Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #11
SCMouseFans
Earning My Ears

Saturday, July 7th!

I am an insanely early riser on vacation, so I woke around 6 AM and decided to walk around and head to the lobby for the free hot breakfast. At times I was the only person in the room. The breakfast was good, and included sausage, eggs, a waffle maker and a variety of breads, bagels, donuts, muffins, yogurt and cold cereals. I spent a while catching up on my travel journal, then walked down to Ron Jon Surf Shop and back. I snuck back in the room and read until my husband and son woke up.

Once they woke and got dressed it was back to the lobby for their breakfast. At this point (around 8 AM) the large room for breakfast was very crowded. There was still a good supply of everything, but it was hard to get to the different stations due to the crowd.

We headed back to our room where we took our time getting ready and repacking our bags. After loading the car we checked out and walked over to Ron Jon Surf Shop. That place is huge and definitely worth checking out. There is a water fountain inside where my son and I made wishes. I wished for a great cruise. My wish definitely came true!

We decided it was time to head over to the port. The Carnival Dream was blocking our view for a while, but finally, there she was!

As I've mentioned, we've sailed on the Dream, so we know how big these ships are, but the Fantasy is still magnificent, stunning and HUGE when you first see her! I was so excited to know this would be our home for the next week!

Our scheduled arrival time was 12:30-1PM. We pulled up at 11:45. We were directed to a porter where we unloaded our luggage, then we parked in the garage on the first level. The ground level entrance to the terminal looked very crowded, so we went up the elevator to the 3rd floor walkover. The security area on that level was deserted, so we were through security and inside the terminal in less than a minute. We quickly filled out a health form and walked to the "Castaway Club" line. There was no line so we went straight to a CM who quickly checked us in, handed us our lanyards and boarding number and sent us on our way. We had boarding number 21 and they called 19 as we walked away from the counter.

Captain Mickey was out and my son really wanted to meet him, so we hopped in line. While we were waiting (only a few minutes) they called our boarding number. We took a few pictures with Mickey, grabbed our carry ons and headed through the Mickey ears to begin our best vacation ever!

I think my son's face in this pic accurately expresses the excitement we were all feeling!

We were announced by our Cruise Director, Brent Davies, and directed to Enchanted Garden for lunch. We ate at Cabana's on the dream, so Enchanted Garden is where I planned to go anyway. We were seated at one of the coveted round tables. When we first arrived there was a bit of a line for the buffet, but within minutes the line was gone and there was no wait for food. The food was all good. There is, of course, a limited selection compared to what you would find at Cabanas, but we liked having drink service and the chance to take our time and enjoy the beautiful restaurant.

To give you and idea of how fast things were moving in the terminal - we drove up at 11:45 and at 12:05 I was sitting in Enchanted Garden with a plate of food, so we were on board in no time, it seems to me!

Up next - our room, checking out the ship and SAILING AWAY!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: