Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Orlando Hotels and Attractions
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2012, 09:05 AM   #46
khertz
Proud member of the WHO DAT NATION!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroKU View Post
More than likely, we will be driving in from Sanford airport, rather than MCO (flights out of our city only go to Sanford). That airport is about 1 hour from WBC. It looks like I can rent a car from Avis for just that day for about $50 and return it to the Hilton at DTD. That will also allow us to stop for groceries on the way in. I'm assuming a cab would be pretty expensive and the car service for round trip is about $300.
Have you considered keeping the rental for the duration of the trip? It is so easy to get to all 4 parks from WBC! The buses run on a schedule, so if you miss it, you are waiting at least 30 minutes (if not longer in the middle of the day) for another bus. We found parking at the parks and taking the tram (if necessary, we were usually parked close enough to walk) to be no less convenient than taking the WBC shuttle since they drop you off much further away than the Disney buses do. Just a suggestion.
JULY 1994 // Offsite & Universal Studios & Busch Gardens | APRIL 1998 // All Star Music & Universal Studios |FEBRUARY 2001 // All Star Music & Universal | MARCH 2003 // All Star Music & Universal // Hard Rock Hotel | FEBRUARY 2004 // All Star Music & Universal // Royal Pacific & Sea World | OCTOBER 2007 (Disneymoon!) // Port Orleans French Quarter & Universal Studios // Royal Pacific | DECEMBER 2009 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/ TR | JULY/AUGUST 2010 // Wyndham Cypress Palms TR | NOVEMBER 2011 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | MAY 2012 // Disneyland // Wyndham Dolphin's Cove TR | AUGUST 2012 // Disneyland 5 Year Anniversary Trip // Peacock Suites TR | OCTOBER 2012 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek PTR/TR | OCTOBER 2013 // Wyndham Bonnet Creek & Universal // Royal Pacific PTR/"I Wanna See My Castle!" October 2013 TR | MAY 2014 // Wilderness Lodge
khertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #47
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Bump still looking for tips! With reports of damaged furniture in some units I'm a little worried. I'm thinking about just requesting water view with a room with new furnishings.

Any more helpful ideas from anyone who has stayed recently?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-02-2012, 10:56 PM   #48
chuchujew
Earning My Ears

subscript

Hi all, just want to subscript to this.

meDH DS 9 DS 5
chuchujew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:31 PM   #49
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuchujew View Post
Hi all, just want to subscript to this.
Yay!! Glad you joined us!
Old 07-11-2012, 06:09 PM   #50
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer

Cabana Rentals

Just reading some today and I saw this post from Nancy155. She had called about renting a cabana at WBC.

She was told yes she could reserve one and it would be $50 for use from 9am until 10pm!

That's something that may be helpful to others.
Old 07-11-2012, 09:56 PM   #51
nancy155
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
Just reading some today and I saw this post from Nancy155. She had called about renting a cabana at WBC.

She was told yes she could reserve one and it would be $50 for use from 9am until 10pm!

That's something that may be helpful to others.
Yes I reserved it for July 29th and I called two days ago to make the request. They took my name and said all I had to do was go to the activities desk at either building (6 or the main bldg) to pick up the reservation as it would be there waiting for me and billed to my credit card on file with the resort!
Nice!!!

Me , DS
nancy155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #52
Candleshoe
Trying to build a better mousetrap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
1.) Just a side note, it has been reported that if you use a taxi to go to a theme park, they charge the fee to park there too. Insane!! One way to get around the parking fee - get dropped off at a Disney resort and take their bus. Seems time consuming though.
Of course if you are going to MK, get dropped off at a monorail resort and it's no more time-consuming than the TTC

And for Epcot, get dropped off at Beach Club to go into the World Showcase (bit of a walk, but not bad)... or drop off at BW and enjoy a walk on the Board Walk (and the entertainment in the afternoon).

I believe HS has a boat from BC/BW etc

You can walk to Epcot from the Swalphin too.
Old 07-15-2012, 08:59 PM   #53
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

We've just started tentatively planning a trip for about this time next year. WBC is at the top of my places to stay list based on the great things I've read about it here.

Question about the shuttles: Do they run every 30 minutes or every hour (I've read both)? How long does it take to get to the parks or back from the parks? What time do they start running in the morning and when do they stop at night?

We'll have a car but there might be as many as six of us going and the shuttle gives us the option of not having to all leave the parks if some of us want to take a mid-day break but the others don't.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #54
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

My technological limitations are showing. I can't figure how how to post something that was in another thread.

Greg, on page 124, post 1860 of the "We looooove Bonnet Creek, Part 2" thread, there are pictures of the shuttle schedule from our February trip. It seems to be a pretty basic schedule that they run all the time, and you can see that additional buses are scheduled for the busy periods (like the week after we were there, which was school vacation week). There was another schedule posted more recently, but I can't remember where it is. It was virtually identical to this one, though, so I think you could pretty much rely on it.
jaysmom4285 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 05:00 AM   #55
Grog
Semper Gumby
Loves to ride the riverboats
"What is Steel, Compared to the hand that wields it?"

Thanks
Old 07-16-2012, 09:14 AM   #56
AeroKU
Mouseketeer

My in-laws were at BC last week and SIL texted my wife saying that they do not allow strollers on the shuttles to the parks. I thought that I had read somewhere that they do allow strollers on the shuttles, so now I'm confused. Can anyone confirm that they do allow shuttles to be brought on the shuttles to the parks? Seems pretty odd that they would not allow strollers to be brought on the shuttles.