Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #1081
dorito6778
Earning My Ears

thanks!
dorito6778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1082
calker
Mouseketeer

Your designs are amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

We are planning a cruise for 2013 and I will print off a set of ears for our stateroom door. Again thank you in advance.

calker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #1083
sari8970
Mouseketeer

These are amazing! Do you personalize them? I tried to do it, but the program I need to do that in seems to change all the sizes because it just moves the image to the page and then I need to pull the sides to enlarge it. I have no idea how big these are supposed to be to even have a clue. I read that you said the image needed to be printed on 100%, but since I'm trying to transfer it to a different program it gets all messed up.

I can personalize it if there's a way to figure out what size they are actually supposed to be. Any way you can help me?

Thanks so much!

Sari
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #1084
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by llqool View Post
Is there a link to the statue of liberty stateroom ears? I see the photo on the first page of this thread, but no link. And I have done several searches (and looked through many pages) but haven't found it. Can anyone help? I would like to have it for our NYC/Canada cruise!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
Thank you so much! This will be excellent on the door!

LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #1085
Pwac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
These are amazing! Do you personalize them? I tried to do it, but the program I need to do that in seems to change all the sizes because it just moves the image to the page and then I need to pull the sides to enlarge it. I have no idea how big these are supposed to be to even have a clue. I read that you said the image needed to be printed on 100%, but since I'm trying to transfer it to a different program it gets all messed up.

I can personalize it if there's a way to figure out what size they are actually supposed to be. Any way you can help me?

Thanks so much!

Sari
If you create a 7.5-inch in diameter circle, then you should be able to adjust the size to fit around that (the size you need for the door). HTH.
Pwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #1086
msliz2u
Earning My Ears

Thank you for sharing these! I'm going to try to make some for us!
msliz2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #1087
grumpalina
Mouseketeer

Smile

subbing- fantastic stuff!!!
grumpalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #1088
sari8970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwac View Post
If you create a 7.5-inch in diameter circle, then you should be able to adjust the size to fit around that (the size you need for the door). HTH.
I made a circle which actually was 7.7" to have the diameter be 7.5" when I measured it after printing. I save the pictures and didn't edit the sizes and made sure there was no scaling or anything when I printed. They are still coming out too small. I tried to make one bigger (the pirate hat with the mickey ears) and it still didn't fit over the circle. The middle part seems to fit over the circle, but then as I go out to the sides it's coming into the cirlce.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks so much!
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #1089
Pwac
Mouseketeer

What program are you using?
Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #1090
sari8970
Mouseketeer

Word. I tried to use a print program I had, but I wasn't able to add the fonts I wanted to it. I read a tutorial on how to use word for these things and everything else has worked perfectly, even personalizing some of the items I'm doing.

I can make the pictures bigger and smaller, but I had left it the same. Do you know if they should be a certain size in height and width? If so, is it the same for all of them or does it vary based on the design? I can probably cut part of the design off to make it not go into the circle because the middle is fine, but I'd rather figure out how to get it the right way and not do that.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #1091
stitch101
Earning My Ears

Thank you for your awesome work on these....I'm going to use the stitch ears for my up coming cruise.
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #1092
tinkeringbells
Earning My Ears

stateroom ears

Thank you so much for sharing these designs. We are really excited to make these for our first cruise!
tinkeringbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #1093
Pwac
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
Word. I tried to use a print program I had, but I wasn't able to add the fonts I wanted to it. I read a tutorial on how to use word for these things and everything else has worked perfectly, even personalizing some of the items I'm doing.

I can make the pictures bigger and smaller, but I had left it the same. Do you know if they should be a certain size in height and width? If so, is it the same for all of them or does it vary based on the design? I can probably cut part of the design off to make it not go into the circle because the middle is fine, but I'd rather figure out how to get it the right way and not do that.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
I remember having trouble with one of them and the only way I could get it to work was to open it in Paint. I never use Paint for anything but it worked for this. Maybe you could try that? I had trouble with the sombrero, tiara, and plain Mickey ears so I tried many different things before I got them to work and the same fix didn't work for all of them.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #1094
sari8970
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwac View Post
I remember having trouble with one of them and the only way I could get it to work was to open it in Paint. I never use Paint for anything but it worked for this. Maybe you could try that? I had trouble with the sombrero, tiara, and plain Mickey ears so I tried many different things before I got them to work and the same fix didn't work for all of them.
I tried it in Paint and it came out even smaller. I wondered if maybe mine was printing too big, but now that it's smaller it comes even more into the circle.

I wish I had an idea of just how big they are supposed to be. I've looked at the pictures on here and others that people have posted of their doors and it's so hard to tell.

Thanks for trying to help me.
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1095
Rebecca 27690
Earning My Ears

I want to thank you for all these designs. On Wonder in October to Hawaii and have already made a few for cabin door. going to change them out most every day!!! thank you again.

[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/

Rebecca 27690 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: