Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-05-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
rosermama
DIS Veteran

Flying in and out of Tampa

DH thinks that I am totally crazy I booked our flights in and out of Tampa. Since Jetblue is now offering non-stop flights to Tampa from Washington DC Regan Airport I thought I would check them out for our upcoming cruise. The flights were $70 one way and the 1st checked bag is free (bonus).

The rental car was signifanctly cheaper in Tampa as well, one way to the Port was $52 for a mid-sized and back from the port was $70 mid-size. If I take into account the extra gas and tolls I still save money.

The arrival isn't an issue since we are flying in the day ahead early in the day and by the time we get to AKV it will be close to 4pm check in time. But leaving is his issue, I got us on flight out of Tampa at 2:40pm and he thinks it will be cutting it close. I think he is nuts the airport is only another 60-90 mins away from MCO. The biggest traffic is getting out of PC. The latest you can get off the boat is 9:30ish it would give us 3.5 hrs to get our luggage a rental car and drive to Tampa (takes 2.5 hrs to drive). I think we will have plenty of time to get there no worries.

He wants to get off the boat sooner in the morning, I say no.

Anyone had experince with flying in and out of Tampa? Should he be worried and make us get off the boat sooner?
rosermama is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: