Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #196
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDHC View Post
Ashley, you took the LINK train to downtown Seattle from the Seattle-Tacoma airport, right? What station did you get disembark from and how long was the train ride? Is that closest station to the pier. I have a car rental that I need to return to the airport and am thinking of taking the train back to the pier. Thanks.

I second what Tink said! We did take the LINK from the airport to downtown, however the Pier that Disney sails out of is Smith Cove at Pier 91 and the link will not get you there, we got from our hotel to the Pier by taxi, and then the day we got back we used Seattle Shuttle to get around town and then eventually back to the airport.

To answer your question we took the Link from the airport to Westlake station and I think it took maybe 30 minutes 45 minutes max to get there. If you don't have luggage and still want to use public transportation there is a bus stop at the Pier, don't know your exact circumstances though, but a shuttle as she suggested would be a good option too, hope that helps but feel free to ask more if you need extra info!
AAshleySEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #197
Momma2Jax
DIS Veteran

I second the above.... Pier 91 is honestly not close to any of the Seattle tourist areas, so your best bet would be a taxi, or a bus if you can! The Link is not a city-wide train

Me DH DS 5

Momma2Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #198
barbbarnes
Earning My Ears

Ashley I just want to thank you for taking the time to put together such a great TR! It was so helpful in planning for our trip in August and for just getting so excited! Your video was awesome too, you are so creative!!! Well thanks again and I hope you have a great trip in August. Are you going on the Dream? We were on the Dream last year for a 5 night cruise and in was excellent! CC is amazing and one of my favorite places!
barbbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:48 PM   #199
WDHC
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
I second what Tink said! We did take the LINK from the airport to downtown, however the Pier that Disney sails out of is Smith Cove at Pier 91 and the link will not get you there, we got from our hotel to the Pier by taxi, and then the day we got back we used Seattle Shuttle to get around town and then eventually back to the airport.

To answer your question we took the Link from the airport to Westlake station and I think it took maybe 30 minutes 45 minutes max to get there. If you don't have luggage and still want to use public transportation there is a bus stop at the Pier, don't know your exact circumstances though, but a shuttle as she suggested would be a good option too, hope that helps but feel free to ask more if you need extra info!
Thanks Ashley, Tink and Mommy. LINK doesn't get me to the Pier, got it.
WDHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:44 PM   #200
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbbarnes View Post
Ashley I just want to thank you for taking the time to put together such a great TR! It was so helpful in planning for our trip in August and for just getting so excited! Your video was awesome too, you are so creative!!! Well thanks again and I hope you have a great trip in August. Are you going on the Dream? We were on the Dream last year for a 5 night cruise and in was excellent! CC is amazing and one of my favorite places!
You are so welcome! I really had a blast making it! To answer your question, Yes we are going on the Dream on a 5 Night Double Dip to CC!! I cannot wait, from the first moment that I watched DCL DVDs I have wanted to go there! I am glad to hear that it is one of your favorite places, as I am sure it will become one of mine too..hehe!! I hope you guys have a fantastic trip in August, oh wait you are going with Disney, of course it will be awesome!!
Old 07-07-2012, 08:49 AM   #201
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAshleySEG View Post
Well I don't know how to turn back time, but you could always book another cruise...LOL, we are already 46 days away from our other one on the Dream...I think we have become officially addicted to DCL, plus we get to see the Dodgers again YAY!
I know what you mean. Have you been on the Dream? Completely different to the Wonder but similar in a way. You'll love it. I am trying to get another one of those in lol.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:15 AM   #202
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
I know what you mean. Have you been on the Dream? Completely different to the Wonder but similar in a way. You'll love it. I am trying to get another one of those in lol.
We have not been on the Dream! The Wonder to Alaska was our first DCL cruise! I cannot wait for this one! I heard the ship is beautiful! We were so excited that we managed to score a really low GTY rate so we just scooped it up. It will be one last vacation for Jeremy this year before he goes into outtage from September-December...yuck!
Old 07-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #203
Señor DonDuck
DIS Veteran

Spent the morning reading your report from start to finish and what a delightful read! Thanks for the wonderful TR!
Señor DonDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 05:39 PM   #204
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Señor DonDuck View Post
Spent the morning reading your report from start to finish and what a delightful read! Thanks for the wonderful TR!
I feel bad that you used your whole morning reading my TR...LOL, at least you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading!!!
Old 07-08-2012, 03:50 PM   #205
tobyjasper1970
Mouseketeer

Alaska b2b to La 3/09/2012

thanks for your pictures and commentary. Looking forward to our 19th Wedding Anniversary tripa, cruise Seattle to Vancouver on 3rd Sept then Vancouver to LA, which will be our 2nd and 3rd cruises ever an all with DCL. Our first cruise was Sept 2011 from Barcelona to Florida repo cruise which was amazing
55 days to go until we reach Seattle for 2 days of chilling and eating

Mike & Tracy both 42 from Scotland UK ttxx
tobyjasper1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #206
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyjasper1970 View Post
thanks for your pictures and commentary. Looking forward to our 19th Wedding Anniversary tripa, cruise Seattle to Vancouver on 3rd Sept then Vancouver to LA, which will be our 2nd and 3rd cruises ever an all with DCL. Our first cruise was Sept 2011 from Barcelona to Florida repo cruise which was amazing
55 days to go until we reach Seattle for 2 days of chilling and eating

Mike & Tracy both 42 from Scotland UK ttxx
That trip sounds fantastic! I'm jealous! I'm glad you liked my report, I just try to model mine after ones I like to read! so cool about the west bound transatlantic! For our 6th Anniversary next year Jeremy and I are going on the Eastbound Transatlatic from Galveston to Barcelona on May 18th and I can't wait to start the planning for that one! Thanks again for reading!!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #207
disneydiva16
DIS Veteran

Just found your trip report! All I can say is...AmAzInG!!!

RobinDh Matt ds22 dd14 dd7
https://sites.google.com/site/counti...olidays121314/Link to web page!!
Old 07-08-2012, 07:03 PM   #208
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydiva16 View Post
Just found your trip report! All I can say is...AmAzInG!!!
Thank you! Well I think you were complimenting the TR? But Alaska was amazing too, so maybe you were referring to that...LOL It was much more awe inspiring than the TR was...ROFL Thanks again!!
Old 07-09-2012, 11:28 AM   #209
drrutherford
Earning My Ears

How did you make your magnets? What recommendations do you have for resizing the ears? And how do you request which places you want to eat at on which nights? We're going to be onboard for the September 10th repositioning cruise.
drrutherford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 11:52 AM   #210
AAshleySEG
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrutherford View Post
How did you make your magnets? What recommendations do you have for resizing the ears? And how do you request which places you want to eat at on which nights? We're going to be onboard for the September 10th repositioning cruise.
For my magnets, I used photoshop to create/space them, and size them as needed. Then printed them out on my printer at home (note: I couldn't get any office places to do it for me because of copyright violations), then I just bought some magnet stickies at walmart in the craft section and stuck those on the back. Voila magnets! As far as resizing the ears goes, I am not sure what I am going to do yet, I am open to suggestions to everyone for that, I will try one more time with photoshop to see if I can get the right size, but if not I will more than likely just use different ears this time instead of the plain black ones, Not shown, I did use the pirate ones, and goofy one, and both of those worked fine! FYI!

To request a specific dining rotation you can either call DCL and tell them to put in the request for you, but if you booked through a Travel Agent, you have to get them to do it for you. I am not sure what the dining rotations are for the repo cruises or if they are the same as the regular ones, so I would just ask DCL to get an idea of what they are and maybe you can choose one from the options, but remember it is not guaranteed, just a request

Hope all of that helped, if you need more specific please feel free to ask! Thanks for reading my TR! Have a great day!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: