Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Plan
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #1
emmamc252
Mouseketeer

snack credits for breakfast-your tips please!!!

There are so many posts about all of the amazing snacks and goodies you can get with your snack credits.
I have to admit that I am partial to a frozen lemonade but being sensible I know that last time we were on the DDP a lot o our snacks credits were used on sweets at the end to take back as souveneirs and presents.
This time I am hoping to use our snack credits for breakfasts. We aren't huge eaters, we usually eat cereal or toast and whilst we will do this some days it would be nice to get some nicer/different breakfast ideas that we could get with our snack credits.

We are staying at AKL but will be going to parks most mornins so suggestions from the resort or the parks would be great! We will be there for 15 nights so will be doing all the parks and Blizzard beach.
So, what should I plan for breakfasts???
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
DisneyWitch
Mouseketeer

Cinnamon buns as big as your backside - at MK Bakery on Main Street. They are delicious and are a snack credit!

DisneyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
jennabcassell
Mouseketeer

Were not big eatters in the am either. I sometimes get a bagel with cream cheese- they have toasters! Or toast. There is this great yougurt that has granola and strawberries on top and fruit, pastries/danish, muffins, pop tarts- All for snack credits. At the parks I have seen cinninmon rolls (mk i think). I also bring a box of granola bars and eat them waiting for the bus. You can check at allears.net to see what each place in the parks sells...Have a great trip!

jennabcassell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #4
we3travellers
Mouseketeer

The Mara at AKL has great pastries in the a.m. (croissants, etc.) that we always had for breakfast. Also have cereals as a snack credit, but I believe they no longer include the milk, so it would be extra. Bananas and toast are cheap OOP. Jams, etc. are free. Fruit cups and yogurt can often be had as a dessert from some CS, so saving those for the next morning is also an option.
Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
atisikitabasket
Mom Always Said I was a Little Off

Please don't judge me I am not a big breakfast eater but in Feb me and DS2 were waiting for DH and DS9 to ride their rides first thing in the morning and me and her stopped at sleepy hollow and got a funnel cake to share (my favorite snack credit ever) it was her first one and she loved it but she also had a banana but I didn't (needless to say I am so looking forward to doing this again with her I call it bonding time)

Also like the cinnamon roll and the coffee cake at MK bakery both snack credits. They used to have 2 Krispy Kremes for 1 credit but they didn't have them on our last trip.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
NorweJenNY
Always expanding my knowledge of the World

I say think outside the breakfast box... no snack off limits for breakfast!

We often grabbed a snack at night to save for breakfast in the room the next morning (not typically morning people, so stopping to purchase and eat breakfast in a food court in the morning would waste too much time). My favorite "breakfast" food was probably cheesecake... I mean, it's made with cream cheese and eggs... isn't it common to have eggs for breakfast and cream cheese on a bagel? Sometimes I'd get it with strawberries on top... and that's just a little extra vitamin C to start your day, right? (I realize my justification is starting to remind me of Cosby's Chocolate Cake for Breakfast routine... totally not against the chocolate cake idea either... )

It's vacation... enjoy!

P.S. Your FIFTEEN night stay is totally making me jealous...

April 1996 - Offsite / Dec 2001-Jan 2002-Honeymoon - CBR / Apr 2003 - Off Property / July 2004 - OKW
July 2006 - Offsite / Aug 2007 - POP / May 2008 - OKW / June 2008 - SSR / July 2009 - POR & WL / Sept-Oct 2009 - ASMo
Dec 2009 - POFQ & VWL / Feb 2010 - Offsite / Apr 2010 - Offsite / May 2010 - BCV, SSR, & POFQ / Aug 2011 - POP
Oct 2011 - POR / Dec 2011-10th Anniversary - BWV / Jan 2012 - BCV / May 2012 - AKV
Sept 2012 - POR / Aug 2013 - OKW

Next trip... March 2014 - AKV

NorweJenNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:54 PM   #7
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

My uncle and I aren't real big eaters either. Well, let me qualify that to say we like to eat smaller meals so we can eat more snacks! We would share one CS for breakfast, since we think the breakfast is huge. Sometimes we'd share three meals a day and end up with an extra CS for the day, but we had no problem using up our snacks!
Old 07-18-2012, 07:36 PM   #8
DisneyWitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorweJenNY View Post
(I realize my justification is starting to remind me of Cosby's Chocolate Cake for Breakfast routine... totally not against the chocolate cake idea either... )
1. You are a hoot!

2. Thanks to you, I've been walking around all afternoon singing to myself, "Dad...is...GREAT! He made us choc'lit cake!" You certainly brought back some memories!

DisneyWitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #9
IMGONNABE40!
Okay, I already am 40, but if I were to change my name, how would you know it was me?
Proud owner of a six foot giraffe
Don't be a Doofus!

I usually get a yogurt parfait. They are pretty widely available. I like to check the date to see when they were made...
Old 07-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #10
brymolmom
DIS Veteran

"Dad is great...Gives us the chocolate cake" :)

I will second the chocolate cake idea...but really the cinamon bun idea from Main St bakery. Also the chocolate, chocolate chip muffins from Main St bakery...

My main tip is to think breakfast BEFORE leaving the park the night before. We often grab things on our way out from MK also from EPCOT (awesome selections at German and France bakeries).

Another idea - since you're staying so long - might want to mix it up. We enjoy doing a 'sleep in' day and then we take a leisurely CS breakfast at our resort. Nice break from sweet rolls by having a waffle or eggs and a biscuit for breakfast. Since we eat late - 9:30 or 10 am...We just plan a 'snack for lunch' that day - USUALLY at Fountainview cafe for the ice cream at EPCOT. We have this around 1:00 and then schedule an early big dinner that night around 5:30 or so. Mixes up the credits/snacks nicely for a day or two, we find.
brymolmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #11
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

The cream cheese pretzels or jalapeno pretzels would also be yummy for breakfast! But I would add a piece of fruit OOP.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #12
LynnTH
DIS Veteran

Last time we stayed at AKV. My DD and I would use a snack credit for one of their Chocolate Muffins. They were huge and we would share one and that would work for our breakfast as we are not big breakfast eaters either.
LynnTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
beroh2253
Love Dixie Landings(POR)

Starring Rolls at DHS- some tasty cupcakes and a coffee for breakfast, coffee OOP

1978 July DTD Travelodge Our honeymoon,1995 Sept. Port Orleans, 1996 Sept. Dixie Landings (POR), 1997 Nov. Caribbean Beach, 1998 Nov. Dixie Landings (POR), 2000 June POR, 2001 June POR, 2002 June Animal Kingdom Lodge 2003 May POR 2006 Sept All Star Music (free DDP), 2007 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2008 June POP (DS grad from PENN), 2008 Sept. POP (free DDP), 2009 Oct. POP (free DDP pin), 2010 Oct. POR Riverside (Dixie), 2011 June POP & Aug POP, 2012 Oct. still to come POP
beroh2253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #14
NorthernBuckeye
Mouseketeer

Last time we stayed at a value resort in 2008, I seem to remember you could get fruit, bottled water, and a something else (like a bagel, pancake, eggs, cereal) all for one snack credit. Am I crazy to remember that? Has it changed? Thank you.
NorthernBuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #15
sharonabe
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernBuckeye View Post
Last time we stayed at a value resort in 2008, I seem to remember you could get fruit, bottled water, and a something else (like a bagel, pancake, eggs, cereal) all for one snack credit. Am I crazy to remember that? Has it changed? Thank you.
You can probably still get most of those for a snack credit, but EACH ONE would cost their own snack credit. You can't get 3 items together for one credit.
sharonabe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: