Ths DIS is a great place to ask Orlando Stroller rental questions and share tips.
Orlando Stroller Rentals is your #1 place to rent a high-end stroller to use during your family vaction to the Orlando area.  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 12:08 PM   #46
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Hit the 10 pound mark today, feels great. Although I have lots more to lose, I feel like this is working for me. I am rarely hungry and kicking my sugar habit which for me is very hard. I don't miss meat at all, what I miss most is bread, I did break down yesterday and have a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it. Other than that I have been strictly fruits, veggies and beans for the last week.
Happy Fourth of July everyone !!

disneymomof1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:53 PM   #47
Gorechick
DIS Veteran

I just had breast reduction surgery 2 weeks ago and am looking to drop at least 10 pounds by my August 16 trip. I carry all my weight in my stomach and it looks horrible. I had twins 7 years ago and was really stretched out. I didn't gain a lot as I was terribly sick and had complications. I ended up with a c- section and that screwed up my middle even more as now I have no ab muscle tone. Please give me some encouragement as I get into a routine to get in better shape.
DTD-Courtyard by Marriott August 1997
Wilderness Lodge Honeymoon August 2002
Port Orleans- French Quarter Anniversary (AND Hurricane Charley) August 2004
Port Orleans- Riverside Royal Room- 10th Anniversary and First Trip with Twins August 2012
DS's WISH trip - Hopefully Aulani Resort! Summer 2015

Me (44) DH (40) DS (9) DD (9)

Waiting impatiently for our next family WDW trip!
Gorechick is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #48
DisneyMomx7
DIS Veteran

I lost 17 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. 3 more to go!

I did it with nutri system. To me it's a wonder diet. I'm never hungry!

I really only needed to lose 15 but wanted to give myself a 5 lb. leeway so I could eat like crazy when we go to Disney. We leave in 10 days and we'll be there for two weeks!

I'm dreaming of eating Mickey bars!

GF-2003,2004,2005,2006,2008,2009,2011,2013,2014
YC-2006,2007,2008,2014 POLY- 2006,2007,2008
BC-2008,2009,2010,2011,2012,2013
HRH-2004,2006, RPR-2012, 2014
DisneyMomx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #49
happily single
Left foot first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorechick View Post
I just had breast reduction surgery 2 weeks ago and am looking to drop at least 10 pounds by my August 16 trip. I carry all my weight in my stomach and it looks horrible. I had twins 7 years ago and was really stretched out. I didn't gain a lot as I was terribly sick and had complications. I ended up with a c- section and that screwed up my middle even more as now I have no ab muscle tone. Please give me some encouragement as I get into a routine to get in better shape.
Not sure if this helps, but I learned in my kinesology class (study of movement and muscles) that a really good exercise for someone with stomach issues is to be side sit ups-meaning that when you "sit-up" you rotate your body to the left and then on the next "sit-up" you rotate to the left as opposed to sitting-up straight ahead.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
happily single is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #50
PrincessCastMember
Mouseketeer

I'm totally in it with you! I am also heading to WDW in late October for the Food & Wine Festival. I would like to lose about 15lbs before then. I used to be on Weight Watchers and had amazing success with the program and lost a little over 40lbs. I've gained about 10lbs of it back and I'm just having a hard time getting back on board the program again.

I do have to say I WASN'T dating my DBF when I lost the 40lbs and somehow I magically gained those 10lbs while I've been dating him...hmmmm...

Anywho, DBF is on board with me and we're working on it! My goal for this week is to hit the gym at least 3 times this week and to avoid eating the cafeteria food at my job. So far, so good!

Hope your progress is going well so far! Keep us posted!

http://disneylittlethings.blogspot.com/ My blog all about the little things that make WDW great, from a former Cast Member's point of view.

**A Proud Walt Disney World Former Cast Member**
2003 - 2004: Disney College Program, Hoop Dee Doo Revue
2006 - 2008: Magic Kingdom Guest Relations, Keys to the Kingdom Tour Guide
PrincessCastMember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:32 PM   #51
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyMomx7 View Post
I lost 17 lbs. in the last 8 weeks. 3 more to go!

I did it with nutri system. To me it's a wonder diet. I'm never hungry!
A good friend of mine also had great success with nutri system. I'd try it but I know hubs wouldn't participate. I can't deal with 2 different diets going on in our household. Basically I'm just cutting calorie intake and exercising more. Very simplistic but I think it'll work for me.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM   #52
KY*Figment
DIS Veteran

I'm in....

By Oct 5th hope to be -30#'s.
DD (9)
Kobe

9/2000 All Star Music, 9/2005 All Star Sports, 9/2006 Pop,
9/2007 Pop, 10/2008 CB, 5/2009 SSR, 10/2009 Vero & OKW, 6/10 AKV, 10/10 VWL, 4/11 BWV, 10/11 BLT, 4/12 HHI, 10/12 BLT, & 10/13 OKW
KY*Figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:49 PM   #53
scdufek
Mouseketeer

I'm loving this thread! Very encouraging! So far, I've managed to swim twice this week. I was a bit nervous getting on the scale today, but was down another 1.5pounds since Sat.(the last time i forced myself on the scale..Lol!) plus down 26.5inches overall in the last 12 weeks. I'm hoping not to stall out anytime soon!!! Keep up the good work fellow weight loss Disers!!! I can't wait to read how everyone is doing!

Last edited by scdufek; 07-04-2012 at 10:56 PM.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #54
Gator Kate

DIS Veteran

I love those pounds lost counters I spied on a few posts. So I went to their site and nabbed me one! You can even customize the background photo and button that tracks your pounds lost. I know it's only 2 so far, but fun none-the-less.
Old 07-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #55
DVCisME
DIS Veteran

I'm joining!!! I would love to lose 20 pounds by Sept. 1, when I turn 30...

Do we weigh in on a certain day?
DVCisME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:44 PM   #56
scdufek
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator Kate View Post
I love those pounds lost counters I spied on a few posts. So I went to their site and nabbed me one! You can even customize the background photo and button that tracks your pounds lost. I know it's only 2 so far, but fun none-the-less.

I like that idea too! I'm not very technological, but I'm going to "try" to download one of those weightloss counters.
scdufek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:34 PM   #57
thejunker
Earning My Ears

Just thought I would chime in here and let you all know about a free program called Live Fit Revolution. I went through phase 1 (6 weeks) and lost 24 pounds, or about 10% (I am tall and sturdy, but still started about 50 pounds overweight). I took a couple of weeks off (way off) and gained 2 - 3 back, now I am shifting back into phase 1 for 3 weeks, then picking back up at phase 2, as I have almost exactly 30 pounds to go to hit my target.

The nice thing is, that even though it is low carb, it is not as restrictive as other low carb diets, but overall, it is a pretty limited diet. The best part are the workouts, which only require a KettleBell (which you can get at Target or even cheaper on Amazon), and it is a very good whole body workout.

You can check it out here: livefitrevolution.org , it is completely free, and there are daily videos for the workouts, and lots of tips. The owners / hosts are wonderful, and communicate with you directly via email ond on their forums.

Sorry if this sounds like I am trying to push something, but me, my DW, and 2 of my friends all did it at the same time, and we all had similar results, so I am a big fan of it.
thejunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 09:39 PM   #58
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

Still doing well on the Eat to Live program, but I am going to stop weighing myself everyday, it can be depressing, so I will just weigh in on Wednesdays. Glad to see so many people joining in, next week I plan to start exercising more, hopefully it will start to cool off, tomorrow and Saturday are predicted to be near or over 100 degrees here in South Jersey

Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #59
luvmikids
DIS Veteran

Hi everyone! so glad I have encourage so many to jump on this train! Its been 11 days since starting the Atkins diet and I have lost 8 pounds. I am drinking at least a liter and a half of water everyday to flush the fat. I only plan on doing the induction phase of atkins to jump start my weight loss and plan to move into Jorge Cruise's belly fat cure fast track program for 14 days. his plan is kind of like atkins but good carbs or "super"carbs are allowed. He says a person can lose up to 3 pounds of body fat along with up to 10 pounds of "false"fat. I bought his book the other day and it looks every doable. so I will be checking in when I start the next phase.
I am doing Jillian's 30 day shred and it is tough!!even with all the cardio I do with zumba etc, I find myself out of breath and sweating! I wear a polar heart/calorie monitor and though I dont burn a ton of calories, it is something to start the day with. I burn less than 350 with it and with zumba I usually burn 600-800. so I will continue to push forward.
Thank you everyone for joining in and creating a great motivation for all of us.
oh and I am going to add one of those pounds lost tickers! FUN!
Good luck disers!

luvmikids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 10:20 AM   #60
disneymomof1
DIS Veteran

There goes my idea of weighing in only on Wednesdays, I had to step on the scale today and see the results. So far down 13 pounds !! Still doing well with the Eat to Live program. Making more of the recipes from the book. Last night was Lentil Stew, which consisted of lentils, onion, celery, tomatoes and basil. It was pretty good, It called for six cups of water, but I substituted two of those with organic vegetable broth, which I think gave it more flavor. I am still rocking the smoothie every morning, spinach, blueberries and another fruit. They are surprisingly filling. Now I just need to work some exercise into my daily routine.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: