Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Gift Baskets through Disney Vacation Planning (pics inside)

So many of you may remember that I ordered an In-Room Celebration for our first anniversary last year (pics of which are in my signature). This year, I decided to order a gift basket to have in the room upon our arrival for my husband's birthday.

I decided on Chocolate Lovers Delight which is described as: This basket contains temptations of a dark, sweet nature. Everyone’s favorite, chocolate, manifests itself in several yummy varieties for the sweet tooth in all of us! Recommended for ages 3 to adult.

Here is what it looked like when it was delivered:

And here are all the contents laid out:

There was a bag of chocolate covered raisins, chocolate covered malt balls, and chocolate covered caramel squares, chocolate coins in the shape of a Mickey icon, box of chocolates and a 3-pack of chocolate bars, and a Mickey plush.

Then to apologize for a room issue, the hotel also delivered this basket, which seems like the Mickey's Coffee Club basket. "Guests need not forsake the enjoyment of a good cup of coffee during their stay at the Disneyland Resort. This basket features a bounty of flavored coffee and accompaniments that will satisfy the most distinctive connoisseurs! A very vintage looking Disney mug completes this collection. "

And all the contents laid out:

The same chocolate items as above, with the addition of two cute Mickey travel mugs, a can of coffee, a tin of Disney "Altoids." Chocolate covered espresso beans (in the jar) under Mickey's right foot, some coffee-infused chocolate drops (underneath Mickey's left foot.) and a box of Disney Shortbread Cookies (made by Walkers of Scotland, which are AMAZING.)

The plush in each basket is the same, I actually wound up giving the second plush to a young girl (3 years old maybe?) in our shuttle van on our ride to the airport. Her Mom was so excited and actually teared up, because she said, she didn't get her daughter anything because she ran out of money. (And I am sure everyone can relate to that.) (They had met up with her husband who was in town for a convention.) So of course I teared up too, but it was so exciting to spread some Disney magic to a little girl who said her favorite thing was visiting Mickey at his house!

Here are the two baskets together:

It's a shame, but I had to leave the actual baskets behind because we just had no room.
krispin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #2
jazzatola
Are we there yet???

Thanks for sharing! I love how you gave the plush to the little girl that was very sweet of you!!
jazzatola is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
Girimama33
"I've disgraced the forces of evil."

That is really neat! Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 AM   #4
disneydreamer74
DIS Veteran

Thanks for posting the pics. I ordered the chocolate lovers basket a few years ago and it has changed a little. We also received a bag of pretzels, but did not get the Mickey ears coins. I like that addition! Having now seen the coffee basket I think I may order that! I think it was nice that they sent an extra basket due to the room mix up!
1997-WDW-POR,1998-WDW -offsite,DLR-Aug. 2008-DLH,DLR-July 2009-Hyatt Regency,DLR-Aug.2010-Holiday inn Anaheim-Bella's 4th bday , July 2011-Hotel Menage/FFI, Jan '12- FFI, July '12- FFI, Hojo's/ PPH-June '13. Next trip...Jan. '14- FFI
My family:me-SuperMom and Travel Agent Extraordinairre, 40 DH, 35 our princess DD 7 yrs old
disneydreamer74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
Mary Jo
Techarita
Loves the star on the mountain

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzatola View Post
Thanks for sharing! I love how you gave the plush to the little girl that was very sweet of you!!
I agree!
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:10 PM   #6
disneegrl4eva
now we just need a secret handshake or sign...
...because I'm special like that

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispin41 View Post

And all the contents laid out:

The same chocolate items as above, with the addition of two cute Mickey travel mugs, and a box of Disney Shortbread Cookies (made by Walkers of Scotland, which are AMAZING.)
OMG I ♥ that coffee mug...I HAVE to have it...btw...if you have a Costco near you...you can get a HUGE tin of those shortbread cookies...my aunt gives me and my daughter a smaller tin each for christmas every year...they are dangerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrous!!
Old 07-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #7
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

How much do the baskets cost?

DCP Spring 2016 hopeful!

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
JadeDarkstar
Dis Veteran Pirate dragon mom

ive asked for a list emailed the disney land site three times got nothing yet. would nay one here have a recent list with prices?
JadeDarkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:48 PM   #9
krispin41
DIS Veteran

The smaller basket was $78. I'm not sure how much the bigger one was as it was sent by the hotel to apologise for not getting the room we had requested (three times).
Old 07-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #10
theworldneedscolor
DIS Veteran

Darn, that's a little pricier than I had hoped. I was thinking more like 50 or 60.

DCP Spring 2016 hopeful!

theworldneedscolor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:50 PM   #11
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Also Jade, I have had better luck getting things emailed to me if I call directly and talk to a live person. The Disney Dream Maker phone is 714-781-4438
Old 08-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #12
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

Our first trip is coming up to DL this October. Sadly, I couldn't convince DH to spend the money on an on-site hotel, so we're staying at GNH. Can we do this too? It will be five years in October since we first met and I'd like to do something special as well.

PS: Love the mugs!!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

So the Coffee basket comes with the coffee stuff AND the chocolate stuff too??
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 05:01 PM   #14
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minuet888
So the Coffee basket comes with the coffee stuff AND the chocolate stuff too??
Yes, it had all the same candy, with the addition of the mug and coffee and mints.
Old 09-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #15
krispin41
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliebug1997
Our first trip is coming up to DL this October. Sadly, I couldn't convince DH to spend the money on an on-site hotel, so we're staying at GNH. Can we do this too? It will be five years in October since we first met and I'd like to do something special as well.

PS: Love the mugs!!!!!!
Yes, I believe these can be sent to a GNH, however, they wouldn't be able to set it up in room, but available for pick up at the front desk.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: