Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > The DIS Unplugged Podcast
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 09:12 AM   #1
JamieSimms91
"If I ever get the chance I wanna buy the Podcast Team a Drink"

Smile My DIS Story: I wanted to share with everyone...

Hey Everyone, Pete had asked to send in audio, which I'm currently working on but I also wanted to share my story with you..

I started listening to the podcast almost 4 years ago!,and starting to tell my story I can tell you all that was one of the best things that I ever did.

I started listening to the podcast at the end of my high school years before I went off to college and being a Disney Fan was never noticed because I was one of the majority that liked it.. compared to what other people like...

It was a cold and raining summer day and I stumbled across the Podcast on Itunes and thought to myself, I'm going to give this a go, at the time Iwas hooked...

Pete and the gang got me thru those hard days of studying and with learning difficulties its hard you know, but I DID IT!! and then moved onto the second qualification which everyone said I couldnt do BUT I DID AGAIN! and it was listening to the podcast during my study time and writing assignments and I did it again... During the second course, I had contacted the DIS to be apart of my work and corey did a great interview for my work, which I'm still to this day ever soo greatful... and during the last year I BECAME A MAJOR FAN of the DIS... And thnaks to the guys and all the thousands of DISer's on the board I BECAME A UNIVERSITY STUDENT, which in middle school they said I wouldnt never achieve.

I put it all to the Family Support plus the DIS!

After Listening to all of the podcasts Twice Over, one show that particularly stood out was Ben's show, as someone who is on the autism spectrum and has other difficulties.... it really showed me the power of the DIS and what caring, loving people you all are!... And I really applared Ben and his family! Ben, you are an Insperation for me writing this! Thank you!

Pete, Thanks for all the Hardwork that you and your team have put in over the past 15 years, you and the team are truely apart of my life and cant wait to meet you soon in London!...

Soo in Closing This was the first time I've ever posted anything about my Special needs, Thank you and god bless on the 4th of July
Old 07-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #2
EPCOT is a verb
Former Long-time lurkers
I remember reading something on the DIS about...

Beautiful story. Thanks for sharing! And best wishes in your studies.
EPCOT is a verb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #3
SamSam

DIS Veteran

Thanks for sharing and congratulations on making it to University. Your hard work and pereverence paid off!

The Podcast Team holds a special place in many of our hearts, I'm so glad that they helped you through difficult times and helped you achieve difficult goals.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
hockeymomNS
Has an in with immigration
There will be no discussion of the mud!

What a great story and congratualtions!!!!
hockeymomNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #5
Cherinva
Co-Host of the Va. DIS Meet and avid pin collector

What a nice story Jamie !!!

Don't let yesterday use up too much of todayºoº
Cherinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #6
HollyMac71
Sucks to have a dull life!

Wonderful story!
HollyMac71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 01:10 AM   #7
Mindy5767
Loving My DVC Membership

what a lovely story Jamie!! Congratulations on making it to University!! With DIS anything is possible!!

Mindy5767 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: