Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #16
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Actually it is probably not worth it to pay the extra $25 for additional adults in the room for a couple of qs meals. Alicia get yourself a us travel agent they will be able to crunch all the numbers and give you the best options. But trust me there is nothing wrong with staying at pop century, it really is great place for the money.
like ++

pop is awesome, relaxed and totally disney!

get FD and your set...

i have a great US travel agent..pm me and i'll give you her email
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:26 AM   #17
battymum
DIS Veteran

Or, maybe consider staying off site - you can get a great 3 bedroom cheap as chips - everyone gets their space and still be together. Mumfromoz has stayed twice in Windsor hills and loved it.
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-08-2012, 06:59 PM   #18
hjd0411
DIS Veteran

I can vouch for Windsor Hills as well! I am staying in a 3 bedroom townhouse with kitchen/lounge/splash pool this October for US$110 per night! I have stayed before and love it. OK - you do have to have a car - but it is worth a look. Happy to help if you want any more information.

hjd0411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:17 AM   #19
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

ok so spent all weekend reading the birnbaums guide and being glued to mousesavers (which i have only ever used for DLR) and the disneyworld website... so many options.

these are my constraints:

i have 3 people coming on this trip that want the trip for $5000 total, all inclusive. only thing not to be included is discretionary spending money. so wow. tight, tight budget. oh, and did i mention their wish list includes

- a wdw stay
- at least a full day at wwohp
- a dcl cruise
- a dlr stay.

: clown:

yup. that is about how i'm feeling.

so i have considered and rejected the villas (either retail or dvc rental, just out of this budget ...

and have put together a rough plan:

nov 24-dec 1: wdw AoA resort for 5 adults, 2 in main bedroom, 2 on sofa, 1 on murphy bed. 5 full days at WDW, not including first day of rest, and 1 full day at WWOHP/IOA. 6 day hoppers just in case.

dec 1-5 - 4 night bahama cruise on the dream, stops include nassau and CC.
(hey, on that budget they're lucky they got the cruise included AT ALL). i really wanted a 7 night, or better yet the PC crossing, but these beggars can't be choosers.

dec 5-10 - 5 days at DLR for cars land and more time with the mouse. 5 day hopper tickets

direct flights bne - lax return through virgin
magical express & onsite transport at WDW included.
no dining plan, just OOP food expenses (most likely QS, unless i can get free dining - doubtful
cab return from wdw to IOA
direct flights LAX - MCO through southwest
DLR magical express family pass (5 ppl return for $99) - woot!!

i'm sure it will all change, but it's a pretty bare bones guide for now

now to stress about tax returns and my upcoming mega $$$ trip with carlo!!!

me (alicia): dbf (carlo):
2011 vacation - Of Mice, and Wizards and Pirates, oh my!

2013 trip - 3 castles and a Disney boat - a work in progress
alicia1506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:50 AM   #20
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia1506 View Post
ok so spent all weekend reading the birnbaums guide and being glued to mousesavers (which i have only ever used for DLR) and the disneyworld website... so many options.

these are my constraints:

i have 3 people coming on this trip that want the trip for $5000 total, all inclusive. only thing not to be included is discretionary spending money. so wow. tight, tight budget. oh, and did i mention their wish list includes

- a wdw stay
- at least a full day at wwohp
- a dcl cruise
- a dlr stay.

: clown:

yup. that is about how i'm feeling.

so i have considered and rejected the villas (either retail or dvc rental, just out of this budget ...

and have put together a rough plan:

nov 24-dec 1: wdw AoA resort for 5 adults, 2 in main bedroom, 2 on sofa, 1 on murphy bed. 5 full days at WDW, not including first day of rest, and 1 full day at WWOHP/IOA. 6 day hoppers just in case.

dec 1-5 - 4 night bahama cruise on the dream, stops include nassau and CC.
(hey, on that budget they're lucky they got the cruise included AT ALL). i really wanted a 7 night, or better yet the PC crossing, but these beggars can't be choosers.

dec 5-10 - 5 days at DLR for cars land and more time with the mouse. 5 day hopper tickets

direct flights bne - lax return through virgin
magical express & onsite transport at WDW included.
no dining plan, just OOP food expenses (most likely QS, unless i can get free dining - doubtful
cab return from wdw to IOA
direct flights LAX - MCO through southwest
DLR magical express family pass (5 ppl return for $99) - woot!!

i'm sure it will all change, but it's a pretty bare bones guide for now

now to stress about tax returns and my upcoming mega $$$ trip with carlo!!!
sounds like you have a good start..although remember the expedia.ie site for QF flights

if you could get AoA with free dining....but staying at AoA @ $50 pp per night, that's a steal..ok, it may be a bit cosy , but your not living there permanently..and it does have 2 bth rooms???

you should be able to do it for under 5K pp.....what cabin cat are you doing for DCL???

Have you thought of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas, we prefer this one, a lot cheaper, bigger and in our minds better for adults.
And sometimes you can do too much Disney((((((( shock horror))))))).
Old 07-09-2012, 01:43 AM   #21
PrincessInOz
in
Catch you at the other end

Sounds like you are already on to a great start. Given that you're doing so much disney, have you considered using an american TA? A number of us have trusted advisors that will do all the crunching, booking and re-booking for better deals when they come up.

Disneyland - Dec 1986, May 1990, Dec 1997, Aug 2003, Jun 2005, Jul 2007 TR, Nov 2008, The Mad Dash (Jan 2011, Nov 2012) Oct 14 PTR
Walt Disney World - Jun 2005, May 2010 (POR, BCV) PTR || TR, Oct 2010 (CSR) PTR || TR, Oct 2013 Anyone Game? PTR || TR in progress
Hong Kong Disneyland - Mar/Apr 2012 TR
PrincessInOz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:47 AM   #22
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by australiankaren View Post
sounds like you have a good start..although remember the expedia.ie site for QF flights

if you could get AoA with free dining....but staying at AoA @ $50 pp per night, that's a steal..ok, it may be a bit cosy , but your not living there permanently..and it does have 2 bth rooms???

you should be able to do it for under 5K pp.....what cabin cat are you doing for DCL???

Have you thought of Royal Caribbean Freedom of the seas, we prefer this one, a lot cheaper, bigger and in our minds better for adults.
And sometimes you can do too much Disney((((((( shock horror))))))).
I forgot about irish expedia !! Will check them out for great deals ...

Aoa for 50pp a night will be fab and crowded and it does have 2 bathrooms so it should be ok .. Its not like we will spend all our time in the room anyway ..so i am just happy that it works for us .. Although there is a surcharge for having mire than 2 adults in the room...

As it will be a first cruise for 3 of them they are adamant on it being dcl ... Gah... We will aldo be in cat 10a inside magic porthole rooms .. A big step do
n from our lovely cat 4 rooms this time round...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessInOz View Post
Sounds like you are already on to a great start. Given that you're doing so much disney, have you considered using an american TA? A number of us have trusted advisors that will do all the crunching, booking and re-booking for better deals when they come up.
I have asked dreams unlimited for quotes but would love other usa travel agent contact info especially if they are fab!

Old 07-09-2012, 05:14 AM   #23
australiankaren

I have an awesome TA.......

she knows how to get the most out of the whole disney thing
Old 07-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #24
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

alicia just wondering where you got the price for AOA from as we are averaging $286 a night in value season and that's without the extra charge you would have for extra adults in the room.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
alicia just wondering where you got the price for AOA from as we are averaging $286 a night in value season and that's without the extra charge you would have for extra adults in the room.
Sorry, i was rounding and doung a little wishful thinking ... The actual figures work out at approx $68 per person per night .. That is what happens when you dont use a calculator .. Also i am using this years rates for now as next years arent released until july 11 ...

Old 07-09-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
battymum
DIS Veteran

Do realize that nov 24 - dec 1 will be thanksgiving week just about the busiest time at wdw , i doubt you will get value prices or free dining
battymum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:27 PM   #27
WAMUMOF4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAMUMOF4 View Post
no need to be sorry I just didn't want you to get a shock when you reworked it out especially with the tight numbers you have to work with
Old 07-09-2012, 11:46 PM   #28
alicia1506
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by battymum View Post
Do realize that nov 24 - dec 1 will be thanksgiving week just about the busiest time at wdw , i doubt you will get value prices or free dining
well shoot!!!!! i forgot about thanksgiving ... might have to go early nov then...

Old 07-10-2012, 05:45 AM   #29
Minniemum
DIS Veteran

FYI Thanksgiving in 2013 is Nov 28

DLR - 1/92 O/S, 3/99 O/S, 6/99 O/S, 3/05 DLH, 9/08 DLH, 9/09 DLH, 9/13 O/S
DLP - 9/98
DCL Fantasy Eastern Caribbean - 9/13
WDW - 4/98 O/S, 10/10 POP, 9/11 POFQ, 9/12 POFQ, 9/13 POFQ, 9/14 POFQ

Minniemum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread