Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 789 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:36 AM   #1681
tinkermama117
Mouseketeer

Dole Whip Cupcakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by oopsiDAISY View Post
Wow~ya'll have been busy since I last checked in! LOVE the latest movie nights. That Brave night was fantastic! I just love all the creativity that abounds on this thread! Dole Whip cupcakes! Be still my beating heart!!! Can you post the recipe or a pinterest link for it? I would love to make some of those for our Lilo and Stitch night as well!
Here's the recipe. I used a box cake instead of making it from scratch. And although I had the ingredients for the frosting I ran out of time and just used whipped cream. The pineapple curd however is super easy to make and to DIE for!

http://pixiecrust.blogspot.com/2011/...-cupcakes.html
1998- First Visit: off property,1999: off property, 2000: off property, 2001: off property, 2002: Land and Sea, All Star Music and Disney Wonder, 2003: Caribbean Beach Resort, 2006: Port Orleans Riverside, 2007: Off property but...then became DVC Members!!! 2008: Saratoga Springs, 2009: Saratoga Springs, 2010 (spring) Boardwalk Villas, 2010 (New Years) Saratoga Springs July 29- Aug 1 2012: BLT, Aug1-Aug 5 Disney Dream, Aug 5- Aug 11: BCV, Summer 2013:AKL and Vero Beach Split, Marathon Weekend-OKW, Summer 2014-SSR/Vero Split, Wine and Dine Weekend, Disney Magic Feb 15
tinkermama117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #1682
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Our second Disney Movie Night was last weekend and we did Angels in the Outfield. Not a major Disney movie, but that's okay with us. For dinner we had hotdogs, french fries, and a veggie platter. I found an Arizona iced tea that had a baseball on top for my son, and he made baseball cupcakes for dessert. For movie snacks we had peanuts, cracker jacks, and sunflower seeds.

Here is cooking away!

My son made all the decorations himself

For activities we played tic tac toe with baseballs and baseball bats...

Made baseballs out of paper plates...yes, he is painting on the kitchen floor. We always do painting on the kitchen floor b/c it's so much easier to clean up when he inevitably spills some on the floor lol.

I made 2 tossing games...I painted a baseball diamond on a cardboard box and cut out holes where the bases go and he had to throw balls into the holes...if he got one out of three balls in he won a prize. The other game was a smaller cardboard box that i painted with cups stacked on top that he had to knock over...if he could knock them all over with 3 balls he won a prize (we ended up changing it to 8 balls, and he got it in 5 lol)

photobucket started acting up, so I can't get the pic of the other game right now...

I made little angels that I hid around the house for my son to find, and we gave each other baseball face paintings as well.

All in all it was another fun night, and my son loved the tossing games!
Register to remove

Old 06-30-2012, 06:54 PM   #1683
jumparound
Mouseketeer

We went and saw Brave at the drive-in on Tuesday, but we're going to do a Brave night next Saturday, and go see it in the theaters in 3-D. I want to make mince and tatties for dinner...has anyone had this? have any input on the taste? have any good recipes? any input about it would be much appreciated.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:42 PM   #1684
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
Our second Disney Movie Night was last weekend and we did Angels in the Outfield.

All in all it was another fun night, and my son loved the tossing games!
AW! This is really cute! Glad y'all had fun.
Old 06-30-2012, 08:43 PM   #1685
disjenne
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumparound View Post
We went and saw Brave at the drive-in on Tuesday, but we're going to do a Brave night next Saturday, and go see it in the theaters in 3-D. I want to make mince and tatties for dinner...has anyone had this? have any input on the taste? have any good recipes? any input about it would be much appreciated.
I have never had it but aren't drine-ins the best?! We took DD last night to see Brave. It is just a totally different feeling. Can't wait to see your Brave night!
Old 06-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #1686
Disneyelf10
DIS Veteran

I've been having theme nights for about a year and finally am posting some pics....
Friday we saw Brave and that was our theme:

Decorations:
[IMG][/IMG]

dinner:

For an activity we made crests: [/IMG]

dessert: [IMG][/IMG]

Disneyelf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:07 PM   #1687
My2Qtz0205
DIS Veteran

We are going to see Brave tomorrow. Two ideas I came up with for meals are Shepherd's Pie (I know it's really a British meal, but Scotland's on the British Isles, yes? ). The other idea (the one DH chose) is roasted turkey legs--found them already roasted at Harris Teeter, just have to heat them--roasted carrots and baby red potatoes.

My December 2012 Trip Report via my Scrapbook: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....5#post49171745
My Almost a Grand Gathering, 10th Anniversary Trip Report: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post34138322
My2Qtz0205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #1688
DanniDeer
adventure is out there!

Lady & The Tramp!

I'm so head-over-heels for this thread. I think it's so so so wonderful, and knew I wanted it to be a part of the countdown to a cutesy trip next March with my DBf.

But I wanted something more date-like, so I made it that way!

I set up a surprise Lady and the Tramp spaghetti dinner for myself and my sweet boy :]

Here are a couple of pictures, but if you want my full ramblings, they are easily found in my PTR here, or in my signature!

I really, really would go take a gander at my explanations and babble in the PTR. It's late, and I'm tired of being on the computer, but I knew if I didn't post this now, I never would.

but I just wanted to let all of you know how much fun I've had reading your ideas and feeding off your creativity!

Johnny & Danni

DanniDeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:49 PM   #1689
hcoker1
Mouseketeer

Location: Woodstock Ontario, half way between Detroit and Toronto.

Wow! So many new and wonderful ideas! I haven't really read this thread since our last trip in 2010 but we are heading back to WDW at March Break (yeah!) so I'm starting to get ready for our dinners. DS is now 11 and I asked him today if he still wanted to do Disney Dinners and he was very definate in his yes.

Thanks for all of the new ideas. I've added another 10 pages or so to my Disney Dinners binder and lots of new links for printables etc.

hcoker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 10:06 PM   #1690
Chelley00
DIS Veteran

It's Bugs Life movie night!

Menu and activity sheet

Table

Place setting

Minnie in her bug antennae holding the movie

DS painting his bug catcher

DD with hers

What's better for bugs than picnic food? What's better for Mom than to not have to cook after a very long, crappy week

Dirt and worms for dessert, made by DS

Finished suncatchers. DS's kit had dried paint, so he used craft paint we had already, only it wasn't suncatcher paint like we thought

Catching bugs. Not so much a great idea when it's 103 (and has been for weeks) and it hasn't rained at our house since May 4th. Not many bugs to be found.

This makes me laugh. She had been at the pool all day, is dressed like a crazy person, is tired and cranky, and I'm shoving her outside to search for bugs
Old 07-12-2012, 10:07 PM   #1691
Becc1
DIS Veteran

We had an impromptu Fox and the Hound night yesterday!

Dinner was "Hunter's stew" aka beef stew (thanks Tammie for the idea!) I've been making lots of slow cooker meals this summer so I don't have to rush dinner after a day at the waterpark (we have season passes) so this was a perfect meal. Along with that we had dog bone shaped rolls.

Dessert was Copper cupcakes

For activities they did coloring pages while watching the movie and we were supposed to make friendship bacelets from some kits that I had but they were really too difficult for the kids. I attempted them last night but gave up because they were too difficult for me too

Next up is a Camp Rock marathon, DH is going away for work next week and I told the kids we'd camp out in the family room!

Can I really keep my mouth shut for the next 6 months?
Princesses don't hit, kick or spit! A May/June 2011 TR

Becc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #1692
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Your cupcakes are too cute! And I like the idea of making friendship bracelets
Old 07-12-2012, 11:15 PM   #1693
jumparound
Mouseketeer

Last weekend we did Brave. I had the Scottish flag up and red streamers all over the room (Merida's wild red hair)

For dinner we had mince and tatties (everyone loved it) with corn on the cob, and bear cupcakes for dessert.

For activities my son made a family crest

I couldn't find a good toy bow and arrow that wasn't too expensive for just one night, so instead of archery we threw balls at a target lol

While outside throwing balls, I ran inside and made a path of wisps I had made. Taped to the screen door leading to the backyard I taped a notecard that read:

When he followed the wisps it led him to another note with two little trinkets that said something like "choose one of these to choose your fate. What will you choose?" and taped to the bottom of each was a notecard that said "you are destined to go to disneyland.
My son came up with the idea of playing pin the tail on the bear, and I modified it to pin the crown on the bear

Later that night we went to the movie theaters and saw Brave in 3-D (we had seen it when it first came out at the drive-in). I think my son was a little bored after a while at seeing the same movie again. But overall it was a fun day
Once again sorry for such large pictures...idk how to make them smaller.
Old 07-13-2012, 08:59 AM   #1694
hcoker1
Mouseketeer

Location: Woodstock Ontario, half way between Detroit and Toronto.

This makes me laugh. She had been at the pool all day, is dressed like a crazy person, is tired and cranky, and I'm shoving her outside to search for bugs

Chelley00: I laughed out loud reading this and seeing the picture! She must really be annoyed at you now that you've posted it for the world to see!!

hcoker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:48 AM   #1695
oopsiDAISY
DIS Veteran

Great movie nights going on lately! Love the Fox and the Hound night...Hunter's Stew, that is a great idea! And Mince and Tatties for Brave...another great idea, and EASY! I like that!

We are having our Princess and the Frog movie night tomorrow night. BFF and her family are joining us. Can't wait to have fun and post pictures!
oopsiDAISY is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: