Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #16
Goofy + 3
DDC 400
Remember, it's ok to cry a little. Not too much, just a little

Raspberries were great for a week or two. I was pulling in about 50-75 berries a day for a while. Then the rabbits discovered them. Aside from importing snakes I don't know what to do about that. The cucumbers are doing well. We seem to get about one or two each day. Although keeping them wet in this weather is tough. No canteloupe yet. Tomatoes are just coming in to their peak. We'll get at least 4 or 5 each day. Lemon tree has lots of fruit but none have turned yellow yet.
DIS Dad #400
Goofy + 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 01:17 PM   #17
Urugami
DISdad #690

It's getting to be time for me to do the 'raze and replant' thing on mine.
I took the last dry ear of corn off the stalk a week or so ago. I only had about 10 stalks, so it's hard to call it a crop, but I got a good half-dozen sparse ears this year
And the last of the sunflowers are now in the final stages of seed maturation. Time to cut 'em down and let 'em dry. DS discovered roto-tillers watching This Old House recently; says we NEED one now to work our soil. It's less than 10 square feet, son... we can't even FIT a roto-tiller there! The kid scares us sometimes, he really does. Oh, ok.. ALL the time.
What really worked out well this year were the dwarf sunflowers we had in the window boxes in the front of the house. There were a few that were mutant giants, but most of them were around the specified 10'' height. They looked nice, too. I'll have to use some of those seeds for the second crop, see if they stay true to the Dwarf lineage.
DISdad #690

ME (Chris) DW DS(8)
76,82,83,86DL,92DL,93,95,96,01,01/02,01/03,06/03,01/09ASM,11/09CBR,11/10CBR,04/12CBR,02/13POR,03/14CBR
Urugami is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: