Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #31
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

OMG!!!! I can't believe I missed that you were doing a PTR and nearly missed this TR!!

Luckily I followed your link from Joni's TR and found it just in time...phew

Am so happy you and your mum got to take another trip and am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Wow at the service being soooo slooowww at the airport restaurant! Glad you got your food and made it back to boarding just in time

Lol your stewardess sure sounds hilarious...glad you got to enjoy an entertaining flight and love the pics.

Looking forward to more
TanzUnited99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:15 PM   #32
SummerInDisney
Earning My Ears

I'm so in! Lemon in coke sounds amazing haha. The hotel in MCO is actually really nice. I went there for a dance competition and you didn't even feel like you were in the airport. Can't wait to read more!
SummerInDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-10-2012, 02:20 PM   #33
Grumpy's Wife
Dollar Tree gal here
sissy fluffed, sissy fluffed!
I'll have one of what ever the tag fairy is drinking tonight
Chocolate is a girls heaven

Joining in. I can't wait to hear about the mother/daughter trip. I know it was a wet one but I hope lots of fun too.

Grumpy's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #34
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
OMG!!!! I can't believe I missed that you were doing a PTR and nearly missed this TR!!

Luckily I followed your link from Joni's TR and found it just in time...phew

Am so happy you and your mum got to take another trip and am looking forward to hearing all about it.

Wow at the service being soooo slooowww at the airport restaurant! Glad you got your food and made it back to boarding just in time

Lol your stewardess sure sounds hilarious...glad you got to enjoy an entertaining flight and love the pics.

Looking forward to more
Hi Tanz!! I'm glad you found us!! Long time no see!

Thank you! We had a great time, and I can't wait to share it with you!

It really did take so long, and the whole time I was a nervous wreck about missing boarding!

It's great when the crew are funny! It makes travel THAT much more exciting!

There is sure is a lot more to come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerInDisney View Post
I'm so in! Lemon in coke sounds amazing haha. The hotel in MCO is actually really nice. I went there for a dance competition and you didn't even feel like you were in the airport. Can't wait to read more!
Welcome!! It is amazing!!

Oh really? Good to know- just in case we get stuck sometime!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy's Wife View Post
Joining in. I can't wait to hear about the mother/daughter trip. I know it was a wet one but I hope lots of fun too.
Welcome! It was a lot of fun, and I can't wait to share it with you!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:12 PM   #35
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Arrival at Pop!

Arrival at Pop Century
June 20, 2012

When I left off, we had just arrived at our home for the first night of our stay!

We were dropped off at Pop and checked in by 11:30am!! Our room was ready! We had requested a building in the 60s section because of how close it is to the food court. We got our wish, and had a very short walk to our room!

We made our way to the room, and we actually circled our building before finding room 5133.

Close up of the bedspread:

Sink area:

Bathroom:

Shower curtain Mickey!

TV and dresser:

Hidden Mickeys in the carpet!

The picture hanging in the bedroom- themed very nicely with the 60s era:

Close ups:

Our view from right outside our door:

We watched a bit of Stacey while we sat on the bed to catch our breath before deciding what we wanted to do. We chose to head over to Art of Animation to look around and have lunch in their food court. I hung my camera around my neck, slid on my flip flops, and walked right into the wall of humidity when I opened the door! Yuck! It was definitely going to rain soon, but we hoped it would hold off until we were inside.

Up next: Art of Animation!!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR

Last edited by emma212010; 07-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #36
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

YAY POP!!! That was such a fun day! I'm so glad we decided to take an earlier flight and get there to have some extra time! It made the vacation seem that much longer!!!!
Old 07-11-2012, 09:48 PM   #37
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Woo Hoo! Y'all made it to POP!

It's always such a nice bonus when you're room is ready early! Love all the pictures, especially the Hidden Mickeys in the carpet.

Can't wait to see pictures of AoA!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #38
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma212010 View Post
Yay! Welcome!! It was a lot of fun- since it's just the two of us, we can really do what we want to!

Did you miss all the rain? I'm not sure what the weather was like before we arrived, but I do know it wasn't that rainy on Wednesday and Thursday.

It rained a few times, on & off, while we were there. It wasn't bad, though.
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520

Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:30 PM   #39
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Yall had such a precious room! I mean, I guess all Pop Century rooms look like that, but still.

WOAH, I'm not even kidding, I have the music from the opening credits to 101 Dalmatians stuck in my head, and then BAM BOOM, there are Pongo and Perdita, all up on that poster on the wall! (Please forgive me... I just thought that was WEIRDLY coincidental! )

AHHH you had a view of Art of Animation!! That's so awesome! Can't wait to see pictures from the tour!

-Marissa
marDgreen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:08 PM   #40
SummerInDisney
Earning My Ears

The room looks nice Yay for being close to the food court! I can't wait to see AoA!
SummerInDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #41
hstrickland
DIS Veteran

Hey Emma & Zuzu(Debby)

Did yall like Pop...or like it enough to stay there for the entirety of a trip? I absolutely love the 60s picture on the wall in the room!! Was that the AoA in the background of some of the pics? I thought it was since you said you would be going over to look around. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this resort....the jury is still out for me. I've heard good and bad. Since we're a family of 5, it would work...just not sure though.

Keep the pictures coming!
Heather

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP

Last edited by hstrickland; 07-12-2012 at 08:29 PM.
hstrickland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 04:16 PM   #42
Merida
DIS Veteran

Subbing in! I love the Port Orleans area, it's so pretty and serene. Pop is nice and all, but I don't think anyone would describe it as 'serene.'

Off to read your last TR as well! I remember starting it and then losing the link, so finally time to see how it all worked out.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:53 PM   #43
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merida View Post
Subbing in! I love the Port Orleans area, it's so pretty and serene. Pop is nice and all, but I don't think anyone would describe it as 'serene.'

Off to read your last TR as well! I remember starting it and then losing the link, so finally time to see how it all worked out.
Hi there!!! Welcome!!! We love Port Orleans too, it's very peaceful!!!
Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #44
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post
Hey Emma & Zuzu(Debbie)

Did yall like Pop...or like it enough to stay there for the entirety of a trip? I absolutely love the 60s picture on the wall in the room!! Was that the AoA in the background of some of the pics? I thought it was since you said you would be going over to look around. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on this resort....the jury is still out for me. I've heard good and bad. Since we're a family of 5, it would work...just not sure though.

Keep the pictures coming!
Heather
Sorry, should have multi-quoted! Hey Heather! Pop was nice and definately fun especially for kids. I just prefer POFQ because it's so quiet and charming! POP's kitschy which is kind of cool. I definately think POP would be great for families though! AoA looks really cool from the outside, I've only seen photos of the rooms. We have lots of pics of the outside that Emma will be posting soon! It was really fun to explore the resorts!
Old 07-13-2012, 08:11 AM   #45
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

The more trip reports I read, the more Disney resorts and hotels I want to try. Feel like I'm not that far from thinking about trying out multiple resorts in one trip but I'm pretty sure DW will not be agreeable to that idea.

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014 PTR with MiniTRs to Disney Cali Adventure, Oahu, San Diego, and Vegas
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: