Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #16
kirrrby
We're all mad here....

We love Tokyo Dining (Not the cook at your table side) it offers quirky things that we don't see much like Bento Boxes and surprisingly good sushi. It also has options for picky eaters like my DBf such as Tempura and steak.

We also like Sunshine Seasons which is QS in the Soarin Pavilion they offer some really good dinner options.

"Yo ho, yo ho a Navy life for me"

I've eaten at 183 out of 241 restaurants at Walt Disney World (76%)

kirrrby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:49 PM   #17
everythingALICE
I can't explain myself, I'm afraid, Sir, because I'm not myself you see.

I really loved Rose & Crown, La Hacienda de San Angel, and Akershus.

The food at Rose & Crown was so delicious - even though everyone talks about the view for Illuminations, the food really stands on its own.

I loved the food and margarita flight at La Hacienda - so yummy! I love the bright colors in the restaurant, and there's a beautiful view of the water and World Showcase if you're able to snag a table by the window. Service was great as well. Can't wait to go back on my next trip!

Akershus is favorite of mine for both good food and good character interaction. I like the combo of the cold buffet with a plated, ordered meal. I think the food is great and I'm not worried about missing the princesses, like I sometimes am at buffets! The princesses do not seemed rushed and I always get great pictures - the photo included at the beginning of the meal is an extra nice touch as well!

I've also been to Le Chefs de France, Tutto Italia, San Angel Inn, Coral Reef, and Le Cellier, which were all good - no real complaints about any of them - but I found the others to be more enjoyable. Hope that helps!
everythingALICE is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #18
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Yea, EPCOT food!

Ok, I basically love talking about restaurants at EPCOT. I recommend to people that they consider what they have locally before making reservations. IMO the Disney food will at least measure up, if not be better. For you consideration: if you live in the MidWest by a Morton's Steakhouse, you'll be comparing your steak to Morton's that you have all the time (and who wants to think, might be better at home).

San Angel Inn is truely a gem. Very good mexican food, some of the dishes are what you'd expect to see on the menu at a local restaurant, only way better. I really do like the atmosphere too. Try to request a table further away from the shopping area though. You literally cannot go wrong. The house margarita is heavenly.

La Hacienda De San Angel is a more adventurous twist on Mexican food. I've only eaten there once (we shared the Parrillada) and was totally blown away. It's more authentic and differernt at what you'd get at home.

Bistro de Paris is amazing (even just only for the desert cart). If you like French food, it is very well cooked and presented here. The prix fix menu is a very safe option if you're not used to French food. The atmosphere is truly sublime.

I've only been at VIA Napoli once, but was quite impressed. I had the chicken parm. Outstanding. The preparation was on a bone in chicken which I have never had before, very good. I'll be back.

Tutto Italia is fantastic. I usually get the lasagna. Very creamy, I'm positive the noodles are prepared fresh in house. Service is truly world class.

Both of the Italian restaurants can be very loud, but service and quality more than make up for it.

I have eaten and Le Cellier and do think it's outstanding, but for two DDP credits, it's becoming overpriced. Also, in Chicago, we have some amazing steakhouses. THOUGH, their desert is amazing (yes, chocolate whiskey cake)

I always intend on eating at Restaurant Marrakesh and for what ever reason it never happens. Every trip I do have lunch at Tangierine Cafe, worth it.

Hope that helps!

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:22 PM   #19
P00H1010
DIS Veteran

I am also not a big seafood eater and not extremely adventurous when it comes it food (I'm getting better though ). For a place you haven't been in Epcot on the more tame side I would suggest Le Cellier in Canada. We thought the food was rather good. Also if you want to try something a bit different but not commit to a table service I would suggest the Tangierine Cafe in Morocco (it is a counter service). We ended up eating there twice last year and we have a reservation for the table service in Morocco for our upcoming trip. In my experience a good way to "introduce" yourself to different foods at Epcot is to do quick services, it is less expensive and you don't have to burn an ADR on it.

July 2010: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2011: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
July 2012: Split Stay @ Bay Lake Tower/Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2013: Split Stay @ Art of Animation/Beach Club Villas
July 2014: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
P00H1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:35 PM   #20
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

That's a lot to digest (sorry, I had to do it). Thanks for the suggestions and reviews. Now to pick somewhere...

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
carrie6466
DIS Veteran

I don't eat any kind of seafood. We really liked Chefs de France, as well as Teppan Edo. Le Cellier for lunch was good, about what I expected. I used to love Garden Grill, but wasn't thrilled last time I was there. We were the last people left in the restaurant, so it could have just been that.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 AM   #22
sephorachick
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
I am not one to try new things, but I'm going to force myself to do this. We have eaten at Biergarten (one of my favorites), Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, and soon Via Napoli.

I'd like to hear opinions on some of the other EPCOT restaurants. The only foods I don't eat include seafood.

Thank you!
I always try to go to Le Cellier. I don't care what anyone says I love the filet mignon! Rose & Crown has the best fish & Chips I've ever had as well. THe Morrocan restaurant is also good & fun entertainment. Tutto Italia was VERY good our last trip too.

Me: Husband: Pacey Minnie Vicky Ginger

Check out my Disney blog!
www.yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com
Today's entry is on Via Napoli Review & pics!

Facebook page for my Disney blog! Please "LIKE"
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Yohoyo...99050306822131
sephorachick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
epcot, restaurant

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: