Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2012, 03:28 PM   #166
OaksPAC
Mouseketeer

Hi Everybody!

We're taking our first cruise in 2013 and can't wait! We are booked into room 10132. I can't find any pictures or reports but I'm not really a great computer person so I could be missing the info. Anybody have anything for 10132?

The only thing I'm a little worried about is seasickness but reading all the info and advice on these boards has helped to put my mind at ease. So thanks to everyone for sharing!
OaksPAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #167
2canadianfans
Always in a Holiday Countdown !

Thanks for info... I will post after my trip .
2canadianfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM   #168
Smayco
Earning My Ears

We just got back from our first cruise ever!
We booked 2 rooms; 8010, which was a category 8C room (Family oceanview), and 8001, a category 11A room (inside stateroom). Both rooms were excellent. 8010 was bigger than I'd expected and 8001 was smaller than I expected. We had our 3 teenage boys share the smaller room, and it was fine (as they were never there except to sleep anyway).

2004 Disney World Pop Century
2007 Disney World Beach Club
2010 Disney World Port Orleans
April 2012 Disney Dream

Smayco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #169
LilBit
Earning My Ears

Recently our family of 4 stayed in Dream cabin 9579 a 10A deluxe inside. It was a very nice room with plenty of storage and quite convenient to the mid ship elevators. We had no problem with noise from the connecting stateroom, but did notice a lot of noise from running in the hall. So while the room doesn't have "ship" noise associated, it is luck of the draw for fellow passengers. The queen bed was heavenly and our teens said the couch and bunk over it were fine. We were pleasantly surprised with the tub in the bathroom-expected shower only.
LilBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #170
houstonkling
houstonkling

Anything on 8668?

I could not find anything on 8668. Anyone??
houstonkling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:16 AM   #171
CaseyLynn
Earning My Ears

My room 8544 is not on there, but the rooms close to it are and it sounds good so far. When I come back from my cruise and it is not entered yet, I will give a review.
CaseyLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:20 PM   #172
gretchenohar@hotmail

DIS Veteran

Great - thanks, Casey!
gretchenohar@hotmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 06:49 PM   #173
waggles02673
Earning My Ears

Dream stateroom 10664

we just got back from a 4 night cruise on the Dream and we stayed in stateroom 10664 which is a 5E category room. This room is located at the stern and has an oversized balcony that has both 2 chairs and 2 loungers. The room is located on deck 10 under Cabanas. We had read that the room is loud with Cabanas above you and this is very accurate. My wife and I are early risers so we were up before all the activity above us. You here Kids running and chairs being shuffled on the deck above. One of our neighbors actually had to change staterooms because they had small children who could not take naps because of the noise and could not get them to bed at a reasonable time again because of all the cleanup and noise from Cabanas. If you have small children or like to sleep in late this is NOT THE STATEROOM FOR YOU. It didn't really bother us but we would not stay in this stateroom again. Look at deck 8 or 9 if you want to be in the stern.
waggles02673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:32 PM   #174
Kerpgh
Mouseketeer

Room 7689 - Disney Dream

Hi there!!
Hoping to help some people out

We stayed in the Disney Dream room 7689 an 11B cabin aft (it was back end of the ship).
Loved the porthole...saw multiple characters (ie surfing goofy, tinkerbell, Lightning McQueen, dancing hippos, etc.)
The room was not in the least bit noisy...we were extremely tired every night so that may have helped
It has a pull down bed with stars on the ceiling..my 7 year old loved this bed!!!

The location was wonderful in that the aft elevators were never busy...the only difficulty with the location is that we had to walk to the midship elevators (which seemed more forward than midship) to reach the kids clubs on deck 5. Had to walk through Cabanas to get to the pool areas on deck 11 but it really didnt bother us as there were lots of others doing it as well. You could also take the aft elevators to deck 4 to the adult entertainment area was which was extremely convenient when the kids were in the clubs

We (or just me as the kids were zonked out) could feel the movement of the boat on 2 of our 4 nights...the one night was pretty significant, but I could also feel the movement in the theater and restaurant as well. (or maybe it was just the wine )

We loved our stateroom host and had towel animals every night ...he was absolutely fantastic...the kids loved him as well (shout out to Rajan from India)

If anyone has any specific questions Id be more than happy to help but only if you can fit me in the room with you
Big hugs!

May 2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
May 2012 - Disney Dream
April 2010 - Pop Century

Lets Go Pens!!..bring that cup back to Pittsburgh!
Kerpgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #175
ssjones
Mouseketeer

Catagories

We are booked for a category 5a room on the Fantasy next year. Can someone explain how the categories differ. 5a-5d?? I can't see a difference. Sorry for my confusion.

BTW, we are booked for Room 10632. Anyone have any comments?

------------------------------------
Disney Dream May 2012 - Nassau
ssjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #176
disneydork3
Obsessed with Disney

Cabin 7628 on Dream

We just got back from a 5 night cruise on the Dream. We booked a VGT and got assigned 7628 Category 4C Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Veranda. We couldn't have picked a better location. There is only three of us so it was great to have the extra room. No noise, no motion and very convenient to both aft and mid elevators. Our stateroom host, NATHA was FABULOUS. We would definitely book this room again!!!

WDW = 1996 off property ~ 2000 off property ~ 2008 WL ~ 2009 POP ~ 2010 SSR and POP ~ 2011 off property ~ 2012 off property, POR and ASMusic ~ 2013 SSR ~ 2014 off property

DCL = 2012 DREAM Double Dip ~ 2014 MAGIC Southern Caribbean ~ 2015 FANTASY Eastern Caribbean
disneydork3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #177
ilovepooh
I keep rubbing my head hoping an answer will come into it

done! :-)

ilovepooh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:50 AM   #178
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Just added mine for 10554 on the Dream from PCC 3.0. Nice cabin and very convenient.
Old 07-10-2012, 02:28 PM   #179
Karen89
Earning My Ears

Help selecting a room

This will be my first time on the Fantasy. I sailed the Dream this past December and was on Deck 7 mid-ship. I tend to get sea sickness (always) so I didn't want to go too high and wanted to stay near the center. Thankfully I didn't feel sick AT ALL and now am ready to venture out.

I'm currently booked in room 10158 on the Fantasy as I heard the larger verandah's can be quite nice. My only concern is that I saw a video clip of the same room (10658) just on the other side and the TV was on the same wall as your pillows. We're big fans of watching TV in bed at night when it's time to turn in. I noticed there were a few other rooms with oversized verandah's that we could switch to. I was hoping I could get some opinions on this.

We're in 10158, but 10160 and 10162 are also available, as well as 8684 (which would eliminate the noise from Cabanas above that I keep hearing about). However it appears the verandah we have is huge, and I hate to give it up if it's really a little treasure I'm sitting on. Room 10160 also seems quite large, but 10162 seems small in comparison, and room 8684 seems to be somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Any thoughts?

Karen

1977 - Nov - 1st WDW vacation
1990 - WDW
1994 - WDW
2000 - Oct - WDW - Dixie Landings
2003 - Nov - WDW - POR
2008 - Nov/Dec - WDW - POR
2009 - Nov - WDW - POR
2010 - Nov/Dec - WDW - POR
2011 - Nov/Dec - WDW - Corranado Springs
2011 - Dec - Disney Dream (Bahamas)
Karen89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:40 PM   #180
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen89 View Post
I'm currently booked in room 10158 on the Fantasy as I heard the larger verandah's can be quite nice. My only concern is that I saw a video clip of the same room (10658) just on the other side and the TV was on the same wall as your pillows. We're big fans of watching TV in bed at night when it's time to turn in.
I've never seen this on any of the 3 Disney ships I've been on. The TV has always been on the wall opposite the bed/couch. Where did you see this video clip?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: