from the Beach Club to the Boardwalk. I did request a Boardwalk view but I know that it will depend on the inventory when we arrive.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 03:00 PM   #1338
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tltorrez View Post
If we're talking BWV, then yes, you are correct, but if we are talking BWI, it's a different story. At the Inn, there's a quiet pool out back, but the rooms that face it are considered standard/garden views. Pretty sweet if you ask me (or should I say "suite"...ya know since it's a hotel......anyone?).

ANYWAY...
I would assume that if you're staying in a standard, that is a non-Club Level room, and you've booked a water view, then by George, you're going to be facing the Boardwalk.

The reason I mention non-Club Level, is that standard Club Level rooms can either face the (lovely) inner courtyards/quiet pool or they can face the Boardwalk. It's really a roll of the dice. In fact....and I probably shouldn't breathe this....I'm surprised Disney hasn't separated the Club Level views to charge more for the ones overlooking the Boardwalk.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:40 PM   #1339
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Can anyone confirm where exactly the 10 deluxe CL rooms are? There appear to be 12 windows over Seashore Sweets and Boardwalk Bakery that would fit the bill. I notice that 2 of the doors on the 4th floor don't have any kind of an awning. I'm wondering if those are not Deluxe CL rooms....any ideas?
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #1340
Kaotica
Earning My Ears

Air Freshener

This might sound crazy , but does anyone know what air freshener does the BWI use? Or what is creating the smell inside the resort and rooms? I love that smell!

TIA!
Old 07-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #1341
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
Can anyone confirm where exactly the 10 deluxe CL rooms are? There appear to be 12 windows over Seashore Sweets and Boardwalk Bakery that would fit the bill. I notice that 2 of the doors on the 4th floor don't have any kind of an awning. I'm wondering if those are not Deluxe CL rooms....any ideas?
Five of them are on the 4th floor and five on the 3rd, but I don't have a room number map so I can't offer an exact location, but maybe someone else can.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 07-17-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 05:56 PM   #1342
Disney0010
Mouseketeer

Quote:
If we're talking BWV, then yes, you are correct, but if we are talking BWI, it's a different story. At the Inn, there's a quiet pool out back, but the rooms that face it are considered standard/garden views. Pretty sweet if you ask me (or should I say "suite"...ya know since it's a hotel......anyone?).

ANYWAY...
I would assume that if you're staying in a standard, that is a non-Club Level room, and you've booked a water view, then by George, you're going to be facing the Boardwalk.

The reason I mention non-Club Level, is that standard Club Level rooms can either face the (lovely) inner courtyards/quiet pool or they can face the Boardwalk. It's really a roll of the dice. In fact....and I probably shouldn't breathe this....I'm surprised Disney hasn't separated the Club Level views to charge more for the ones overlooking the Boardwalk.
When I contacted WDW today, I was told that a waterview was indeed on the Boardwalk side but I know that sometimes the posters on DIS know more than the Disney folks. Thanks for clearing this up.
Old 07-18-2012, 06:38 AM   #1343
roydavid7771
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
Would love to hear a little about Jellyrolls. I never hear too much about it. Is it good? Seems to be overlooked.
My wife and I have made it a tradition to spend an evening at Jellyrolls everytime we go down. It's really a lot of fun, the performers do a great job of getting the crowd involved and singing. Staff is very friendly, and everyone leaves with a smile on their face!

2014: Coronado Springs (WDW Marathon Weekend)
2013: Port Orleans Riverside (WDW Marathon Weekend), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Beach Club Villas (Nephew's 1st Visit)
2012: Boardwalk Villas (Our 1st DVC Stay!)
2011: Beach Club, Swan (Honeymoon!)
2010: Pop Century, Wilderness Lodge
2009: Swan
1989: Marriott Orlando World Center
1980: Offsite
1978: Offsite
Old 07-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #1344
Disney0010
Mouseketeer

Quote:

ANYWAY...

I went back to Disney's site and found this so I am expecting a view from the Boardwalk.

Standard Room With Water View

Standard Room with Water View offers views of Disney's Boardwalk and Crescent Lake.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #1345
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney0010 View Post
I went back to Disney's site and found this so I am expecting a view from the Boardwalk.

Standard Room With Water View

Standard Room with Water View offers views of Disney's Boardwalk and Crescent Lake.
In March we were upgraded to a water view room which was over Flying Fish and faced the Villiage Green directly across from Wayland Gallery. We had a partial view of the Boardwalk and Cresent Lake we could see YC and Wishes behind the YC. We could also see and hear the buskers who preformed on the Boardwalk near the boat dock. While not a head on view of Cresent Lake we enjoyed the view just the same

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 07-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #1346
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

I arrive at Disney on Friday at CSR and arrive at BWV next week Thursday.

So my 'vacation nightmares' have begun Anyone else have those?? I get these nightmares about things going wrong. I think it is my way of getting all the 'bad' stuff out of the way in my dreams so that when I arrive, everything is much better. And if something does go 'wrong' it isn't nearly as bad as my dream.

So don't laugh - ok laugh, I can't hear you! - but I dreamt that me, DH, and the kids arrived at BWV and stayed in a 4 bedroom villa (I made it up in my dream!) with all the Golden Girls (I associate them with Disney because of their house on the backlot tour back in the day). And we were staying with Blanche but Rose invited her family to stay too (yup, it was similar to an actual episode that happened), so we were going to have to double/triple up on the beds and sleep on couches. I was so upset that I decided I would pay extra for a 1 bdr villa which I knew would be pricey (think rack rate) and I was crying. Then I found out they didn't have any 1 BDR villas and I started to hyperventilate. And I realized I was staying at CSR first so why was I even at BWV upon arrival??? Whew, crisis averted...in dream land...

Now I'm going to double check my reservations

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #1347
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

So my 'vacation nightmares' have begun Anyone else have those?? I get these nightmares about things going wrong. I think it is my way of getting all the 'bad' stuff out of the way in my dreams so that when I arrive, everything is much better. And if something does go 'wrong' it isn't nearly as bad as my dream.

So don't laugh - ok laugh, I can't hear you! - but I dreamt that me, DH, and the kids arrived at BWV and stayed in a 4 bedroom villa (I made it up in my dream!) with all the Golden Girls (I associate them with Disney because of their house on the backlot tour back in the day). And we were staying with Blanche but Rose invited her family to stay too (yup, it was similar to an actual episode that happened), so we were going to have to double/triple up on the beds and sleep on couches. I was so upset that I decided I would pay extra for a 1 bdr villa which I knew would be pricey (think rack rate) and I was crying. Then I found out they didn't have any 1 BDR villas and I started to hyperventilate. And I realized I was staying at CSR first so why was I even at BWV upon arrival??? Whew, crisis averted...in dream land...

Haha!! Your dreams are awesome, lol. Too funny.

The Golden Girls?? That's a riot.

Hope all goes well with your trip!! And quit stressing about it.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

Old 07-19-2012, 05:17 AM   #1348
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post

Too funny
Old 07-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #1349
weeniecat2442
Mouseketeer

Ladies Trip to Disney 2013

hi everyone! this is my first post on this site. we just booked our ladies trip for march 2013 last week and couldnt be more excited. there are four of us (two mother/daughter sets) and all adults. we have been dreaming of this trip for years and finally are making it happen. we are staying at the Boardwalk in a garden suite, club level. Two of stayed at BWI 4 years ago but never at club level. Any suggestions? Also, what is everyones favorite restaurant on the BW? I was very sad to read that California Grill at Contemporary will be closed for our trip since we were looking forward to starting off our trip with dinner there and drinks on the deck for the firewalks. Any suggestions on a similar experience?? Cant wait to hear peoples advice!!
Old 07-19-2012, 10:50 AM   #1350
jaredandjessica
Earning My Ears

I also had another question, sorry if it's already been asked somewhere but I couldn't find it so far! There will be 8 of us staying in a BWV 2 Bedroom in September - besides what is provided for the 2 actual beds, are there any extra blankets/pillows provided?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: