Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 01:32 PM   #2716
Crazy Kanga
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
Will they fill your mug with coffee here?
If I remember correctly, Cafe Rix is the only place to refill your coffee mug. Not 100% sure about that though.
Old 07-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #2717
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifferf00 View Post
Will they fill your mug with coffee here?
yes they will as well as the Dig Site and Cafe Rix.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-16-2012, 02:42 PM   #2718
Haileys Nana
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momto2inKC View Post
I was just looking over the conventionnlist and see that one has been added whenni'll be there- Nov 29- Dec 2 NCA/NDA Christmas Extravaganza
Does this mean what I think? We the resort be full of Pop Warner cheerleaders? Anyone been there when this convention is and can give some thoughts?
We were ar CSR last Nov/Dec during the NCA/NDA convention. I had dreaded the Pop/Warner type of behavior too. Let me assure you this is a differnt group. We didnt hear any noise from this group all week and barely saw them because they are in buildings practicing routines for the parade much of the time. When we did encounter them on the bus and at Cafe Rix they were very polite. These are mostly high school and college age girls and definitely werent brats. Go and have a wonderful time. CSR is a great resort.
Old 07-16-2012, 02:54 PM   #2719
momto2inKC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haileys Nana

We were ar CSR last Nov/Dec during the NCA/NDA convention. I had dreaded the Pop/Warner type of behavior too. Let me assure you this is a differnt group. We didnt hear any noise from this group all week and barely saw them because they are in buildings practicing routines for the parade much of the time. When we did encounter them on the bus and at Cafe Rix they were very polite. These are mostly high school and college age girls and definitely werent brats. Go and have a wonderful time. CSR is a great resort.
Awesome, thanks for sharing some first hand experience!! We are looking forward to CSR so much we will have our car so we don't plan on using the busses much at all.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #2720
twojay
Earning My Ears

My family will be checking into CSR on Monday, Dec 10! We're driving, and our ETA is about 1:15PM. After checking in, will we be able to make it to MK in time from the 3PM parade? We don't reall unpack, so if our room is available, all we'd be doing is dropping our bags there before heading to the bus stop.

The last time checking into a Disney resort, Port Orleans, seemed to take forever, but I was 14, so "forever" may not have been terribly long.
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM   #2721
HLAuburn
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojay View Post
My family will be checking into CSR on Monday, Dec 10! We're driving, and our ETA is about 1:15PM. After checking in, will we be able to make it to MK in time from the 3PM parade? We don't reall unpack, so if our room is available, all we'd be doing is dropping our bags there before heading to the bus stop.

The last time checking into a Disney resort, Port Orleans, seemed to take forever, but I was 14, so "forever" may not have been terribly long.
Have you thought about online check in? That way, your paperwork is all ready to go - it's just a matter of picking up your package and you're on your way! In my experince, the "regular" check in line always much longer and the online check in line is short and moves much faster. I really don't know what the disadvantage is and why everyone doesn't do it!

You should be able to check-in in 15 min, an hour and a half *should* be enough time to make it to the parade.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:28 PM   #2722
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I got an amazing deal for Grand Floridian and upgraded... But a big part of me will miss CSR...
Old 07-16-2012, 06:51 PM   #2723
Halloween Baby
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbcdb View Post
Hi! Actually, I'm not in Denton. I'm 10 minutes out, too, in Providence Village. I just put Denton because I thought no one would know where PV is. But come to think of it, no one out of DFW knows where Denton is, either!
HA! I'm in Paloma Creek!! We really are neighbors!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StitchandPooh'sMom View Post
4. There is a walk-up window at Pepper Market next to the entrance. There is a picture in this post:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...09&postcount=5
Thanks! I saw that picture but assumed it was part of Cafe Rix. I like that there's another option!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskdw View Post
Stitchandpoohsmom anwsered the other questions.

The best place at CSR to see the EPCOT fireworks is from the 4th floor in Casitas 4. We had a room up there last time and it was great. If you aren't comfortable going up there and standing in front of someone else's room there are some benches in front of Casitas 4 by the lagoon which should have decent views as well. Its nothing like watching from Martinique 25 at CBR where you can see the medium and high ones, but still entertaining!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
As saskdw mentioned, casita 4 facing the lake is best for IlliumiNations and casita 5 (upper floors) facing the ranchos section is best for Wishes.

You can also see these from the seating area by the laguna bar behind El Centro but just the high ones.
Thanks for the advice! I'm sure with an almost 2 year old, we'll be back at the resort most nights by the time the fireworks are going off, but I thought maybe I could take walks with my 9 year old and at least see a few!

Today, I actually added an extra day on the end of our stay at ASMu. Can we just call/bring our bags to bell services and they'll take them to ASMu for us? Do we need to go check-in to the new hotel or can we go to the parks and show up late that night?

Old 07-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #2724
cjsm&d
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
If I remember correctly, Cafe Rix is the only place to refill your coffee mug. Not 100% sure about that though.
They'll fill it at Siestas at the main pool, at meals at PM, and I think at the Laguna bar...
Old 07-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #2725
Mater246
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
They'll fill it at Siestas at the main pool, at meals at PM, and I think at the Laguna bar...
Yes but I can't remember if they have coffee at the Laguna bar.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:24 PM   #2726
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Kanga View Post
So, in the morning, on the way to the bus, we usually (when we stayed at the Values) went through the QS restaurant and I got a Coke and DH got more coffee.

So what I am guessing, the only place to do this is Cafe Rix? Is there a walk up machine, or is it all behind the counter?

If it's behind the counter, do you have to wait in line, behind people buying breakfast?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:43 PM   #2727
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjsm&d View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mater246 View Post
Yes but I can't remember if they have coffee at the Laguna bar.
But are these places open at 7 or 8 in the morning?

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 PM   #2728
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So, in the morning, on the way to the bus, we usually (when we stayed at the Values) went through the QS restaurant and I got a Coke and DH got more coffee.

So what I am guessing, the only place to do this is Cafe Rix? Is there a walk up machine, or is it all behind the counter?

If it's behind the counter, do you have to wait in line, behind people buying breakfast?
The pop and coffee machines are NOT behind the counter where you get the food. You should be fine.
Old 07-16-2012, 10:57 PM   #2729
lmbcdb
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
The pop and coffee machines are NOT behind the counter where you get the food. You should be fine.
AWESOME! Thank you. I've read that place is busy in the morning.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:21 PM   #2730
saskdw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
AWESOME! Thank you. I've read that place is busy in the morning.
The trick is to go in through the exit, this is where all the drinks are. You can fill your mug and be gone without fighting your way through the morning line up.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: