Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 10:46 AM   #241
StlBelievinNTheMagic
I just hope that we do not lose sight of one thing, that it was all started by a mouse.

Pop and AofA Pool

I'm just curious. Do the same rules apply for Pop Century and the new Art of Animation resort? They are connected by the bridge and it's meant for guests to walk between the two. So in this instance, are you able to pool hop?
StlBelievinNTheMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #242
mickeye
DIS Veteran

Only at the two little 'quiet' pools because the big themed main pool, 'The Big Blue' is gated and micro chipped and you have to have your RFID room card to get into it.

mickeye is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM   #243
Bell30012
DIS Veteran

I wonder if the pool at Art of Animation will be accessible to DVC Members. We are staying at AoA in October and then at AKL (on points) in February. We always enjoy that privilege. However, it seems that more pools are becoming non-hopping.
Old 06-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #244
elyselynne
Earning My Ears

Thanks for the info!
elyselynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 10:38 AM   #245
Brooklyn
"la dolce far niente" (the sweetness of doing nothing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StlBelievinNTheMagic View Post
I'm just curious. Do the same rules apply for Pop Century and the new Art of Animation resort? They are connected by the bridge and it's meant for guests to walk between the two. So in this instance, are you able to pool hop?
According to this the pool area at AoA is fenced in and KTTWC is required for entry.

http://land.allears.net/blogs/guestb...ion_offer.html
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #246
*Fantasia*
Nothing beats a nice clean-clear cold ice water!
I could google and google all day and compare.. but I want to hear from you guys of your experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeye View Post
Only at the two little 'quiet' pools because the big themed main pool, 'The Big Blue' is gated and micro chipped and you have to have your RFID room card to get into it.
Where did you hear this information? Do you have the link to this? The resource?
CSR~2x~ '04-'04--- POFQ 3x~ '03-'04-'05--- WL~2x~ '04-'05--- Poly 2x~ '04-04

Disney Wonder Dec 2004--- HRH~ '03--- RPH 3x~'04-'04-'05
Offsite~ '83-'91-'94-'00-'04
*Fantasia* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:13 PM   #247
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

I was told that we will not be able to hop to the pool at AoA. Yes, it does seem like the pools are all being restricted and our pool hopping privilege is shrinking... but as they'll always tell you, our benefits aren't guaranteed and subject to change. blah blah blah...I want to get in that pool! The pool at Vero Beach is also restricted that way, as is the access TO the beach... but I had no trouble following someone into the pool to get lots of pictures for my facebook page.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:18 PM   #248
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post
I wonder if the pool at Art of Animation will be accessible to DVC Members. We are staying at AoA in October and then at AKL (on points) in February. We always enjoy that privilege. However, it seems that more pools are becoming non-hopping.
No, that is already reported on the website that we can't hop to AoA pools.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:49 PM   #249
mrsmith9
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolineB View Post
You use your key card to get in to the AoA big blue pool. I read an article that said that the other AoA pools will not be fenced.
I believe Florida law now requires all pools constructed after a certain date to have access restricted by a fence at least 48” tall. So I can’t imagine that the feature pool will have a gate and quiet pools not. Further I believe Disney is in the process of slowly fencing in all resort pools because of this law and other liability issues.

The fences aren’t there to necessarily restrict pool hopping, but rather to comply with local ordnances and reduce liability. One of the DVC requirements for pool hopping was to check-in at the front desk first (which no one ever does), I think at that point they could issue a temporary KTTW card that gets you into the pool gate. That or DVC KTTW cards will be programmed to work the gates of any pool where hopping is allowed (though this is unlikely as it put a great deal of reliance of IT to be able to allow the system to talk across multiple resorts).
mrsmith9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:55 PM   #250
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell30012 View Post
it will be eliminated altogether....my opinion

it was a great idea...but i think with the number of villas that they are throwing up...the equation has changed...just too many on property rooms to blur the lines and let people move around.

when they designed that...it was just quiet, sleepy little old key west supplying the hoppers.
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:11 PM   #251
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedoutlogic View Post
it will be eliminated altogether....my opinion

it was a great idea...but i think with the number of villas that they are throwing up...the equation has changed...just too many on property rooms to blur the lines and let people move around.

when they designed that...it was just quiet, sleepy little old key west supplying the hoppers.
I think you are right! Its a privilege that they bestowed upon us DVC members, and not a right.. and they'll probably discontinue it. That said, unless you are staying nearby, pool hopping just takes too much time.

I stayed at Pop last week, and we walked across the bridge to take lots of pictures of AoA... the Big Blue Pool has an RFID tagged gate and so does the Cozy Cone Pool... however, when I went over to Cozy Cone, someone walked out and held the door for me as I walked in... so I took some nice pics for my facebook page of the Cozy Cones. Very cute. In fact, later in the evening, when we came back to eat at Landscape of Flavors (I highly recommend by the way), it was nicely lit and there were some adults sitting with a little music and some wine enjoying a Cozy Cone looking like they were really enjoying themselves. The pool is rather tiny, but its a nice little retreat... but not a hopper.

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 09:52 PM   #252
ILUVDISNEY12
Making My Dreams Come True..One Drawing At A Time..
.. and while not breaking any Disney rules... ;-)

Are you able to go from FW to WL if it is a quiet day or would you have to ask a lifeguard or cast member
or is it banned all together..would like to know for the future
Old 07-13-2012, 05:20 AM   #253
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVDISNEY12 View Post
Are you able to go from FW to WL if it is a quiet day or would you have to ask a lifeguard or cast member
or is it banned all together..would like to know for the future
It is not allowed. And the just made the pool at FW a whole lot nicer than it used to be, so I'm not sure why you would bother hopping. The pool at WL is tiny for a resort of it's size, and from what I have read they are pretty diligent about checking for resort keys at that pool.
Old 07-13-2012, 09:25 AM   #254
ILUVDISNEY12
Making My Dreams Come True..One Drawing At A Time..
.. and while not breaking any Disney rules... ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxiesmom View Post
It is not allowed. And the just made the pool at FW a whole lot nicer than it used to be, so I'm not sure why you would bother hopping. The pool at WL is tiny for a resort of it's size, and from what I have read they are pretty diligent about checking for resort keys at that pool.
That is true..I was just curious since they are a boat ride away..
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #255
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVDISNEY12 View Post
That is true..I was just curious since they are a boat ride away..
Just like a lot of other pools that cannot be hopped to by guests - like the BW pools and the YC/BC pools.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: