Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The College Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-12-2012, 03:53 PM   #1
TheLand
Love Epcot

Epcot Attractions Blocks-DCP

Hey everybody,

For my Disney College Program I would love to work at Epcot in attractions. I think Spaceship Earth, Test Track, or Living with the Land would be great. I know when you work attractions you work some of them in blocks and have multiple rides. I was wondering if anyone knew what the ride blocks in Epcot ,or any other park for that matter, were. Or has anyone worked at these attractions as a DCP particpant or full time?
TheLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:22 PM   #2
Traveliz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLand View Post
Hey everybody,

For my Disney College Program I would love to work at Epcot in attractions. I think Spaceship Earth, Test Track, or Living with the Land would be great. I know when you work attractions you work some of them in blocks and have multiple rides. I was wondering if anyone knew what the ride blocks in Epcot ,or any other park for that matter, were. Or has anyone worked at these attractions as a DCP particpant or full time?
My daughter worked Mission Space only as a CP and did not cross train anywhere else. She worked Soarin' as part time and full time and I am fairly certain her CP friends there only worked Soarin' and her friends I know that work Living with the Land only worked there . I know her TT friends only worked there and I am not sure about Spaceship Earth but I think that CPs just worked that one attraction only.

As a full timer she is cross trained among some of those attractions (TT, MS, SE and The Seas are in one block). I think Energy is in that block too and then The Land and Imagination are together. One way to tell if you will rotate among attractions as a CP is if the costume is the same .. Fantasyland is an example of that - the costume for those attractions is the same and I know CPs who rotated (in the same day) among those attractions. As a CP in the Future World part of Epcot I am pretty sure its a one attraction deal.

Liz
Traveliz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-12-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
TheLand
Love Epcot

Thanks a lot. I might look around at some of the costumes for the attractions to see which ones are the same.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:39 AM   #4
CassieLo
Earning My Ears

I was a CP at Living with the Land. Living with the Land is part of Future World West, which includes Imagination and Soarin. If you work the boat ride, you'd also work the Circle of Life movie, but not Soarin or Imagination. You'd also do the greeter positions for the Land building, such as standing at the bottom of the hill in front of the building, standing right inside at the sign for the building, and stroller parking.
CassieLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:58 AM   #5
TheLand
Love Epcot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CassieLo View Post
I was a CP at Living with the Land. Living with the Land is part of Future World West, which includes Imagination and Soarin. If you work the boat ride, you'd also work the Circle of Life movie, but not Soarin or Imagination. You'd also do the greeter positions for the Land building, such as standing at the bottom of the hill in front of the building, standing right inside at the sign for the building, and stroller parking.
How did you like working at The Land? Would you recomend it? Did you get to walk around backstage and view the plants and vegetables?
Old 07-13-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
CassieLo
Earning My Ears

I hate to say this, because I really did enjoy my program overall, but based off of my experience, I would not recommend that particular location. However, when I was there there was a lot of stuff going on with managers and I know most of them have been replaced since then, so it could be a very different place to work now. But, one of the drawbacks to the location is that when you're at the building greeting positions you get yelled at by guests a LOT about the no strollers in the building policy and the Soarin wait time. It can be really frustrating when your entire day is spent getting yelled at about things that are completely beyond your control. And those positions, as far as I know, are still boat ride cast positions. Aside from that, working the ride itself was fun and I had good coworkers.

I was in the greenhouses very briefly on one of my days of training, but I didn't get to look around at anything. If you're more interested in the plant side of things, I'd recommend applying for the horticulture internship- professional interns work in the greenhouses and the couple I talked to enjoyed their job.

I should add that some people really love working the boat ride and actually prefer the greeter positions. It's just a matter of preference.
CassieLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #7
TheLand
Love Epcot

thanks a lot. Its great to hear from people who have been there

Tags
attractions, dcp, disney college program, epcot

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: