Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 09:57 AM   #16
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mermaid764
Hi Emma, I remember reading your last TR and loving it so i'm all excited to follow along on this one
Welcome!!! Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch
Yeaaa! I'm in!

And I absolutely love your TR title!
Yay!! Welcome!

LOL thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88
I'M HERE!!! I'm so excited!
Yayyyyy!!!!! Welcome!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmama3
Hi! I'm new and stumbled upon your TR, can't wait to read about your trip!
Glad you're here!! Welcome aboard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw
Yay! You started the TR!

I'm so sorry y'all had Debby trying to ruin the vacation. But, it sounds like y'all made the show go on!

I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you two ladies had in Disney!
I'm so excited to start writing it! Thanks for joining in!

Yes, Debby was a downer, but we made the best of it!! Yay! I can't wait to tell you all about it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussells08
I'm here! I'm here! I have been so excited for this TR! I really loved reading your PTR and getting to know you and your mom! You're both so lovely, and I'm so glad you had the opportunity to take this trip together!
Yay!!! Thank you!!! I'm so excited to start and I'm so happy that you're joining in!!

I can't wait to hear all about your trip!!! I hope you have a blast!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Visiting Mom for the holidays! January 2014 TR (Current)
Moving Mom to FL and DBF's first Disney trip June 2013 PTR and TR
Mother/Daughter June 2012 PTR and TR
Graduation/Anniversary Trip July 2010 TR
emma212010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 12:16 PM   #17
wdwtwins
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Hi! I'll be subbing in! It's looking good!

wdwtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-07-2012, 03:29 PM   #18
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtwins View Post
Hi! I'll be subbing in! It's looking good!
Welcome!! Thank you!!
1997-POFQ (First Visit!), 1998-ASMo, 2001-ASM, 2003-POFQ, 2003-CBR, 2005-offsite, 2006-offsite, 2007-Poly & offsite, 2009-POR, 2010-Dolphin & Poly, 2012- POP & POFQ, 2013 June-Dolphin, 2013 July- AKL, 2014 Jan- AoA, 2014 July- CBR

Old 07-07-2012, 03:45 PM   #19
emma212010
DIS Veteran

The Arrival

The Arrival
Wednesday June 20, 2012

Mom woke up bright and early at 3:00am to get ready in the bathroom quietly without waking Step Dad who had to work a few hours later. I was up by 3:15am and very excited AND groggy!! I had packed up most of my things the night before, so all I had to do was throw my toiletries into a plastic bag, pack the plastic bag in my suitcase, and load my suitcase into the car, in that order. It was go time! I got ready in a record time of 15 minutes, and we loaded our luggage into the car. We rolled out of our driveway by 3:43am and got ready to make the two hour long drive to the airport- ugh!! We stopped by Cumberland Farms for a snack/breakfast. We got back on the road at 3:54am, and we were on our way to the airport!
We got sodas (mine was Coke with lemon favoring and mom had Coke with Cherry flavoring) and snacks.

I cracked open my chocolate muffin for breakfast. It was yummy but definitely NOT Disney quality!! I could not wait to start eating that delicious Disney food!!!! We were so close!

Mom had a packaged egg salad sandwich…for breakfast! LOL I thought it looked quite icky, but she’s not a breakfast person!

We made it to the airport by 6:15am and parked in the long term parking lot in lot c12- just in case you wanted to know. LOL!

We booked it over to the tram to take us to the airport and, of course, one was already there! We ran/walked as quickly as we could while rolling our luggage behind us! We luckily made it and loaded everything on the bus. I’m really not a fan of giving my luggage to someone else to lift onto the tram just so I can give them a dollar. I’m sorry, but I am perfectly capable of lifting a 50 lbs suitcase onto a table! I like to do things myself without having to rely on other people for things who are just looking for a tip! Ok, ok, first rant of the TR, but I promise this rant is over! LOL! When we were on the tram, there was music playing at the song “Good Life” that is on the Disney commercials! How cool!! That definitely got us more excited!!!

We went to wait in a looooong line to check in for our flight. It moved pretty quickly, and soon we said goodbye to our luggage and made our way to security. Security was pretty smooth and we got to the terminal with only 30 minutes until boarding. We wanted some real food in our bellies, so I went looking for a place that was open at 7:00 in the morning! There was a Dunkin’ Donuts, but let me tell you it was MOBBED!!!! OMG that line was so long!! There was also a restaurant/bar that was selling breakfast food with a shorter line. Well, maybe everyone didn’t want to eat there because the service was soooooooo slooooooowwwwww!!!!!! It took so long to get through to order and to actually get my food! When I finally received my bagel with egg, cheese, and ham, and my water, I booked it back to the terminal where my mom was waiting for me! I was back right in time to get lined up for boarding. We had paid for early bird check in which means that we could pick our seats before the general boarding. Our numbers were A44 and A45. While we were in line, we started talking to a young man who was going home to Orlando! He was on vacation in New Hampshire, and we were leaving New England to go on vacation to Orlando! He hated living in Florida! Too hot, too crowded, too many tourists he said…he’s crazy!

We boarded the plane by 7:15am, and got seats together! I got the window seat, and mom was in the middle. Ironically the guy we were talking to in line, switched with some guy who was sitting in our aisle seat whose family was behind him.

Once seated and situated, I unwrapped this beauty and Mom and I shared a delicious breakfast.

I love Southwest! <3

When I could, I turned on my electronic devices and listened to my Disney podcasts and music to get in the ZONE! They handed out vanilla wafers for a snack instead of peanuts because there was a peanut allergy on board.

Our stewardess was HILARIOUS!!!! She kept making jokes during the safety spiel. My personal favorite was when she was explaining how to use the oxygen mask. “If you are travelling with more than one child and have to use the oxygen mask, attend to the one who has the most potential first.” LOL! I died!! There were so many joke that I just can’t remember! Our captain was really nice too! When he came across the speakers, he said that we were “going to where Mickey lives!” Eeeee!!!!! Yay!!! We were so close!

So, I’m basically obsessed with the view from the plane- the clouds are so beautiful!!!

They’re all patchy and SO COOL LOOKING!

Ok, last one I promise!!

The ride was very smooth, and we started descending at 9:30am!

We landed at 10:30, and we ran off the plane,

onto the fake monorail,

through the airport,

and down the stairs to Disney’s Magical Express!

To the left! To the left!

Ok, so we waited SO LONG for a bus! First, we walked right through the line and right out the door to the bus waiting for us! Well, it was too full, so we had to wait with this other family up on benches beside the window. I’m pretty sure every other line got on a bus while we were sitting there. It was awful!! Well, we finally reminded the CM about us, and were ushered to our bus. It was a real one too!!

Those seats were NOT made for tall people!! I was in the aisle seat, and every time someone would walk by, I’d get smacked with their bag because my legs had a really hard time fitting in the seat! LOL it was uncomfortable!

Our driver was Darrell Myles and he wasn’t very animated, but he was very nice! I just couldn’t wait to get there!!!!

We finally left MCO by 11:00am, and we realized how HUNGRY we were!!!! We passed under the beautiful signs, but sadly this is the best picture I could get because my phone was acting up and we weren’t very close to the front!

We stopped at Caribbean Beach first, and then Pop was the next stop!!

Stay tuned for more!!

Last edited by emma212010; 07-13-2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #20
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

I think I see a hidden Mickey cloud in one of your plane window pictures!

Seeing your picture of the MCO atrium reminded me - last trip was the first time I realized that those windows and balconies were actually hotel rooms! I reeeeealy don't have the desire to have the inside of the airport, especially the security entrance area, as my hotel room view!

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #21
marDgreen88
DIS Veteran

Okay, so before I begin with my comment I had wanted to tell you- if you notice on my future/new TR that the beginning of our intros are oddly similar, please don't think I ripped you off! Hahah I'm way too eager for my new trip and I want to get the TR started like AS SOON as I get back, so I already wrote the intro like... 2-3 weeks ago. (HAHAHA I'm so lame.) I did a similar thing in my last TR but it had to do with the Disney busses, but since I'm staying at a monorail resort I wanted to apply it to the monorail this time! I'm sorry this is so long-winded but I just wanted you to know... I guess great minds think alike! Anyways...

You can get lemon flavoring in your Coke?! I had no idea! How is that? It sounds interesting! (The random things I choose to comment on, I swear...)

Sounds like a pretty good travel day! And yall didn't get lost or go the wrong way to the Magical Express... bravo!!! YAY FOR ARRIVING!
Old 07-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #22
wdwtwins
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney

Good job on the update!!

wdwtwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #23
Zuzu03
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Seeing your picture of the MCO atrium reminded me - last trip was the first time I realized that those windows and balconies were actually hotel rooms!
Yes, one trip Emma and I had rented a really nice pool house in Emerald Isle and had been there for several days before my sister, my mom and THEN my niece all arrived. We had to make the trip to the airport three different days to pick them all up (and then return them) and my niece's plane was delayed for hours (she'd been playing rugby for Ohio State at UCLA). Emma and I spent long hours in that atrium waiting for her flight and I remember thinking how tired I was and gosh, wouldn't it be nice to have a room here for the night while we're waiting? Hahaahah!
Old 07-07-2012, 09:34 PM   #24
Reberella
Mouseketeer

I'm following along and excited to hear more! It sounds like you guys had a great time!
That stewardess sounds HILARIOUS! Lol I love when the pilots on the way to MCO know that practically everyone is going to Disney
Ahhhhh! Art of Animation is on the ME list! I haven't seen it yet... so exciting lol
Yay for real ME busses!

Reberella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:37 PM   #25
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu03 View Post
Yes, one trip Emma and I had rented a really nice pool house in Emerald Isle and had been there for several days before my sister, my mom and THEN my niece all arrived. We had to make the trip to the airport three different days to pick them all up (and then return them) and my niece's plane was delayed for hours (she'd been playing rugby for Ohio State at UCLA). Emma and I spent long hours in that atrium waiting for her flight and I remember thinking how tired I was and gosh, wouldn't it be nice to have a room here for the night while we're waiting? Hahaahah!
Desparate times calls for desparate measures, right? But I hear ya, when you end up waiting at an airport for more than an hour, a comfy couch or a bed of any kinds looks magnificent compared to the uncomfortable seats at the airport which has lost all its cushion.

I do seriously wonder though how soundproof those rooms are. That atrium gets pretty loud between all the travelers, over-the-speaker announcements etc.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:07 PM   #26
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

I'm here.

I got to know your mom on the June 2012 thread in the Doing the Happy Dance section. It was fun looking forward to our trips together. I looked for you all at Crystal Palace that morning we both had ADRs but a face to face was not to be.

Debbie sure made it more of an adventure than I'm sure any of us planned, but we didn't let it get us down either. Well, not for more than a few minutes anyway. Fortunately dd and I never had our "moments" at the same time. It was never long before we were cheered up again when we got down about the weather.

That being said, I'm toying with a shorter do-over for later this year. Not so much a do-over because our trip was great, but we talked at length about how we want to see the decorations again. I'm looking at November and looking even more closely December. Chances are slim, but it's fun to think about.

Looking forward to reading about your trip.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 11:09 PM   #27
mousetravel
DIS Veteran

I'm joining in on your TR! Sounds fun!
I love our Mom/Daughter trips. We were there around the same time you were, but we left on the 21st.
Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration! June 2012 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....3#post45286013
Mom/Daughter Christmas TR! 2011http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2851142
Mom/Daughter PTR: Christmas Trip! 2011 http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post42724982
Mom/Daughter Trip Report June 2011: Disney Dream! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2744972
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: Disney & Sea World 2010http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2443520
Mom/Daughter Trip Report: WDW & Disney Cruise 2009 ttp://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2095302
mousetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:16 AM   #28
amandaw
DIS Veteran

So glad y'all made it safely to the airport and to Disney!

But "Boo" for having to wait long for a ME bus. It's so hard waiting for the buses even when they come quick. Don't they know everyone wants to get to Disney right away?

So excited to hear more!

Okay, now this is completely off topic, but had to tell you: Since I started the C25K program, Ed has been after me to buy new tennis shoes (or as he would correct me & say - running shoes). I don't know why - my tennis shoes are only 8 years old. Anyway, I finally gave in to him & let him take me to some running store here. Well, I was standing there looking at all of the shoes, waiting for someone to come help me. They look at how you walk & stuff to recommend shoes. Anywhoooo.....this girl worker walks up behind me & asks if I need any help. I turn around to talk to her & OMG! I could've swore it was you! I have found your doppleganger & she lives in south Louisiana! That is unless you have secretly taken up a job down here in a running store for the summer. She truly looked so much like you....she was even really tall! I just had to share that with you...it was freaky.
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:00 AM   #29
xDisneyAngelx
"Paging Mr. Morrow, Mr. Tom Morrow, Your party from Saturn has arrived please give them a ring"

Hey just tuning into your TR. I can't wait to hear all about it :-)
Old 07-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #30
emma212010
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I see a hidden Mickey cloud in one of your plane window pictures!

Seeing your picture of the MCO atrium reminded me - last trip was the first time I realized that those windows and balconies were actually hotel rooms! I reeeeealy don't have the desire to have the inside of the airport, especially the security entrance area, as my hotel room view!
Oh really?? Hmm, I did that on purpose....

OMG I know!! It would be way too loud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marDgreen88 View Post
Okay, so before I begin with my comment I had wanted to tell you- if you notice on my future/new TR that the beginning of our intros are oddly similar, please don't think I ripped you off! Hahah I'm way too eager for my new trip and I want to get the TR started like AS SOON as I get back, so I already wrote the intro like... 2-3 weeks ago. (HAHAHA I'm so lame.) I did a similar thing in my last TR but it had to do with the Disney busses, but since I'm staying at a monorail resort I wanted to apply it to the monorail this time! I'm sorry this is so long-winded but I just wanted you to know... I guess great minds think alike! Anyways...

You can get lemon flavoring in your Coke?! I had no idea! How is that? It sounds interesting! (The random things I choose to comment on, I swear...)

Sounds like a pretty good travel day! And yall didn't get lost or go the wrong way to the Magical Express... bravo!!! YAY FOR ARRIVING!
That's ok! I didn't call dibs LOL! I'm just kidding, it's completely fine! Great minds definitely do think alike!!!

YES! It's so good!!! At our Cumberland Farms (gas station) we can get lemon, cherry, vanilla, and lime flavoring in the fountain sodas! It's basically the best thing ever!

Yes, it was actually pretty smooth sailing! We got really lucky with the whole not getting lost thing! I'm not sure how it didn't happen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwtwins View Post
Good job on the update!!
Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reberella View Post
I'm following along and excited to hear more! It sounds like you guys had a great time!
That stewardess sounds HILARIOUS! Lol I love when the pilots on the way to MCO know that practically everyone is going to Disney
Ahhhhh! Art of Animation is on the ME list! I haven't seen it yet... so exciting lol
Yay for real ME busses!
I love that too!! It gets you so much more excited!!

Well, we took a trip over there to look around and grab lunch in their food court, so you'll be able to see some of the pictures in my next update!! It's really an awesome resort! Very well themed and really cool- especially for families!!

Quote:
Desparate times calls for desparate measures, right? But I hear ya, when you end up waiting at an airport for more than an hour, a comfy couch or a bed of any kinds looks magnificent compared to the uncomfortable seats at the airport which has lost all its cushion.

I do seriously wonder though how soundproof those rooms are. That atrium gets pretty loud between all the travelers, over-the-speaker announcements etc.
I know!! It was looking very nice at that late hour!!

I can't imagine that it's completely quiet in those rooms! It must get pretty loud!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmy2babies View Post
I'm here.

I got to know your mom on the June 2012 thread in the Doing the Happy Dance section. It was fun looking forward to our trips together. I looked for you all at Crystal Palace that morning we both had ADRs but a face to face was not to be.

Debbie sure made it more of an adventure than I'm sure any of us planned, but we didn't let it get us down either. Well, not for more than a few minutes anyway. Fortunately dd and I never had our "moments" at the same time. It was never long before we were cheered up again when we got down about the weather.

That being said, I'm toying with a shorter do-over for later this year. Not so much a do-over because our trip was great, but we talked at length about how we want to see the decorations again. I'm looking at November and looking even more closely December. Chances are slim, but it's fun to think about.

Looking forward to reading about your trip.
Welcome! Yes, my mom told me about you and your family being at CP that morning!! We were looking for you too, but you must have been on the other side of the restaurant!

It sure did rain a lot, and it was hard to do a lot of the things you want to! Especially with children, it's hard to stay comfortable in the rain!

That might not be a bad idea!! The Christmas decorations are so beautiful, and I haven't been to see them in such a long time because of school!! It is very fun to think about it! Disney is the best thing to day dream about!!

Thank you! I hope you enjoy it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousetravel View Post
I'm joining in on your TR! Sounds fun!
I love our Mom/Daughter trips. We were there around the same time you were, but we left on the 21st.
Yay! Welcome!! It was a lot of fun- since it's just the two of us, we can really do what we want to!

Did you miss all the rain? I'm not sure what the weather was like before we arrived, but I do know it wasn't that rainy on Wednesday and Thursday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
So glad y'all made it safely to the airport and to Disney!

But "Boo" for having to wait long for a ME bus. It's so hard waiting for the buses even when they come quick. Don't they know everyone wants to get to Disney right away?

So excited to hear more!

Okay, now this is completely off topic, but had to tell you: Since I started the C25K program, Ed has been after me to buy new tennis shoes (or as he would correct me & say - running shoes). I don't know why - my tennis shoes are only 8 years old. Anyway, I finally gave in to him & let him take me to some running store here. Well, I was standing there looking at all of the shoes, waiting for someone to come help me. They look at how you walk & stuff to recommend shoes. Anywhoooo.....this girl worker walks up behind me & asks if I need any help. I turn around to talk to her & OMG! I could've swore it was you! I have found your doppleganger & she lives in south Louisiana! That is unless you have secretly taken up a job down here in a running store for the summer. She truly looked so much like you....she was even really tall! I just had to share that with you...it was freaky.
Thank you! I love landing at MCO! It's like yayyyy my vacation's starting!!!

Waiting for DME is the WORST!!! It's like ahhh I'm so close, but then I have to wait in this stinkin' line!

OMG That is too funny!!!!!! Ahhh, I love seeing dopplegangers for other people, but I've always wondered if I have one out there! Apparently I do!! That is awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDisneyAngelx View Post
Hey just tuning into your TR. I can't wait to hear all about it :-)
Thank you!! Welcome!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: