DVC RESALES
DVC RESALES

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Vacation Club > DVC Member Services
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
bounceliketigger
DIS Veteran

Aulani 7 months out?

Hi folks. Wondering how tough it is to book Aulani 7 months out, since it's not our home? Any advice, other than adding points there? Lol
Thanks!

"I just started running. Then I thought, since I ran this far, I might as well keep on going. Then after a while I thought, well, I've gone this far, I might as well go some more."
bounceliketigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 06:11 AM   #2
nordkin
DIS Veteran

I had no trouble booking 7 months out. We are going in Janaury 2013 and all room types were available when I went online to book it at 8AM excatly 7 months out. I needed 8 days so I called MS later in the day and they added the last day for me.
nordkin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 AM   #3
bounceliketigger
DIS Veteran

We want to go in July 2013, so hopefully i'll do ok!

"I just started running. Then I thought, since I ran this far, I might as well keep on going. Then after a while I thought, well, I've gone this far, I might as well go some more."
bounceliketigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
zeferjen
Mother Knows Best

We are hoping for November 2013!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:04 AM   #5
wdrl
DIS Veteran

The only time I've noticed any problems with availability at the 7-month mark was for the period around mid-June. In 2012, Aulani changed from the Choice Season to the more expensive Magic season on June 27. I think a lot of people were trying to save points by booking right before the season switched, resulting in some accommodations being unavailable in mid June. My sister booked a 1-bedroom for 6/15-21/2012 right at 7 months, and she was told by the CM at MS that she was getting the last 1-bedroom for those 6 nights.

Good luck!
Old 07-15-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
mdsd8700
It's kind of fun to do the impossible

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdrl View Post
The only time I've noticed any problems with availability at the 7-month mark was for the period around mid-June. In 2012, Aulani changed from the Choice Season to the more expensive Magic season on June 27. I think a lot of people were trying to save points by booking right before the season switched, resulting in some accommodations being unavailable in mid June. My sister booked a 1-bedroom for 6/15-21/2012 right at 7 months, and she was told by the CM at MS that she was getting the last 1-bedroom for those 6 nights.

Good luck!
We were members looking to save points and we went this past June before the more expensive Magic Season started. We didn't have any problems getting a reservation exactly at 7 months for our trip for June 6-13. However there were many posts around this time that some did have issues or had to WL.

All Who Come To This Happy Place Welcome,
mdsd8700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:11 PM   #7
Debbie Jean
DIS Veteran

Just booked DD's honeymoon for February 2013 Called at exactly 7 months and all views were available.
Old 07-15-2012, 06:50 PM   #8
beachclub
Mouseketeer

seeing that its a ghost town there all year round, sure you wont have any issue getting in at 7 months....If you tried at 5, 4 , or even 3 months months you would prob still get it, heck you could prob even get next week if you want. dont quote me on that one...prob an exxageration on the week out..
beachclub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 08:20 PM   #9
Waseller77
Mouseketeer

I booked Aulani today for Feb. 15, 2013 at exactly 7 months (8am) online. I got what I was looking for - a studio, Island Gardens View. Out of curiousity, I checked tonight to see if there was still availability - both standard view and island garden view studios are now unavailable on the 15th. Glad I booked first thing this morning! It is President's Day weekend (the 15th is the Friday before), so that probably has something to do with it...
Old 07-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
TravelingJen24
DVC Member

We booked feb. 10-17 2013 right at 7 months and didn't have a problem. Tool a look yesterday and four of the days are booked. I think it should'nt be a problem on opening day but I wouldn't wait too long after that otherwise you may end up on the dreaded wait list. Yikes.
TravelingJen24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
rdyke
Earning My Ears

difficulty booking at the 7 month mark

I wanted to book a two bedroom DVC villa for sometime during the month of July, 2012. I attempted to do so at the 7 month mark with absolutely no luck. I called every day for over a month. I was finally able to book the room that I wanted for the middle of this August.
rdyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 02:01 PM   #12
shoedude1971
Earning My Ears

We booked 7 months out and had no problem....(although after receiving word of the impending expansion, I wish we would have waited! )
shoedude1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #13
dianeschlicht
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
DIS Earth Angel :)
I promise not to plot against the showering
today I can only think of bubbles :o

I recently booked a 1 bedroom Ocean View 7 months out for next February with no issues whatsoever. Lots of availability in that category anyway.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: