|07-14-2012, 12:26 AM||#10|
Has been known to mix up her sugar and her salt!
Owns 5 pairs of red socks
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Zealand
Back from our double dip, had a blast! Best serving team yet, really fabulous, and food was much better than on the January '11 PC.
Will do again:
- Skip "re-run" shows. We skipped Golden Mickeys this time, and really enjoyed the quieter evening on our balcony.
- Sleep in longer and stay up later. There wasn't too much going on for us in the mornings, and we didn't miss breakfast with the abundance of food aboard on the days that we sleepily waved our arms and rolled over for a few more hours shut eye. We enjoyed more of the evening entertainment in the clubs at the other end of the day.
- Pack light. This time I took an 18 kilo suitcase (last time had 2 x 20 kilos). Didn't miss anything I left behind.
- Speak up about unsatisfactory service. Last cruise, there was a server who annoyed me with her lax attitude and service, but we didn't speak up and it irritated me the whole cruise. This cruise, we had a lax stateroom host, and the floor housekeeping manager was excellent about fixing things when I put in a complaint on day 2. I feel much better about this experience.
- Re-book on board. It's much easier leaving the boat behind when you already have another one to look forward to
- Hyatt. We always arrive late at night due to international flight timings, and MCO Hyatt is perfect! Breakfast is reasonably priced too.
- Go to the DVC celebration on day one. Free mimosas, hurrah!
- Use those aerosol sunscreens. I followed the directions perfectly, enlisted help to ensure 100% coverage, re-applied as I should, etc, and still ended up with painful sunburn. I guess I'm too pale, and have to stick with tried and true rub on cream sunscreen!
- Dinner cocktails. Never as good as their descriptions (and is it me or are they always much smaller measures than similarly priced drinks at the bars?)
- Welcome bottle of sparkling wine & chocolates, welcome packages in general. We've tried a couple of "welcome" packages now and there's always so much going on that first evening, we don't really need anything else extra.
- Pre-booked spa treatments. The daily packages offered on board were much better value.
- Three cruises totalling 24 nights...and we still haven't swum in any pools on board, except for a dip in the Rainforest spa on the Dream! Slackers!
Planned: EBPC (Wonder), VGF Sept '14
DCL: EBTA '13(Magic), 5N '12(Dream), WBPC '11(Wonder), 4N '09(Wonder); WDW: '12(SSR/AKV); '11(POFQ), '09(POR), '08(POR), '07(POR), '05x2(Popx2); HKD: '11(Offsite), '09x2(Offsite,HH); TDR: '08(Offsite); DL: '13(GC), '98(Offsite)
|Display Modes||Rate This Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|2011 fax requested cruise on Future Cruise section of Castaway Club||koppeserj||Disney Cruise Line Forum||0||09-18-2009 08:55 AM|
|Wishes cruise vs Illumination cruise vs no cruise||krisleee||Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies||13||04-13-2009 05:46 PM|
|Cruise sales director on Magic (3 days ago) stated:Europe cruise prices available 4/4||seema||Disney Cruise Line Forum||5||03-26-2006 09:38 AM|
|Disney Cruise Line bumps all people off Oct 28th cruise.....Updated:response from DCL||Nick@ VB+OKW||Purchasing DVC||49||05-05-2004 03:49 PM|
|Cruise Veterans - Would you cruise DCL again or choose another cruise line?||4cruisin||Disney Cruise Line Forum||15||10-29-2002 11:08 PM|