Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #1
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

Wish Trip Aniversary Trip

Two years ago we were blessed to be able to take our Haylee on a Make-A-Wish trip to Disney!
She got very sick and we almost lost her shortly after her trip.
This September will be taking her back to celebrate the 2 year anniversary of her trip and to Celebrate her and her life.
Hope you have fun following along as we plan our trip.
Miss Haylee Pre-trip report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2513540
"Wake up Princess"~Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2563916

~ September 2014 – Disney Fantasy ~
~September 2014 – Wilderness Lodge/ Bay Lake Tower
~ September 2014 – Animal Kingdom Resort ~

~ April 2014 – Disney Dream
~ April 2014 – Art of Animation/Caribbean Beach ~~ September 2013 – Shades of Green
~ September 2013 – Art of Animation ~

~ May 2013 – Disney Dream/Shades of Green
~ April 2013 – Shades of Green ~
~ September 2012 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2012 – Swan and Dolphin
~ March 2012 – All Star Movies ~
~ September 2011 – Shades of Green ~
~ April 2011 – All Star Sports
~ September 2010 – Make a Wish ~
~ April 2010 – Shades of Green ~]~ March 2010- Shades of Green
Haybuggsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:15 PM   #2
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

Table of Contents

Table of contents

Introductions

Hungry Much?!?
"Wake up Princess"~Trip Report:http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2563916

~ April 2014 – Art of Animation/Caribbean Beach ~~ September 2013 – Shades of Green

Last edited by Haybuggsmom; 07-17-2012 at 09:48 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

Introductions

Let me introduce our trip members.
First off there is the girl who inspired this trip. Miss Haylee. She was born at a whopping 1lb 11oz. She spent 5 months in the NICU and came home a big 8lbs. She has many medical conditions. CP, Epilepsy, Vision and Hearing Impairment and Muscle Disease just to name a few. She is in a wheelchair and can not talk. We were blessed with a Make-A-Wish Trip in September 2010. In December 2010 she was admitted into the PICU for nonstop seizures and aspirational pneumonia. She ended up there for 5 weeks and she coded twice. We were so excited but scared to bring her home with a trach, ventilator, nurses and millions of meds (including shots and insulin). Since that time she has had her trach removed and scar revision done and is on the path to returning to her old self. She is the reason for this trip. To Celebrate her life and how far she has come and the second anniversary of that special trip.

Then there is Me! Rene'a. I am the 40 something mom of my three fantastic kids. I am currently in the process of getting separated from my husband. But my world is moving and changing in good ways. Because Haylee has nurses to look after her I have just started college and finished my first semester with a 3.667 GPA. I am working towards my LPN Degree. I am really excited to move into a career after all these years. I think my parents also wanted this trip for me a bit. With all the stress going on but also to reward me for my grades. I am blessed with my parents.

Then there are my parents. We were lucky enough to have them with us on Haylee's original trip. Because of the finances they decided to to pay for this trip for us. My mom (Gail) is a stay at home Grandma so she can be there for my sisters and I and our families. My dad (Don) is a vendor for all the commissaries on Oahu (yes Hawaii). He is there each year for a business meeting so it is a great time for us all to go.

I can't go without the mention of my big kids. Jonathan is 22 and Amber is 19. They are both full time college students and they work also. They are Haylee's best friends!! She depends upon them so much to make her laugh and love her when she's sad. They will be staying home for this trip to take care of the animals and to not miss school and work. They are the best kids I could ever ask for!!

We will be staying at Shades of Green as this is where my dad's conference is being held.

We are already so excited and getting busy making plans.

Last edited by Haybuggsmom; 07-17-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
Haybuggsmom
Mouseketeer

Hungry Much?!?

We have our dates planned for September 15-22.
We are a family of Disney addicts. Everyone from my mom to Miss Haylee. I am lucky to get to go on average twice a year. My Amber gets to go at least once a year for cheerleading. She does the cheerleading you see on ESPN. The competition is held at WWS. In fact this year her team was crowned third in the world. Jonathan goes about every other year depending on work and school.
Haylee doesn't go as often because it's hard to travel with her and we are only there a couple of days and running around with the competition schedule. It's amazing how you can still have so much to see and do even though you have been there many times.

One thing we like to do is eat. So the first order of business is to set up meal reservations. This trip I told my mom we are not going to wait till the last minute and have to keep checking for openings.

The big kids are addicted to Tusker House Breakfast!! So this trip we decided to do something different. We decided to do the Hoop-Dee-Doo Review since Haylee loves music and commotion. We thought we would like it too. We have also set up the Fantasmic Dinner Package for Hollywood & Vine. The kids and I went in April. We ate at Mama Melrose's and it was fabulous!! We really liked the show and thought Haylee would enjoy it. No one has been to a princess meal so we decided on Akershus Banquet Hall for a lunch.

I think this raps up the dining plans. But we will see. My mom will probably call me to add more I'm sure!!

Old 08-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #5
kaileighbug
DIS Veteran

Sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun. Hope Haylee has a blast at Hoop De Doo the show looks like alot of fun and energy.
kaileighbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #6
carebearkidney
Mouseketeer

Have you stayed at Shades of Green before? We love it there! (and can't beat the price!) For MK or EPCOT, we walk the 5-10 minute hike across the street to the Poly and jump on the monorail. My six and four year old think it is cooler.
Oh, and my hubby and I did the Hoop dee doo review back during our honeymoon in 2003 - it was a BLAST! I think everyone will enjoy it.
Looking forward to seeing your next plans, we are planning our MAW trip right now. I guess since you have just put the idea in my head...we'll have to plan reunion trips too!

Trick or Treat Trip Oct 11-16th 2014
Shades of Green :

Our MAW PTR
To Kidney - and Beyond!

Our kidney-versary trip - celebrating one year anniversary of kidney transplant!
kidney-versary trip 2011

Kidney-versary trip 2011
MAW trip Feb 17 - 23 2013
carebearkidney is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: