DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC-Mousecellaneous
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
Maliki2
DIS Veteran

Just saw a DVC commercial!

Awesome...so excited that they are promoting finally!
'12 Jambo - Sons first birthday trip!, '13 Kidani,
'14 Jambo

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
WilsonFlyer

DIS Veteran

WKRP in Cincinnati??? Where???
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-14-2012, 10:58 PM   #3
sara mom
Mouseketeer

Was it the 30 minute long one that features 3 or 4 families and how they use their membership? One family did an Adventure by Disney, one family had small kids, and another were empty nesters that brought the whole dang family to a GV at BLT. That one has been running on the Travel Channel (I think) for at least 2-3 weeks...usually 7:30 or 8am EST.
sara mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
PalVal
Mouseketeer

I was filmed in the large family that stayed in the grand villa! We were the empty nest family who now bring our children and grandchildren. There were 9 of us total. It was an amazing experience. They recently updated the show to include a new family in Hawaii now that the building is complete. They must be getting sales from it because it has been on TV for about two years. Glad you liked it...
PalVal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
quirty30
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalVal View Post
I was filmed in the large family that stayed in the grand villa! We were the empty nest family who now bring our children and grandchildren. There were 9 of us total. It was an amazing experience. They recently updated the show to include a new family in Hawaii now that the building is complete. They must be getting sales from it because it has been on TV for about two years. Glad you liked it...
Val, I think they turned it into a regular 60 second commercial (maybe even a little longer than that.) I just saw it on our local cable channel CLTV (and I'm pretty sure it's you saying something to the effect of, "it's the best decision we made for our family vacations, hands down.")
Old 07-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #6
BestDadEver
New DVC Member

I haven't watch a commercial since I got my DVR

BestDadEver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:35 PM   #7
PalVal
Mouseketeer

That sounds like something I might say...very cool! Thanks for letting me know. It hasn't shown up in New Hampshire, although the infomercial was on National Geographic station last week at 6:30 a.m.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:56 PM   #8
Nikisha421
i'm the mom thats hoping and praying that my Disney Princess never grows too old for all things Disney...here's to Disney LOVE

I suppose this now means DVC will no longer be disneys best kept secret....

Nikisha421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 PM   #9
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Hey PalVal! My family was the Hawaii family at Aulani! We patterned our color choices after your family's. You all were so eye catching in your brights! I haven't seen the 60 second commercial but others I know have.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:38 PM   #10
magicaldisney
DIS Veteran

We also saw a 60 second commercial last night around 11:00 p.m. I was so surprised. It was a very nice commercial and nice to see DVC presented.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #11
PalVal
Mouseketeer

Your family was beautiful in your bright colors! We didn't know until about a week before we left for our vacation that we were chosen, so we had limited shopping time. My husband and my son-in-law showed up with the same colored shirt, so we had to make a wardrobe change real fast! Your family did an excellent job! I enjoyed your segment very much.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #12
RayMusicCityUSA
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikisha421 View Post
I suppose this now means DVC will no longer be disneys best kept secret....
There was a 1 hour 'commercial' when they made membership in DVC the 'grand prize' on America's Funniest Home Videos
RayMusicCityUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:05 PM   #13
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Your family was beautiful in your bright colors! We didn't know until about a week before we left for our vacation that we were chosen, so we had limited shopping time. My husband and my son-in-law showed up with the same colored shirt, so we had to make a wardrobe change real fast! Your family did an excellent job! I enjoyed your segment very much.
My DH had to make a wardrobe change as well because he wore a shirt with a tiny logo that was the same color as the shirt the day of his interview. He wound up with an Aulani shirt that he loves. Your segment was playing in Aulani when we were there and on the Fantasy when we sailed.
mamaprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:12 PM   #14
PalVal
Mouseketeer

I doubt that I will ever see the 60 second commercial. All they ever play are political ads in NH... Does the 60 second ad show my grandchildren? That's all I really care about!!!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #15
dallastxcpa
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaprincess View Post
My DH had to make a wardrobe change as well because he wore a shirt with a tiny logo that was the same color as the shirt the day of his interview. He wound up with an Aulani shirt that he loves. Your segment was playing in Aulani when we were there and on the Fantasy when we sailed.
Quote:
I doubt that I will ever see the 60 second commercial. All they ever play are political ads in NH... Does the 60 second ad show my grandchildren? That's all I really care about!!!
How fun two DISer's in that promotional program. Of all the Disney stuff I have seen this is one I've missed. Val I remember when you were selected and you posting on the boards. I am going to have to search my cable listings and DVR the program. Do you know the exact title of the show?

Thanks - Lorrie

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: