Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Weddings and Honeymoons > Planning our Happily Ever After
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2012, 01:21 PM   #11
JBeanBunny
royal purple pigment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freckledginger View Post
Grand Total (thus far ): $17,449.20[/CENTER]

Yeah...it kinda blows my whole initial $12,000 budget out of the water, huh? Especially when you consider that my dress & the rings aren't even added on there yet. Luckily, we have money in savings and my parents are helping (big time) by paying for my dress and the DP. I've learned two things from this experience: weddings are ridiculously expensive (for the most part; I realize there are exceptions to this, and some brides are able to do AMAZING weddings for a lot less money) and you will want more things for your wedding than you initially anticipated (e.g. DP, cute decorations that Etsy or Pinterest convinces you that you need, etc.). Oh well, I guess you expect to only get married once, so why not go big
Ahh, Pinterest will be the death of me!! haha! As if I need any new ideas!!! I'd considered showing my budget and around how much we'd spent, but being engaged for over 2 years and doing SO much myself over those 2 years, I have absolutely NO clue how much I've spent at JoAnn's, Michael's, Brambleberry, Hobby Lobby, Etsy, Target's Dollar Spot, etc... Not to mention what my mom has helped me with- I'm sure the number is sensationally large, and I don't even want to know how much I've sunk into DIY projects! I really ought to quit my job and craft for a living, if only I knew how to survive as such!

I'm totally jealous of your DP, everything sounds so lovely! And then I nearly had a heart attack when looking at the expense report! $495 for an iPod hookup? Seriously? But I know it's going to be a gorgeous event! I'm thrilled that you're having photography for the event too! That way you can look back on all of your wonderful wedding events (and show them off!) I'm dying to see all of your photos!
JBeanBunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: