Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 09:16 AM   #46
teekathepony
DIS Veteran

Yayyyy new thread! I'm here too! Can't wait, September 16 in a Little Mermaid room!
teekathepony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #47
Our 2 Princesses
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to stay in a LM room the beginning of June '13!!
6/04 POR 2/11 Wonder
6/05 Wonder 4/12 Offsite
Our 2 Princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #48
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

We check into a Cars suite in 49 days...yahoo
Old 07-13-2012, 09:49 AM   #49
dawnmichele
DIS Veteran

Part 2! Love it.
We'll be in a Little Mermaid room for just 2 nights in early December. We'll be at CSR for 5 days prior for work meetings and a Christmas party, but it's the LM room at the end that we're really excited for.
Ok, except we aren't ALL excited because it's a surprise for DD, the Ariel lover. She thinks all 7 nights will be at the CSR.
I can't wait!
dawnmichele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #50
Tulles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawnmichele View Post
Part 2! Love it.
We'll be in a Little Mermaid room for just 2 nights in early December. We'll be at CSR for 5 days prior for work meetings and a Christmas party, but it's the LM room at the end that we're really excited for.
Ok, except we aren't ALL excited because it's a surprise for DD, the Ariel lover. She thinks all 7 nights will be at the CSR.
I can't wait!
We're sort of doing the same thing. We'll be at POR for 3 nights before we check into our Lion King suite for 6 nights. DS thinks we're staying all 9 nights at POR. Told him AoA wouldn't be open in time for our trip. Good thing he's just learning to read.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #51
candy0730
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
I wonder if the person who ends up starting the FAQ, will wait until all 4 sections are open first.

I have some questions that will not be answered by anyone (including a CM, who I don't always believe anyway) until someone from this board stays in a LM room. I asked 2 different CMs if the LM rooms will have a coffeemaker and was told yes and no. I read that the values do not have them (I don't know if this is true), but they are in the suites at AoA. It seems to me that all rooms should have them, since rooms in most hotels have them (and I am not talking about the more expensive ones) in addition to free coffee in the lobby.
I will be checking in a LM room on 9/15/12 so I will report back on the coffee maker (or lack of one - hopefully not!).

September 2009 - CSR
September 2010 - CSR/CR
September 2011 - POR
March 2012 - Disneyland - Hojos
September 2012 - AoA
July 2013 - braving summer crowds at DL- FFI
candy0730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:37 AM   #52
kordoyne
Earning My Ears

Do you know if this hotel or any of the value hotels have cots or rollaway beds? Our family fits in the standard rooms so we would like to save the money and book a standard. It would just be more comfortable for the children if we had a cot for one of them. I just really dont want to spend the $1000 a wk price diffrence for a family suite. Anyone know?
kordoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:12 AM   #53
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by candy0730 View Post
I will be checking in a LM room on 9/15/12 so I will report back on the coffee maker (or lack of one - hopefully not!).
Great! I saw that Disney serves Nescafe and DH loves his coffee, so we will bring our own coffee maker if there are none in the room. We have a small one I use (I drink decaf) that does not have any glass on it.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:32 AM   #54
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I asked 2 different CMs if the LM rooms will have a coffeemaker and was told yes and no. I read that the values do not have them (I don't know if this is true), but they are in the suites at AoA. It seems to me that all rooms should have them, since rooms in most hotels have them (and I am not talking about the more expensive ones) in addition to free coffee in the lobby.
Regular rooms at value resorts (Pop and All Star) at Disney do not have coffee makers in the rooms. I expect the LM rooms will not have coffee makers either because they are regular non-suite rooms, but we won't know for certain until they open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kordoyne View Post
Do you know if this hotel or any of the value hotels have cots or rollaway beds? Our family fits in the standard rooms so we would like to save the money and book a standard. It would just be more comfortable for the children if we had a cot for one of them. I just really dont want to spend the $1000 a wk price diffrence for a family suite. Anyone know?
Reports are that rollaway beds are available at Pop Century so I would assume they would be available for the LM rooms once they open.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 11:36 AM   #55
KittyKat1978
DIS Veteran

LM room Sept 23-30th. My first solo trip to WDW

DL - Hojo's Mar 86/ PPH Feb 12/ Hojo's May 12/ BWPPI Oct 12/ DLH Dec 12/ DLH Feb 13/ FFI Oct 14/ CI Dec 14

DCL - Sept 13 Wonder to Alaska

KittyKat1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #56
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Great! I saw that Disney serves Nescafe and DH loves his coffee, so we will bring our own coffee maker if there are none in the room. We have a small one I use (I drink decaf) that does not have any glass on it.
I thought they changed brands, or is that in the park only?
Old 07-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #57
dwheatl
DIS Veteran
Can you tell I'm a dyed-in-the lime-green-wool DL fan?

Quote:

Hi Kristy. I've looked at a million sites, threads, etc, lately, and it seems to me that I saw, on an official Disney site, that they don't want you to bring your own coffee maker. They said it was a fire hazard. Why would it be more of a hazard than the pots in the suites? I don't know. Maybe just because they can't control what brand, how old, etc. Anyway, I tried looking again now, and can't find where I saw it before.

So, you can pretend you never read this, or you think I'm a crackpot (that won't hurt my feelings), you can leave the pot at home and struggle through with Nescafe, or you can unplug and "put away" the coffee maker when you are leaving the room, both for fire safety and to avoid any Dis hassles. KWIM?
WDW trips1985 Newlyweds offsite 1987 With MIL offsite 1993, 1997, 2002, 2006 WDW Dolphin 2012 - Art of Animation
dwheatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:02 PM   #58
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Woohoo new thread! My husband thinks I'm wacko checking these boards since our trip isn't until January! But I like to be prepared!
Anyone know (or have a crystal ball to guess) what sort of discount might be offered jan 3rd or 4th arrival?
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #59
autryrw
Earning My Ears

Checking in & Ticker Question

Hi, I am checking in. LM 10/31 (MNNSHP) thru 11/6
I have a ticker question and feel SO STUPID! I have tried multiple times to add a ticker onto my signature and am just doing something wrong. Can one of you guide me like the non-tech I am? I also (after going thru my parents photo albums) want to add all of my Disney visits too. THANK YOU!
autryrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:38 PM   #60
jcarwash
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I thought they changed brands, or is that in the park only?
Disney has not changed away from Nescafe in either the parks or the resorts.

What they are doing is adding one specific Starbucks location per (each) U.S. park in addition to Nescafe everywhere else in the parks.

At this time California Adventure has the new Starbucks location on Buena Vista Street. The remaining US parks have yet to add or announce the spots for Starbucks, but the word is five more are coming.

WDW: 17 | DLR: 3 | DCL: 2
Next: Feb 2015 Disney Magic
jcarwash is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: