Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California) > Southern California Theme Parks
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #1
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

Universal Studios Jurrasic Park PROBLEMS

Not sure if this is the place to talk about Universal Studios but.....
Well I have an annual pass to Universal Studios and Jurrasic Park has just been a mess for a while now and I am getting sick of it
first of all the first brontosaurus that you see is black and the bottom of the pool is painted green so you can see where the tail and neck are separate from the body and the mechanics and everything...ugh.
The Car no longer falls off the cliff it hasn't for a while
for a while the long necked dinosaur hasn't come out of the water and now they have it blocked off and the water drained around the immdiate area only problem is (unlike Disney) the area is all exposed to you can see everything, just ruins the magic, yet they try to be cute be putting a sign saying "Shh scared vetenarian at work"
Climbing up the hill we stop...all the time...this is by far the scariest part of the ride for me
while going up the hill the timing of the dinosaurs falling out of the roof was off and by the time we got up there they were being pulled back in
and of course the T-Rex at the end, it hasn't been working for a while and I wonder if this has just turned into the yeti from Florida, but what's worse is they have just literally a trash bag over the dinosaur and it compeltely ruins the end of the ride for me. I'm getting so sick of this ride and Universal Studios reluctance to fix it that I'm close to just not riding it anymore, you don't even get that wet on it anymore.
I am one of those chickens who HATES getting wet while I have clothes on so I ALWAYS buy a poncho. Not anymore I got more wet getting dripped on when the gates open then I did going down the hill.
Is anyone else noticing these problems?
Anyone else sick of them?
Anyone else have answers, if this was Disney (and yes I know I probably shouldn't compare the tweo) or hell if I operated this ride it is in such shambles that I would honestly just shut it down until at least some of the things get fixed. I know it's summer and the crowds and all but...it's just bad.
Minuet888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

ummm over 100 views and no responses? Anyone else get this experience when riding the ride? Anyone else think they should just shut down the ride until it is at least presentable??
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
ORMom2Four
DIS Veteran

It is still broken? I remember that ride having a lot of those same problems when we went there in 2010!
ORMom2Four is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
ben1993
DIS Veteran

Ugh the T-Rex is broken, seriously?! That is such bad show on Universal's part, I would honestly reconsider going to USH when on the West Coast if JP still had all those problems, one of my favourite attractions based on my favourite movie
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
blearbear4
Choose Wisely

I agree it is very sad and am surprised they have not fixed it! We too have APs to USH and I am quite the scaredy cat when it comes to flume rides but will overlook that fear to experience one of my favorite worlds from the movies! But why gather the courage just to have the effects not work? Honestly, when I got to USH, I usually only do the new Transformers ride, the Studio Tour, maybe a show if I time it right, and walk around. Very disappointing.
Disneyland Paris '07
Disney Magic Mediterranean Cruise '11
Hoping for Tokyo Disney one day!
blearbear4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:33 AM   #6
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

yup still broken
the t-rex has been broken fro over a year, EXTREMELY disappointing
but there is more broken stuff than that, I think that biggest DUH moment is seeing the bronotosaurus in the water (its black) and the bottom of the pool is painted blue so you see the separate body from the head from the tail etc.
the employees all clap as you get out, lol for what? I told the lady if I knew that much of the ride was broken I wouldn't have bothered. SHe apologized though I knew it wasn't her fault and I suggested putting up a sign warning people that 50% (or more) of the ride is broken.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:22 AM   #7
DisneyDuchess
Earning My Ears

Ugh, that sounds horrible! I was on Jurassic Park in June and I noticed that one of the dinosaurs wasn't working and it was just standing still. I agree that that Universal should do a lot of updating for Jurassic Park... they seem to be so focused on Transformers!
DisneyDuchess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:55 AM   #8
Minuet888
DIS Veteran

well its looks like they are finally doing SOMETHING with it because it is closed on weekendays for rehab

http://www.screamscape.com/html/univ..._hollywood.htm

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: