Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #121
kpadalik
DIS Veteran

Any reviews on golf excursions? We are doing 9/22 Fantasy Eastern and my DH is thinking about golfing.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #122
Renysmom
Just wondering what is going on
Something has to pay for my WDW trips LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by nenner1 View Post
Yes, you can take a taxi! It's way cheaper too!
Thanks for letting me know.

WDW Oct 2005--WDW Dec 2006-- WDW Dec 2007--WDW/Wonder Cruise Oct 2008--WDW March 2009--WDW July 2009--WDW Oct 2009 -- Magic Western Cruise Nov 2009--WDW Dec 2009--WDW Aug 2010--WDW/Wonder Cruise Dec 2010--WDW April 2011--WDW Aug 2011--WDW/Dream Oct 2011--WDW Dec 2011--WDW April 2012--Fantasy Eastern Oct 2012-- WDW May 2013 -- Fantasy Western Sept 2014
Renysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #123
goofygirl27
Earning My Ears

St. John Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour

Anyone who has been on the Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour- is there any availability of chairs/umbrellas on the beach? I was looking into doing this excursion with someone that does not snorkel as a way to hit a beach on St. John.
goofygirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #124
Silverfox97
PLATINUM Castaway Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofygirl27
Anyone who has been on the Trunk Bay Beach and Snorkel Tour- is there any availability of chairs/umbrellas on the beach? I was looking into doing this excursion with someone that does not snorkel as a way to hit a beach on St. John.
Just off Eastern Fantasy June 16-23; we dis this excursion. There are no beach chairs or umbrellas. DH snorkeled while DD & I swam. It was lovely!!! My only complaint was that we only had 90 min on the beach & I wish it was longer.

2016 Wonder Jan Southern ~ 2015 Magic June 11n Norway/Iceland; Dream Oct 4n ~ 2014 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Magic Oct Southern/B2B repo ~ 2013 Fantasy Mar Eastern; Dream Oct 4n; Oct Magic B2B ~
2012 Feb Dream & Fantasy x2 June Eastern, Dec Western ~ 2011 Magic x2 Jan 5n DD, Oct Western ~ 2010 Wonder Aug 5n DD ~ 2005 Fairytale Wedding @ GF Wedding Pavilion & 3n Wonder
Silverfox97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #125
Nette
DIS Veteran

Anyone know where the Kon Tiki beach stop is? If it's Magen's bay I think we might want to pass, but it looked like someone said that it stopped at Honeymoon Beach in St. John?

Also, I'd love reviews of Magen's Bay with a toddler (just turned 2). I read recently that the water is "warm, but murky" ... is that true?
Old 07-05-2012, 12:21 PM   #126
MickeyMinnieMelanie
Snow White: Fairest One of ALL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
Anyone know where the Kon Tiki beach stop is? If it's Magen's bay I think we might want to pass, but it looked like someone said that it stopped at Honeymoon Beach in St. John?

Also, I'd love reviews of Magen's Bay with a toddler (just turned 2). I read recently that the water is "warm, but murky" ... is that true?
When we went 3 years ago, The water was crystal clear. I swam/snorkeled close to the shoreline and saw all kinds of fish. This was in October. While Castaway Cay was a little murky, Meagan's Bay was not.
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
MickeyMinnieMelanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:27 PM   #127
goofygirl27
Earning My Ears

Does the Kon Tiki "dock" or do you have to get off into the water?
goofygirl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #128
nic100308
DIS Veteran

Hey!! DF and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy - Jan 26 Eastern Caribbean (itinerary B).

When we stop in San Juan we're going to do the Rainforest Tour. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ture-san-juan/
It is a bit pricey, $200 per person, but this is our first cruise EVER and our honeymoon so I figured we deserved a once in a lifetime experience. Plus we were drawn towards doing something active on one of our shore days to offset all the eating and celebrating we'll be doing.

For our St Thomas excursion I was originally going to go with the Champagne Tour but reading all the reviews I have decided to switch to the Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach Tour. They are basically the same, but I like the idea that you are served lunch with this one, even if it is a bit lack luster it's better than nothing and considering it's 6 hour tour I figured we were going to need to eat at some point.

I know that going through DCL on some of these things is a bit more expensive, but given this is our first cruise it makes it easy for us.
"My dearest friend, if you don't mind... I'd like to join you by your side. Where we can gaze into the stars... And sit together, now and forever. For it is plain, as anyone can see. We're simply meant to be." Jack and Sally

nic100308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 09:15 AM   #129
Nette
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nic100308 View Post
Hey!! DF and I will be honeymooning on the Fantasy - Jan 26 Eastern Caribbean (itinerary B).

When we stop in San Juan we're going to do the Rainforest Tour. http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/cr...ture-san-juan/
It is a bit pricey, $200 per person, but this is our first cruise EVER and our honeymoon so I figured we deserved a once in a lifetime experience. Plus we were drawn towards doing something active on one of our shore days to offset all the eating and celebrating we'll be doing.

For our St Thomas excursion I was originally going to go with the Champagne Tour but reading all the reviews I have decided to switch to the Turtle Cove and Honeymoon Beach Tour. They are basically the same, but I like the idea that you are served lunch with this one, even if it is a bit lack luster it's better than nothing and considering it's 6 hour tour I figured we were going to need to eat at some point.

I know that going through DCL on some of these things is a bit more expensive, but given this is our first cruise it makes it easy for us.

You won't regret it. Honeymoon Beach is THE most beautiful place I have ever seen. I've been trying to figure out how to get back there, but with a toddler, it just doesn't seem to be in the cards this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyMinnieMelanie View Post
When we went 3 years ago, The water was crystal clear. I swam/snorkeled close to the shoreline and saw all kinds of fish. This was in October. While Castaway Cay was a little murky, Meagan's Bay was not.
Thank you! I suspect the murkiness is just like the murkiness on CC... it's the bottom being stirred up over the day. Now, I just have to worry about the crowds... (I hate crowds!) I suppose worst case I'll have to pay a taxi to go back to the ship.
Old 07-07-2012, 06:05 AM   #130
3Goofy's
"If you are what you eat, then I only want to eat the good stuff." ~Remy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nette View Post
I saw the Kon Tiki boat when we were at Honeymoon Beach for the Full day Turtle Cove Sail and Snorkel. They left shortly after we arrived - maybe around 1pm or a bit before? It looked like they were having fun! There is no dock at Honeymoon Beach, but the boats come pretty close to shore, anchor and then it's a short swim in. I'm not sure if Kon Tiki had a little zodiak boat to transport passengers in if they didn't want to swim, but our's did.

** Please note! There are 2 Honeymoon Beaches - one on St John that is raved about endlessly (gotta get there), and THIS Honeymoon Beach on WATER ISLAND. This beach on Water Island is very nice - palm trees line the soft sand, the water is calm, clear and warm, and it is quite pretty. I just don't think it's as gorgeous as the reviews give the one on St John. We did not see much fish on Water Island for snorkeling.
Old 07-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #131
Scrappy_Tink
DIS Veteran

I'm hoping someone can assist...I'm already in planning mode, though I'm still a year out

I'm hoping someone that is closer to their cruise dates can help out...can you give me the TIMES (not duration) of the following excursions?

1. St. Thomas - Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Bay and Honeymoon Beach

2. St. Marteen - Beach Bash Tour (we were hoping if we did this, instead of the "French Riverea", we'd have more time for shopping on the Boardwalk/shopping district outside the port.

Thank you!!

Scrappy_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:09 PM   #132
belleandmaddysmom
Earning My Ears

Great thread! Learning so much about these excursions! Thank you for sharing your experiences.
belleandmaddysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 PM   #133
Bear3412
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy_Tink View Post
1. St. Thomas - Full Day Caribbean Sail & Snorkel to Turtle Bay and Honeymoon Beach

2. St. Marteen - Beach Bash Tour
1. 8:15
2. 1:30 Perhaps earlier time(s) booked?

HTH
Bear3412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #134
MickeyMinnieMelanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverfox97 View Post
Just off Eastern Fantasy June 16-23; we dis this excursion. There are no beach chairs or umbrellas. DH snorkeled while DD & I swam. It was lovely!!! My only complaint was that we only had 90 min on the beach & I wish it was longer.
Did you have time to do any shopping on the excursion at Trunk Bay or Cruz Bay?
*March 2015: WDW AKL *October 2013: WDW Animation Resort, 1st MNSSHP *October 2012: DCL Fantasy (STT, St. Maarten, CC) *Surprise WDW Bday trip, March 2012: Pop Century *June 2011: DL (me and DH) *December 2010: WDW VWL, 1st MVMCP *October 2009: DCL Magic (St.Croix, STT, CC)*June 2008: WDW BCV *May 2008: WDW All Star Sports *March 2006: WDW Pop Century *January 2005: WDW All Star Movies *October 2003: First WDW Disney trip as a family (All Star Music)
Old 07-07-2012, 07:57 PM   #135
MickeyMinnieMelanie

I'm sorry if this has been addressed in this thread but I've already read the through the thread once and lost my info that I jotted down. Has anyone done the See and Sea Island tour ? What did you think? Also the Under the 2 flags Island tour at St. Maarten? What did you think? Anytime for shopping? I'm looking for christmas ornaments and a Pandora store.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: