Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-28-2012, 10:33 AM   #1081
dorito6778
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20

thanks!
dorito6778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 AM   #1082
calker
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: WI
Posts: 202

Your designs are amazing! Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

We are planning a cruise for 2013 and I will print off a set of ears for our stateroom door. Again thank you in advance.
__________________


calker is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #1083
sari8970
Mouseketeer
 
sari8970's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 153

These are amazing! Do you personalize them? I tried to do it, but the program I need to do that in seems to change all the sizes because it just moves the image to the page and then I need to pull the sides to enlarge it. I have no idea how big these are supposed to be to even have a clue. I read that you said the image needed to be printed on 100%, but since I'm trying to transfer it to a different program it gets all messed up.

I can personalize it if there's a way to figure out what size they are actually supposed to be. Any way you can help me?

Thanks so much!

Sari
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:54 PM   #1084
LWQuestie
I'm the Rocketeer!
 
LWQuestie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,052

Quote:
Originally Posted by llqool View Post
Is there a link to the statue of liberty stateroom ears? I see the photo on the first page of this thread, but no link. And I have done several searches (and looked through many pages) but haven't found it. Can anyone help? I would like to have it for our NYC/Canada cruise!

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyfan1 View Post
Thank you so much! This will be excellent on the door!
__________________


LWQuestie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 PM   #1085
Pwac
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
These are amazing! Do you personalize them? I tried to do it, but the program I need to do that in seems to change all the sizes because it just moves the image to the page and then I need to pull the sides to enlarge it. I have no idea how big these are supposed to be to even have a clue. I read that you said the image needed to be printed on 100%, but since I'm trying to transfer it to a different program it gets all messed up.

I can personalize it if there's a way to figure out what size they are actually supposed to be. Any way you can help me?

Thanks so much!

Sari
If you create a 7.5-inch in diameter circle, then you should be able to adjust the size to fit around that (the size you need for the door). HTH.
Pwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #1086
msliz2u
Earning My Ears
 
msliz2u's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 16

Thank you for sharing these! I'm going to try to make some for us!
msliz2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:49 PM   #1087
grumpalina
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 121

Smile

subbing- fantastic stuff!!!
grumpalina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:51 PM   #1088
sari8970
Mouseketeer
 
sari8970's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwac View Post
If you create a 7.5-inch in diameter circle, then you should be able to adjust the size to fit around that (the size you need for the door). HTH.
I made a circle which actually was 7.7" to have the diameter be 7.5" when I measured it after printing. I save the pictures and didn't edit the sizes and made sure there was no scaling or anything when I printed. They are still coming out too small. I tried to make one bigger (the pirate hat with the mickey ears) and it still didn't fit over the circle. The middle part seems to fit over the circle, but then as I go out to the sides it's coming into the cirlce.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks so much!
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:36 PM   #1089
Pwac
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 154

What program are you using?
Pwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:45 PM   #1090
sari8970
Mouseketeer
 
sari8970's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 153

Word. I tried to use a print program I had, but I wasn't able to add the fonts I wanted to it. I read a tutorial on how to use word for these things and everything else has worked perfectly, even personalizing some of the items I'm doing.

I can make the pictures bigger and smaller, but I had left it the same. Do you know if they should be a certain size in height and width? If so, is it the same for all of them or does it vary based on the design? I can probably cut part of the design off to make it not go into the circle because the middle is fine, but I'd rather figure out how to get it the right way and not do that.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #1091
stitch101
Earning My Ears
 
stitch101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Trenton, Ohio
Posts: 61

Thank you for your awesome work on these....I'm going to use the stitch ears for my up coming cruise.
__________________
Heather
stitch101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:36 PM   #1092
tinkeringbells
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 19

stateroom ears

Thank you so much for sharing these designs. We are really excited to make these for our first cruise!
tinkeringbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:24 PM   #1093
Pwac
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Texas
Posts: 154

Quote:
Originally Posted by sari8970 View Post
Word. I tried to use a print program I had, but I wasn't able to add the fonts I wanted to it. I read a tutorial on how to use word for these things and everything else has worked perfectly, even personalizing some of the items I'm doing.

I can make the pictures bigger and smaller, but I had left it the same. Do you know if they should be a certain size in height and width? If so, is it the same for all of them or does it vary based on the design? I can probably cut part of the design off to make it not go into the circle because the middle is fine, but I'd rather figure out how to get it the right way and not do that.

Thanks so much for your help. I really appreciate it!
I remember having trouble with one of them and the only way I could get it to work was to open it in Paint. I never use Paint for anything but it worked for this. Maybe you could try that? I had trouble with the sombrero, tiara, and plain Mickey ears so I tried many different things before I got them to work and the same fix didn't work for all of them.
Pwac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #1094
sari8970
Mouseketeer
 
sari8970's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 153

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pwac View Post
I remember having trouble with one of them and the only way I could get it to work was to open it in Paint. I never use Paint for anything but it worked for this. Maybe you could try that? I had trouble with the sombrero, tiara, and plain Mickey ears so I tried many different things before I got them to work and the same fix didn't work for all of them.
I tried it in Paint and it came out even smaller. I wondered if maybe mine was printing too big, but now that it's smaller it comes even more into the circle.

I wish I had an idea of just how big they are supposed to be. I've looked at the pictures on here and others that people have posted of their doors and it's so hard to tell.

Thanks for trying to help me.
sari8970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:29 PM   #1095
Rebecca 27690
Earning My Ears
 
Rebecca 27690's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Boston Massachusetts Area
Posts: 22

I want to thank you for all these designs. On Wonder in October to Hawaii and have already made a few for cabin door. going to change them out most every day!!! thank you again.
__________________


[url='http://www.mickeypath.com/']

[/



Rebecca 27690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tie Dye Instructions for Spiral Mickey Shirt MNRMommy Creative DISigns 3155 07-18-2014 10:38 PM
July 6, 2010 - 7/6/2010 ~ Pounds to Rubles ~ Mickey invades the Baltic Sea nzdisneymom Disney Cruise Meets 3828 08-11-2010 05:26 PM
Northern Sights and Mickey's MAGICal Delights-1st Baltic Cruise-June 12,2010-Pt 2 gydell Disney Cruise Meets 3435 07-16-2010 05:38 PM
7/18/2010 Mickey's Baltic Ballyhoo!! Part 4 jilljill Disney Cruise Meets 3746 10-07-2009 07:36 PM
Celebrating A 5th Birthday with Mickey & Rain,May 2009! Completed.. kaysmommie Completed Trip Reports 822 08-21-2009 09:14 PM

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: