Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #16
MomiTo2SwtGuys
DIS Veteran

We used TGM for our trips in 2008,2009 and 2010. I bought it for help this year and the information was really no help at all. The least crowded park calendars were pretty good, but the website has went downhill big time. I will never use it again. And I also would not recommend it to anyone either.

MomiTo2SwtGuys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:14 PM   #17
maxiesmom
The Mean Squinty Eye Works Wonders

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanchris View Post
The TGM and EasyWDW recommended parks differ somewhat for our upcoming trip, and I've gone with TGM's recommendations while making my plans and ADRs, as that part is updated, and I like that he gives reasons behind his recommendations. I'm sticking with him for this trip, we'll see how it goes.
I truly hope you don't regret that decision. I've used Easy WDW for my last few trips, and found his advice to be spot on. I even compared the suggested days and park levels on Easy to those given by Touringplans.com for my trip this past March, and found Easy was way more accurate.

Last edited by maxiesmom; 07-03-2012 at 06:48 AM.
maxiesmom is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #18
litlpixie
Proudly stalking the CRO since 2001!!

I have used TGM in the past, about 3 trips worth, but havent in the past 2-3 years due to outdated info. Why would anyone pay for that when there are others that are, as people have stated, "spot-on" (like Josh, LOVE him!) and FREE!! Whatever the issues are, its sad that people are still into that whn theres SO much more accurate info out there at your fingertips that doesnt cost anything..here comes the subliminal messege: (easywdw.com)

litlpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 02:13 AM   #19
Geodesic
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
I have always been a huge TGM supporter, having used his site for years. I cannot in good faith anymore recommend his site to people who are NEW to Disney. If you are familiar with Disney, you can still find some useful info, especially on the forums. However, if you are new to Disney, the site is so out of date. I used it only for his Least Crowded Parks guide up until recently. Once my membership runs out, I will not be renewing. I understand and sympathize with his issues of depression. I feel sorry for him in that aspect but to continue taking people's money for a service he is no longer providing is wrong.
How sad! I hope he gets well soon - not only for his sake, but because the service he's provided in the past is really awesome.
Geodesic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #20
Yellosno
DIS Veteran

My mother was a big fan of his site, now she recommends people that shes knows not to use it. Such a sad story.
August 2005 Beach Club & Polynesian
January 2008 Wilderness Lodge
August 2011: Port Orleans French Quarter
July 2012: Saratoga Springs & Pop Century
August 2013: Boardwalk & Animal Kingdom Lodge
Yellosno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:35 AM   #21
Sadie22
DIS Veteran

It is so unDisneylike to hit a man when he is down. Shame! Mike is coping with his depression and working on updating his site. I enjoy reading it. It has entertainment value for me. I used his site for the first time years ago and weeks ago renewed for the trip I am planning which is still over a year away. That's right, Mike's terms run from when you start to plan until well after the planned trip. I feel good knowing I'm helping Mike.
Sadie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:48 PM   #22
reelmom
If I don't get tagged, I am gonna hold my breath until I am blue!
Didn't work. The tag turned blue instead!

I don't think we are hitting a man while he is down. We are stating a fact that his website is not what it used to be and people should be aware that it is not up to date.
reelmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:14 PM   #23
CanadianPaco
Canadian
I was 5'4" because of my big hair

Aside from personal issues, the site is outdated and to pay for out dated info makes no sense. I used it once and found it of no use.
Aug 2009 - ASMu / Aug 2010 - POFQ
Aug 2007 - HoJos - DL / April 2009 - HoJos - DL
Aug 2004 - ASMo / July 2005 - Pop
CanadianPaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:27 PM   #24
Alesia
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadie22 View Post
It is so unDisneylike to hit a man when he is down. Shame! Mike is coping with his depression and working on updating his site. I enjoy reading it. It has entertainment value for me. I used his site for the first time years ago and weeks ago renewed for the trip I am planning which is still over a year away. That's right, Mike's terms run from when you start to plan until well after the planned trip. I feel good knowing I'm helping Mike.
I feel bad for him, but the fact is that he's taking people's money and not providing the promised service. That's stealing, plain and simple. He should take the website down and stop accepting people's money if his personal issues are preventing him from updating.

Alesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:57 PM   #25
rascooby
He is so happy and thankful! He licks his bowl clean and then looks for more.

I've been so disappointed with that website too. I used it in 2004 and it was great, in 2010 we used it again and it was fairly outdated. This time I signed up again, knowing it was not as good as it used to be, but hoping it would get better. It hasn't. I'm sorry for whatever issues he may have, but he hasn't even logged on to the site since the end of May. He shouldn't still be taking people's money. I no longer think it will get better before my November trip. I'm compiling what I can from other sites and I'm sure we'll still have a great trip.

(me) (DH) (DD 8) (DD 4) (DD 3)

2004- Offsite, 2009- CBR ~ Planning for December 2012!!!

A rose can say "I love you", orchids can enthrall, but a weed bouquet in a chubby fist, yes, that says it all. ~Author Unknown
rascooby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #26
LuvSnowWhite
Mouseketeer

I am sorry to hear that Mike is going through a rough patch and I hope he comes out of it, but I do agree that he should stop the site for now if it's not being maintained. Granted, it has a very good group of people on the forum, so that info and those tips would be up to date. But we have that here for free.
LuvSnowWhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 07:56 PM   #27
funfam
Mouseketeer

We have used all of the above mentioned site and I can say that I do not recommend TGM at all anymore. I loved his site and felt that I got so much out of it, but he seems to have given up on it completely. I don't know if it is due to health or other concerns, I just know, as a customer, that he no longer provides the promised service.
I do like easywdw and touring plans. Both are great for the planner who is looking for advice. The crowd charts are great and you can really research to your heart's content.
For those who are looking for a one stop shop that takes care of everything, I recommend Custom Mouse Plans. That is the service if you don't want to do your own research and plans. They get some information and do it all for you.
That is my two sense on the planning sites out there
funfam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM   #28
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer

I also swore by TGM when we used his site to plan our family of sevens first trip to WDW from Xmas day 2004 to January 5th, 2005 and by following his advice we had an AMAZING trip! The one day we did not follow my "plan" - was the day it took us over an hour just to walk down Main Street - did not ride anything - only made our ressies for lunch and dinner - we all agreed to continue to follow moms plans the remainder of the trip and were sooo happy. I joined his site again last year to help with my PHM trip and again found his info invaluable. Last week I rejoined for the upcomming PHM 2013 and was very dissapointed. I paid the fee - there was no mention of anything before paying...then as I began reading I realized there were things I knew from this site that were not written...but when there was no mention of the new rules of using fast passes I knew something was terribly wrong...I went to the forum and the super great people still there were kind enough to tell me what was going on. I am very sorry for Mikes difficulties. I wish him well. The problem is that I immediately requested a refund and after the automated message saying my email was recvd I have not heard anything. Again I feel for Mike, but to continue to take peoples money for a service he is no longer providing is just plain W.R.O.N.G....
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 PM   #29
Dizisfun
Mouseketeer

We used TGM a few years ago.....and paid his fee. We only bought his service the one time though. There other other free sites out there that we can use to gather basically the same info.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #30
Mickeynutty
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by alesia View Post
i feel bad for him, but the fact is that he's taking people's money and not providing the promised service. That's stealing, plain and simple. He should take the website down and stop accepting people's money if his personal issues are preventing him from updating.
ita!
Mickeynutty is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: