Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 10:02 PM   #2536
scott2997
DIS Dad#543
You trying for ownage?!
I'm not sure what I'll be tied up in at home tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204

Which I see you took one of today...

So funny story DW asked me if I wanted to go out for dinner tonight, so we did.

And guess you we randomly ran into.

That's right a DISDad meet happened at Moxie's Grill.
Who is that handsome devil sitting next to you Brian?

Dis Dads Member #543

April 2012 Spring Break TR

Trips:April 2014 (BLT), January 2014 (CBR), January 2013 (OKW), April 2012 (BLT)
MK Only (1 day visits) - 2013, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008
Offsite - 2013, 2005, 1990
Old 07-13-2012, 10:03 PM   #2537
disdadIL
DIS Dad #711
Big Trouble in Little Suburbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy

Welcome. There was a recruiting trip a month ago and another one is scheduled 2013. Saw you over on the SSR DVC Thread, as a fellow SSR owner. Tell us a little bit about yourself and Disney vacations.
I'm now an SSR owner. My name's Sean. I am a single dad (never been married, not gonna either). DD is four and I've had her since birth. We're northern Illinoisans.

My first Disney vacation was in 1994 with my family. I was 21. After that, I finished putting myself through law school. Though Disney vacations (let alone other ones) didn't occur for a while, Disney was always a big part of life. So since then:

March 2011- DD, me, and family babysitter went to WDW. Before I owned SSR, we were Pop Century lodgers. Great time. DD's first trip. trip included Seaworld and Universal.

August 2011- D23 Expo and everyone's first trip to Disneyland. Though I prefer WDW, Disneyland has a special place in my heart now.

Thanksgiving 2011- got an unexpected bonus. Never saw WDW at holidays so DD and I went for an amazing adventure. Christmas at Seaworld rocked as well.

May 2011- DD, me, and grammy went to WDW over mother's day. 4day adventure. Then we went for our first cruise ever, and on DCL, 3 nights on the Dream. Awesome!!!!

We are on the Wonder for the 7night eastern caribbean cruise leaving December 23rd.

I might be infecting my daughter with a Disney obsession.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 10:04 PM   #2538
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott2997 View Post
Who is that handsome devil sitting next to you Brian?
Not sure, but Norm doesn't want me cleaning up for him...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #2539
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Scott and his lovely family, came up to Canada for the weekend. We will all be going to Canada's Wonderland tomorrow.

I guess his girls knew why they were coming up, but didn't realize we'd be joing them.

So we are sitting at dinner, and Scott's oldest DD asked my DS "Are you coming to wonderland with us?"

To which he answered "Yes".

Then without missing a beat she said.... "Oh good, then I am going to catch you and tickle you"

Was nice having dinner with you nemesis... but only because your family balances you out.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 07-13-2012, 10:29 PM   #2540
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

[QUOTE=disdadIL;45475688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
[COLOR=Black]
Below are links to various places that are of interest to our club (in no particular order). If I've missed something or you have additional links you'd like included in this list, send a PM to Emma's Dad.

DIS Dad's meets (pics or it didn't happen):

Do you ever have DDC Dad meets on DCL?
I think I qualify as a DIS dad
Just recenlty had some DisDads on Fantasy June 16
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #2541
GoHerd1028
DDC 172
"Insert clever tag fairy saying here"
You really think I'm clever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdadIL View Post
I'm now an SSR owner. My name's Sean. I am a single dad (never been married, not gonna either). DD is four and I've had her since birth. We're northern Illinoisans.

My first Disney vacation was in 1994 with my family. I was 21. After that, I finished putting myself through law school. Though Disney vacations (let alone other ones) didn't occur for a while, Disney was always a big part of life. So since then:

March 2011- DD, me, and family babysitter went to WDW. Before I owned SSR, we were Pop Century lodgers. Great time. DD's first trip. trip included Seaworld and Universal.

August 2011- D23 Expo and everyone's first trip to Disneyland. Though I prefer WDW, Disneyland has a special place in my heart now.

Thanksgiving 2011- got an unexpected bonus. Never saw WDW at holidays so DD and I went for an amazing adventure. Christmas at Seaworld rocked as well.

May 2011- DD, me, and grammy went to WDW over mother's day. 4day adventure. Then we went for our first cruise ever, and on DCL, 3 nights on the Dream. Awesome!!!!

We are on the Wonder for the 7night eastern caribbean cruise leaving December 23rd.

I might be infecting my daughter with a Disney obsession.
It is great to have you join us Sean!!
DisDads Club Member #172
DH Steve (47) DW Shari (47) DS Ethan (9) DD Lauren (8)
Old 07-13-2012, 10:33 PM   #2542
Venomhatch
DisDads #708
Cast Member - Resort
It's a growing curiosity
I got carted off in the meat wagon

Location: Originally from Newport News, VA but Home is Kissimmee, FL

Good night guys. I'm out like a light.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #2543
SAHDad
DIS Veteran

Didn't post earlier this evening, but we lost power for a few hours. Either a tree fell on a transformer, or one imploded. Couldn't get past the fire truck hosing down the bonfire of dead grass (didn't really try, either - not that foolish, especially with the kids in the car), but we were without power for a few hours. Had no water either, more or less - in retrospect, it's obvious why - water pressure has been low due to higher use, and when they hooked up the hoses, it dropped to almost zero.

Kids got an extra treat (going out to dinner), and then swimming in the neighbors pool. We got the extra treat of spending a ridiculous amount of money replacing windows - not connected to today, but they needed replacing, and the appointment to have someone come give an estimate was today.

On the plus side, we finally had rain. On the minus side, it lasted for only 20 minutes or so, and probably was not more than 1/8". I'll catch up on all the posts later. Probably. Possibly.

Or I might just have a couple of drinks, and ignore the whole thing.

Current running streak - 2017 days in a row. Yearly mileage to date: 179.1. Last update: 2/25/14.

All runners are equal. Some however, are apparently more equal than others.
Old 07-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #2544
wasnotafan
DIS Dad #481
Unfortunately my smartphone is smatter than I am
All that fresh air over the years has done me good

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAHDad View Post
... I'll catch up on all the posts later. Probably. Possibly.

Or I might just have a couple of drinks, and ignore the whole thing.
+1

Beverly of a day. 15 hours 5 of which were in the car so I could give an 8 minute presentation.

Throw in some office politics and it has been interesting.

Good news is DS is coming back with me on my next trip north. Bad news is I still haven't finished the summer cleaning and disposing of uneeded stuff yet and once he arrives I won't be able to. Part of the disposal is also a jug of wine. I was on track to finish the last liter in a month but only have two weeks to do it now. Given my day I will probably try to get back on pace.
Sept/Oct 06 - POR Riverside Alligator Bayou
July 08 - POR Riverside Magnolia Bend
Old 07-14-2012, 01:20 AM   #2545
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Gah...Amelia is being dropped off around noon tomorrow. I forgot to load up a digital picture frame for MIL. Spent a couple of hours prepping it, then accidently removed it mid-loading. Had to re-do the whole thing. Now after 2 just getting it done. No time in AM with doctor and dropping Audrey off for her last day of daycare. Oh well, can sleep up north.
good work. hope you got some sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisDadDoc View Post
Another great podcast recording last night!

Also spent about 3 hours sorting through more than 3000 photos from our last trip! Figured I needed to get the photo book together since we're already actively planning our next trip!
you do another podcast on thursdays besides the disdads??

yes, got to get stuff from the last trip done before the next one. That's why I am scrambling to finish my TR and get DD's autograph books filled with the pics that go with them... in the next two weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansdad View Post
Good morning Gents!

I took the day off and i am going to spend the day with the family in lovely St Andrews by the Sea.

The one on NB not Scotland.

Have a great Friday everyone!
hope you enjoyed a great day with the family!

Quote:
Yo ho ho and a bottle of.... water? Too early for rum today so water it is.

Been going over numbers this week for two trips to the World next year. I do NOT like how prices are creeping up faster and faster. But that's the economy we are in now. Have a feeling it will get much worse before it gets better. That reminds me... there was an article in our local paper about how our local farmers could benefit from the poor corn crops out West. Really, really sucks that so many crops are being lost out there!

In other news, I've been trying to set a time to test drive a 99 Cadillac Deville to see how I like it. Found the car on Craigslist last week. Not sure why I've been fixated on finding a luxury car to drive, but I'm hoping once I drive the tank around I'll quickly get rid of the "grandpa" feeling!
I hear you on the prices. Just purchased our park tickets for this trip and boy is my bank account feeling that one! I think this video sums it up for me... leading up to the trip I get all stressed out about the prices, but once I'm there... it's all worth it.

maybe some of you have seen this before, but I can watch it again and again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Saw this today on yourtube - thought you guys would think it's cool...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jP-TOI1mO0A
that was cool.

Quote:
This guy should be part of our club:

We Visited All 6 Disney Parks in One Day!
very cool. I saw this on a live thread when he was doing it. someone was following on his facebook and posting along here. DW and I did all 4 parks in WDW once. Back when the slogan was "Four Parks, One World."... we did "Four Parks, One Day!" not the same, I guess.

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!
Our Disney Blog: "Home is Where the Mouse is"

Treguna Mekoides and Trecorum Satis Dee
Old 07-14-2012, 01:46 AM   #2546
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
Yeah I shot around 2000 in AK alone. I averaged 1000-1300 in each, MK, HS, and EPCOT. So yeah I know. Even after editing, deleting not so favorite ones, I still had 35GB of Photos and Videos. We had 6 days of parkhopping fun.
wow... that is alot. I have a tendency to just hold down the shutter and let it go, and I still only take around 300 per day. I also shoot video, so maybe that holds me back. I'll try to take more this trip. Don't usually take pics of food, but I plan on doing it this time around... have to document EVERYTHING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
That is a tricky one. Last year, we did two trips to WDW and one to Panama City Beach, despite not budgeting for three trips. We've never had an opportunity to stay at WDW for 15 days.

If money wasn't a factor () then I would prefer flying to WDW for multiple trips throughout the year. Or, better yet, flying there for multiple longer trips throughout the year. Or, bestest yet, just living at Golden Oaks.
I'd settle for Tin Pines, as long as it was close enough to WDW.

Quote:
Morning dads.

Going to spend a good chunk of the day watering the lawn. It might be longer - so many other people have the same idea that the water pressure is basically nonexistent. Took almost a minute to fill the coffee pot - and I don't drink that much coffee. Close, maybe, but not quite.

DW and I are still contemplating our trips next year. I want to drive down in the summer, taking a couple of days to do it, and then spend most of a week in the parks, then drive back (again, couple of days). Not sure if we can swing it though - finances, time, etc.

Actually, my original plan was to wrangle my way onto the Moms Club, for the extra trip, but that hasn't happened yet, so I keep having to make these backup plans, and pay my own way. :D
I've been trying to water mine every other day... doesn't seem to be helping.

Gonna shoot for the Mom's Panel again this year?? Still going to try for the RunDisney spot if they do it like last year?

Numerous Trips as a kid from 1974-1993. WDWCP MK Custodial Spring '94. Off Property, 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001. Land/Sea @ ASMR/Wonder 2002. CBR 2003. POR 2006. Off Property 2007. DVC @ SSR since 2007.. SSR 2008, 2009.. BWV March 2010. SSR December 2010.
BLT/DCL Dream/BCV July/August 2012. AKL/Vero July 2013. runDisney OKW Jan 2014. SSR/Vero/Pop July 2014. runDisney AoA Nov 2014.
DISDad #644
I'm Going Away... FOREVER! Oh, Great! Could You Get Me a Sandwich? A TR Interrupted
My First Trip Report - Escape from New York, Dec 26, 2010 - Jan 1, 2011 - COMPLETED!

Old 07-14-2012, 01:54 AM   #2547
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFed View Post
What's up fellas?
I am. and it's practically 2am... in the middle of a long work weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella's Fella View Post
Hey, are those the "Stacks" from Ready Player One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomhatch View Post
I have a question... Does anyone ever stop in Epcot and visit the Coke store? Second question does anyone else think the Chinese cola is the best? Its the one with a pinkish color.
Aside from Beverly, I like the VegitaBeta from Japan.

I'm excited for DS's first Beverly in a couple of weeks!!

DISDad #644

Old 07-14-2012, 02:11 AM   #2548
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Well, our town is officially in a drought. We're down 6-odd inches from where we should be from the beginning of the year, and I think the last measurable rainfall was late May or early June. I feel bad for watering the lawn, but I am justifying it under the aegis of "we were gone for 2 weeks, during that heat index of OMG." I'm not trying for a green lawn, merely trying to avoid it turning into a dustbowl.

On the plus side, I can use the excuse of "no water pressure" to put off laundry and dishes until tonight.
sorry to hear. hope you get some rain soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy + 3 View Post
Free Chik-fil-A!

My wife and kids dressed up as cows and got free meals for lunch. Apparently it's a national promotion. Dress up like a cow from head to toe and get a free meal. Have partial cow costume and you get a free entree. Today only. The one by our house was filled with cow people.
Pics or you have to give the food back!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
From the looks of the picture, UP.
"Hey, where do these stairs go?"

"They go up."

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I've firgured out where we need to put the official DDC vacation home(s).

There's a speedway right outside the MK. That looks simialr to something you might see parked in the infield when you're watching a NASCAR race.
nobody will notice us there!!! Perfect!!

DISDad #644

Old 07-14-2012, 02:20 AM   #2549
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck619 View Post
Hi guys. Company picnic tonight at our AAA Baseball team. It should be a good night.

I need some help with something else. We are considering driving straight through to WDW instead of stopping in GA like we have in the past. Being that we are 58 days away from arrival could we still add an extra night? We had the dining plan so i kind of assume we may not get that.

Thanks for your help gentlemen!
Never hurts to try. I guess it comes down to how much actual time does driving straight through buy you?? Then, what can you do with that time??

DISDad #644

Old 07-14-2012, 02:36 AM   #2550
baseballmickey
DDC #644

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTikiDaddy View Post
Wow, that really put my PB&J into perspective.
my lunch was a milky way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RodBelding View Post
Nothing wrong with a good old PB&J! I prefer peanut butter and fluff though. I'm often chastised for still eating that, but its delicious.
I loved PB and Fluff!! I still eat PB&J all the time. DD loves it, and if I am already making one for her... it's just easier to make 2, then to find something else.

DISDad #644

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, dad, manly, old spice

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: