Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando airport transportation questions and share tips.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Transportation
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2012, 08:57 AM   #646
CSwan1
DIS Veteran

Code Request

Does anyone have a Coke Rewards Code (or any other code for that matter) that they are not going to use? I finally got enough Coke points to get the code and it isn't listed on the website anymore!!! Please PM me! Thanks in advance!!!
Past Disney Vacations:May 2006 WDW POR & Disney Wonder 3 Day with My Disney Fairytale Wedding May 2008 WDW AKL & Disney Wonder 4 DayJuly 2010 WDW SSR June 2011 Disney World June 26th, 2011 Disney DREAMAugust 2012 Disney World at the Art of Animation Resort October 2012 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Our First MNSSHP
My First Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831750[/COLOR]
CSwan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #647
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

South west is having another sale right now
jenseib is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 AM   #648
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSwan1 View Post
Does anyone have a Coke Rewards Code (or any other code for that matter) that they are not going to use? I finally got enough Coke points to get the code and it isn't listed on the website anymore!!! Please PM me! Thanks in advance!!!
Last I look it was extend till July. Maybe they sold enough.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #649
CSwan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Last I look it was extend till July. Maybe they sold enough.
Thanks for the reply! The day after I earned my last few points, I went to the Coke reward site to get the code and the promo was gone!!! I was bummed!
Past Disney Vacations:May 2006 WDW POR & Disney Wonder 3 Day with My Disney Fairytale Wedding May 2008 WDW AKL & Disney Wonder 4 DayJuly 2010 WDW SSR June 2011 Disney World June 26th, 2011 Disney DREAMAugust 2012 Disney World at the Art of Animation Resort October 2012 Disney World Swan and Dolphin Our First MNSSHP
My First Trip Report http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1831750[/COLOR]
CSwan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #650
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

Difference between fares?? Can someone explain?

I was hoping someone could clear up the difference in SW fares for me. I read the descriptions but I'm still a bit confused. I'm looking to fly out December 4 and return December 11. The regular fares are sky high right now on those but the 'Wanna Get Away' fares are really low. Is it still far enough out that I should keep watching and waiting for the regular fares to drop? There must be some steep downsides to booking the WGA fares for them to be so low. Thoughts??

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012
DisneyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #651
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyClown View Post
I was hoping someone could clear up the difference in SW fares for me. I read the descriptions but I'm still a bit confused. I'm looking to fly out December 4 and return December 11. The regular fares are sky high right now on those but the 'Wanna Get Away' fares are really low. Is it still far enough out that I should keep watching and waiting for the regular fares to drop? There must be some steep downsides to booking the WGA fares for them to be so low. Thoughts??
I can't tell you the difference except pretty much every I know does the I wanna get away fares.
Old 06-29-2012, 09:52 AM   #652
amomma23
DIS Veteran

The main difference is that "wanna get away" fares are non-refundable. The other 2 categories are fully refundable. If you book a WGA fare, you can still change flights with no change fees, you just have to pay the difference in price if it's higher. If you change to a lower priced flight, you will get an account credit, not a refund. If you join their Rapid Rewards program you earn more points for higher class seats. Unless you're a business traveler (or someone else is paying ) Not much reason to pay for a higher class.
amomma23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 01:11 PM   #653
Southernswthrt
Mouseketeer

SW Credit Card & Refunds

If this has been answered elsewhere, my apologies - I couldn't find it!

I signed up for the SW credit card with 50K bonus points and they are now available for use. For those of you wondering - it was about 4.5 weeks from the time of application to the points showing up in my account.

My question is, when I book travel using these points and the price goes down, does the credit get applied to each person I bought tickets for or does it go back into my RR account? I'm debating whether to book now or wait for the flights to go down again. I know that if you don't use points, the refund is tied to the person.

TIA
Southernswthrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 04:29 PM   #654
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernswthrt View Post
If this has been answered elsewhere, my apologies - I couldn't find it!

I signed up for the SW credit card with 50K bonus points and they are now available for use. For those of you wondering - it was about 4.5 weeks from the time of application to the points showing up in my account.

My question is, when I book travel using these points and the price goes down, does the credit get applied to each person I bought tickets for or does it go back into my RR account? I'm debating whether to book now or wait for the flights to go down again. I know that if you don't use points, the refund is tied to the person.

TIA
All of the points will be refunded back to your RR account and there is no expiration date on them like a $$ credit (ticketless travel funds) credit would have! It'll be like you never used them at all!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #655
Glendamax
LOVES Old English Roses china at the Grand Floridian!

Today my flight from Baltimore to Orlando is $53 cheaper! WOO HOO!!! So now I have that credit! Hopefully my flight home will go down too.

So check your flights today! Good Luck!
Glendamax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:34 AM   #656
talulabelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelsGoingToDisney View Post
All of the points will be refunded back to your RR account and there is no expiration date on them like a $$ credit (ticketless travel funds) credit would have! It'll be like you never used them at all!
I have a similar question...I havent decided if we will be flying into Tampa to visit my brother a couple days early and then driving over to Orlando for our vacation, or if we will just fly straight to orlando on the day we are to check in. If I book the tampa flights on points, then change my mind and change to the Orlando flights on a different day, will the points go back to my account if there is a difference?
talulabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:25 PM   #657
ShelsGoingToDisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by talulabelle View Post
I have a similar question...I havent decided if we will be flying into Tampa to visit my brother a couple days early and then driving over to Orlando for our vacation, or if we will just fly straight to orlando on the day we are to check in. If I book the tampa flights on points, then change my mind and change to the Orlando flights on a different day, will the points go back to my account if there is a difference?
You will book your Tampa flights. If you change your mind you will click on the link "change reservation". At that point you will choose your new flights (you can change days, locations, time, whatever). Depending on the total they will either deduct additional points if it costs more or refund your extra points back to your RR account if it costs less. There are no fees, penalties or expiration dates at all!

Offsite ~ July 1983, June 1992, March 2001; Poly/ASMovies~Jan 2006;Poly~April 2006;Pop/Poly~Jan 2008;CR~March 2009;BC~Oct 2009;POP~July 2010;Harry Potter trip~Jan 2011;Endeavour Launch Trip~April 2011;Atlantis Launch Trip~July 2011;POR~May 2012; Disney Fantasy Cruise ~ May 2012;Joey's 13th Birthday Christmas Decor Trip ~ Nov/Dec.2012;Disneyland~May 2013 ~ Silly Sam's AoA Adventure Nov. 2013 ~ WONDERful Alaska May 2014~Princess 13th Birthday Trip Dec. 2014
ShelsGoingToDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM   #658
DisneyClown
DIS Veteran

I have another question...a member of my traveling party said I should look into discounts through AARP because she is a member. Is that possible to get discounts on all our tickets with her one membership if I'm paying for it all on one credit card? Is it possible to get discounts at all on Southwest using AARP? I know nothing about AARP so any help is appreciated.

"To the world you may be just one person, but to one person, you just may be the world."

Disneyland-'93 and '95~~~~~Wilderness Lodge-May '07 Honeymoon~~~~~Pop Century June-July '10~~~~~~Port Orleans Riverside Dec 2012
DisneyClown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:06 PM   #659
cybrkitn
We called it Bonko
I loved climbing trees
Don't apply for a job there! DUH!!!!!
Dork/geeky or just plain scary. You be the judge

Update on AARP Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyClown View Post
I have another question...a member of my traveling party said I should look into discounts through AARP because she is a member. Is that possible to get discounts on all our tickets with her one membership if I'm paying for it all on one credit card? Is it possible to get discounts at all on Southwest using AARP? I know nothing about AARP so any help is appreciated.
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. My mom is a member and it would be great if we can all get the discount.

ETA: I talked to my mom about this and went online to AARP's web site. They only use Expedia for booking flights. Unfortunately, Expedia (and those like it) do not use SW or JetBlue. I'm not willing to pay mid $300's to over $500 on a non-stop flight to Orlando that I can get through SW for $142 or Jet Blue for $128 right now.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect... but actually, from a non-linear, non subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly...timey-wimey...stuff." The Doctor

Last edited by cybrkitn; 07-12-2012 at 05:09 PM.
cybrkitn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:45 AM   #660
Disney_Fanatic
Mouseketeer

Hi fellow DISers we have a problem booking a SWA flight and hope that someone could help us:

How many unused travel funds/ credits can you use when you book a new flight? We have 2 travel credits from the same confirmation # for our flights from June to MCO (fares came down twice) and we would like to apply to our new flight reservation for a trip in september. There is two of us so we've applied four funds between the two of us and added the credit card info for the remaining balance.

The system then gives us an error message "Please remove one of the other Payment types in order to use a credit card."

We are not sure what went wrong when we try to apply the credits. Has anyone try to apply credits before?

Feb 2015- POFQ (Planning in progress), Oct 2015 - HKDL (Wedding), Oct 2015 - Tokyo Disney Resort & WDW CR (Honeymoon)
May 2014 - POP, Dec 2014 - HKDL
Dec 2013 - POFQ (Got engaged at WDW!), Sep 2013 - POP, July 2013 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2012 - POFQ (1st Christmas Trip and MVMCP), Oct 2012 - HKDL, Sep 2012 - Disneyland CA (CarsLand!), Jun 2012 - CR (Amazing trip with DxDP)
Sep 2011 - POP and Dec 2011 - HKDL
Sep 2009 - SSR (FD + Upgrade from POP + Our 1st MNSSHP), Mar 2009 - HKDL
Aug 2008 - POP, Mar 2008 - HKDL
May 2007 - GF (Segway Tour + Fireworks Cruise) and Dec 2007 - Disneyland CA
Dec 2006 - Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL), Sept 2006 - Disneyland CA and Jul 2006 - POP (last trip to WDW with my Mom)
Aug 2005 - POP and May 2005 - Off Site
Nov 2003 - Off Site and Feb 2003 - Disneyland CA
Nov 2002 - POFQ, Jul 1996 - Tokyo Disney Resort
Jul 1994 - Disneyland CA, Jul 1992 - Off Site
Jul 1991 - Disneyland Resort Paris, Jul 1988 - Disneyland CA

Last edited by Disney_Fanatic; 07-13-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Disney_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: